Standard Chartered Bank

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – just a contract job by getting it via a H.R agency but use It as a chance to build the groundwork and network needed to make re-entry into banks easier, especially if keen on the finance and banking industry,

Interview Question – are you prepared to do mundane work ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – 5 interviews starting with HR screening, hiring manager, two stakeholders and the functional manager. The HR person was very dismissive and didn't create a 'warm' atmosphere' One of the stakeholders was positively negative about the role ie ;why would you want this role, its most likely to fail', hiring manager was very open and helpful in regards to prep for the next interviews, functional head was surprisingly pleasant and engaged for a very senior person.

Interview Question – Why would you want this role, its most likely to fail
When have you failed in a role and what changes did you make as a result?
Why should I hire you over anyone else?
Tell me about the most difficult people decision you've had to make? (where people is someone in your team).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much interest from the company to negotiate it was a 'take it or leave it' offer

Intern Interview

Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got contacted by phone after submitting my application online. Went for an interview where I was given technical and personality test. Around 1-2 months later, got selected for the programme.

Interview Question – Technical question - Had to fix the codes on the spot   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Emp referral

Interview Question – Online profile registration   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – - 3 rounds of interview
     - 2 technical rounds
     - 1 Inter-Personal

Interview Question – Standard questions really...none out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – First was a phone interview

Interview Question – Normal Interview Questions   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Marketing Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – It was a quick process over two rounds. They asked questions pertinent to the field of work to monitor how you respond.

Interview Question – How would you start and end a project account.   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

Risk Management Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – Includes a technical assessment on front end coding like JavaScript, CSS.

Interview Question – Technical questions like difference between REST AND SOAP. What is TDD.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No nego

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!