Standard Chartered Bank

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Management Intern Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2012.

Interview Details – - Phone Interview
Talent Acquisition will contact you and do an initial interview with you over the phone, understand a bit about you your resume and arrange for an interview.

- Manager Interview (Group setting with 2 Managers and Interviewee)
Initial meet with two of your potential line managers, this will be the first face to face interview and where both managers will get to know you better and if it goes well HR will arrange to meet you again.

- District Head and HR Interview (Group Setting again 2 on 1)
District head will interview personally to understand you and this round is a bit more challenging depending on the approach of interview that the interviewers come with but this will be the final meet and will also be the interview where your future district manager will have their say on you.

- Offer signing with HR Representative.
Final meet to go through the contract, to discuss and deliberate commensuration, benefits, etc.

Interview Question – Questions were personality and skill set based and the interviewers often want to know your mettle and drive in conducting yourself, showing abilities in sales, wealth advisory and understanding if you are in line with the organisations drive to grow and with their work culture.

Reasons on why you want to leave your last position and why you like to join Standard Chartered often came up.

Questions answered often came with rebuttals and be prepared to answer accordingly.
  Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview

Interview Question – All fit questions, asked you things on your resume, and asked why you applied for this position in particular, and why you wanted to apply to SCB   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

RM Sales Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a Headhunter.

Interview Question – Asked about strategies to revive a weak sales team   Answer Question

Global Head Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

Interview Details – multiple rounds of interview... Focus on Values

Interview Question – where do you see the next global crisis happening   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Normal phone interview with HR and easy face to face, not much of difficulties.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Regress in role rather than progress, remuneration not up to mark. Interviewer not being truthful on the bank situation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2011.

Interview Details – Consultancy was involved in whole process. 2 Interview - both are mostly technical.

Interview Question – It was easy for technical stuff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was extremely lucky to just have one face to face interview to secure an internship position. It all started out when Standard Chartered Bank sent a mass email to my school for a recruitment exercise. I submitted my resume and cover letter, thereafter I was called for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would like to join Standard Chartered Bank.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very straightforward and went as follows: 1. On site Shl aptitude test (nov)), 2. Online shl occupational personality questionnaire (nov), 3. Onsite Interview with resourcing manager (using Shl questionnaire with problem action result questions) (dec), 4. Panel interview with senior managers (dec). ;FYI - Shl is a vendor of assessment tools)

Interview Question – Stock Shl questions hence can be prepared for in advance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed package for all trainees

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from Kelly Services, Singapore regarding the opening. The Job description was very similar to my current profile and hence i got short listed for the position.
There were 2 person taking the interview. They were very cool and broke the ice right away. Didn't start with usual questions like describe yourself and what you did?
They asked me more about my current role and for most of the statements i made they asked me to provide an example or real life scenario.

Interview Question – Had worked for the FX Option little bit and the interviewer went into hair split details. I had to accept that i didnt have expected level of knowledge.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a contract position and salary offered was below par. Hope to get a better offer next the :)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Chartered Bank interview questions and advice in Singapore, Singapore. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Standard Chartered Bank employees and interview candidates.