Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore

Updated May 28, 2015

3.1

Graduate Program - Retail Clients Fast Track Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

The application is a 6 step process:
    1. Short Application Form
    2. Online Strengths Test
    3. Numerical and Abstract Reasoning Tests
    4. Video Interview
    5. Face-to-Face Interview with a Graduate Talent Acquisition Specialist
    6. Face-to-Face Business Interview

Interview Questions

• The short application form is where you submit your CV and answer questions about your experience.

The Online Strengths Test (not timed) is a series of questions describing potential scenarios, and you rank the given options from (1) your most likely plan of action, to (5) least likely plan of action.

The Numerical and Abstract Reasonings Tests are 2 two separate tests, the first is the Abstract Reasonings, which tests your ability to identify a pattern. There are a series of timed multiple choice questions (2 mins for 4 questions, and there are maybe 5 -8 sets in total) where they give you a sequence of shapes and you have to select which shape in missing in the sequence. The Numerical Reasonings Test tests your ability to read graphs and charts, calculate percentage and ratios, etc. The questions are simple, but you have 3 mins to answer 4 questions, which is challenging and hectic. There are about 5 - 8 sets of 4 questions

The Video Interview is a strengths-based interview, which I would recommend researching and preparing for those questions. It is a series of 14 questions, which you have 30 seconds to prepare for, and 1:30mins to answer. You can choose to finish your answer at any time during that time frame.

I have the Face-to-Face interview coming up.

Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Detailed elaboration on job scope and expectation. A few levels of interviews with focus on skills, experiences, qualification and fit. Interviews progress from technical to aptitudinal. Full process may take 1 month+.

Retail Client Fast Track Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through 3 stages already: 1) Online tests 2) Video Interview 3) Actual interview
    There were many questions that the HR asked. Some questions similar to the video interview. Mostly personal questions except maybe one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep yourself updated with current affairs? Give an example.   1 Answer

Legal Counsel - Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

An informal chat with the Senior Group Legal Counsel
    He described the requirements of the role and what they were looking for - they need to know if you have the right combination of experience/skills for that particular role. More focussed on what you have done before as opposed to the soft skills you can bring (eg communicator etc etc)

Was told that the next steps would involve a meeting with the boss of the Senior Group Legal Counsel, meeting the people on the team, and taking a test

International Graduate - Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online assessment, self-recorded video interview, phone interview and in-person interview. I applied online. At first, you can only apply to be in a country where you have legal right to work

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, questions related to previous professional experience, university studies, why SCB, why this division...almost no technical questions.   2 Answers

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

The HR contacted me about 5 weeks after my online video submissions. Prepare lots of stories to tell, both achievements and failures. The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions. Eg: What motivates you everyday? Tell me about a time when you failed? What keeps you awake at night? Tell me something new that you have learnt recently?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

- 3 rounds of interview
         - 2 technical rounds
         - 1 Inter-Personal

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.