Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions & Reviews in Singapore Singapore

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

5 interviews starting with HR screening, hiring manager, two stakeholders and the functional manager. The HR person was very dismissive and didn't create a 'warm' atmosphere' One of the stakeholders was positively negative about the role ie ;why would you want this role, its most likely to fail', hiring manager was very open and helpful in regards to prep for the next interviews, functional head was surprisingly pleasant and engaged for a very senior person.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want this role, its most likely to fail
      When have you failed in a role and what changes did you make as a result?
      Why should I hire you over anyone else?
      Tell me about the most difficult people decision you've had to make? (where people is someone in your team).
        Answer Question
    Not much interest from the company to negotiate it was a 'take it or leave it' offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2013.

Got contacted by phone after submitting my application online. Went for an interview where I was given technical and personality test. Around 1-2 months later, got selected for the programme.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in July 2013.

1. Emp referral
    6. Back ground checks
    7. Offer letter

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

- 3 rounds of interview
         - 2 technical rounds
         - 1 Inter-Personal

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2012.

- Phone Interview
    Talent Acquisition will contact you and do an initial interview with you over the phone, understand a bit about you your resume and arrange for an interview.

- Manager Interview (Group setting with 2 Managers and Interviewee)
    Initial meet with two of your potential line managers, this will be the first face to face interview and where both managers will get to know you better and if it goes well HR will arrange to meet you again.

- District Head and HR Interview (Group Setting again 2 on 1)
    District head will interview personally to understand you and this round is a bit more challenging depending on the approach of interview that the interviewers come with but this will be the final meet and will also be the interview where your future district manager will have their say on you.

- Offer signing with HR Representative.
    Final meet to go through the contract, to discuss and deliberate commensuration, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were personality and skill set based and the interviewers often want to know your mettle and drive in conducting yourself, showing abilities in sales, wealth advisory and understanding if you are in line with the organisations drive to grow and with their work culture.

Reasons on why you want to leave your last position and why you like to join Standard Chartered often came up.

Questions answered often came with rebuttals and be prepared to answer accordingly.
        Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

First round interview

Interview Questions
    • All fit questions, asked you things on your resume, and asked why you applied for this position in particular, and why you wanted to apply to SCB   Answer Question

RM Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

Got the interview through a Headhunter.

Global Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

multiple rounds of interview... Focus on Values

Interview Questions

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!