Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions in Singapore, Singapore

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.1

International Graduate - Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online assessment, self-recorded video interview, phone interview and in-person interview. I applied online. At first, you can only apply to be in a country where you have legal right to work

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, questions related to previous professional experience, university studies, why SCB, why this division...almost no technical questions.   2 Answers

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

The HR contacted me about 5 weeks after my online video submissions. Prepare lots of stories to tell, both achievements and failures. The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions. Eg: What motivates you everyday? Tell me about a time when you failed? What keeps you awake at night? Tell me something new that you have learnt recently?

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

- 3 rounds of interview
         - 2 technical rounds
         - 1 Inter-Personal

Risk Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2013.

Interview

First round interview

Interview Questions

• All fit questions, asked you things on your resume, and asked why you applied for this position in particular, and why you wanted to apply to SCB   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Normal phone interview with HR and easy face to face, not much of difficulties.

Interview Questions

Regress in role rather than progress, remuneration not up to mark. Interviewer not being truthful on the bank situation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

1. Emp referral
    2. Technical Round
    3. Mgmt Round
    4. HR round
    5. Online profile registration
    6. Back ground checks
    7. Offer letter

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

Got contacted by phone after submitting my application online. Went for an interview where I was given technical and personality test. Around 1-2 months later, got selected for the programme.