Standard Chartered Bank

3.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2014.

The HR contacted me about 5 weeks after my online video submissions. Prepare lots of stories to tell, both achievements and failures. The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions. Eg: What motivates you everyday? Tell me about a time when you failed? What keeps you awake at night? Tell me something new that you have learnt recently?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2014.

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions
    • Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

- 3 rounds of interview
         - 2 technical rounds
         - 1 Inter-Personal

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

First round interview

Interview Questions
    • All fit questions, asked you things on your resume, and asked why you applied for this position in particular, and why you wanted to apply to SCB   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Normal phone interview with HR and easy face to face, not much of difficulties.

Interview Questions

Regress in role rather than progress, remuneration not up to mark. Interviewer not being truthful on the bank situation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in July 2013.

1. Emp referral
    6. Back ground checks
    7. Offer letter

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2013.

Got contacted by phone after submitting my application online. Went for an interview where I was given technical and personality test. Around 1-2 months later, got selected for the programme.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2013.

I got a call from Kelly Services, Singapore regarding the opening. The Job description was very similar to my current profile and hence i got short listed for the position.
    There were 2 person taking the interview. They were very cool and broke the ice right away. Didn't start with usual questions like describe yourself and what you did?
    They asked me more about my current role and for most of the statements i made they asked me to provide an example or real life scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Had worked for the FX Option little bit and the interviewer went into hair split details. I had to accept that i didnt have expected level of knowledge.   Answer Question

It was a contract position and salary offered was below par. Hope to get a better offer next the :)