Standard Chartered Bank

3.1

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2014.

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions
    • Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question

CSA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

just a contract job by getting it via a H.R agency but use It as a chance to build the groundwork and network needed to make re-entry into banks easier, especially if keen on the finance and banking industry,

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

5 interviews starting with HR screening, hiring manager, two stakeholders and the functional manager. The HR person was very dismissive and didn't create a 'warm' atmosphere' One of the stakeholders was positively negative about the role ie ;why would you want this role, its most likely to fail', hiring manager was very open and helpful in regards to prep for the next interviews, functional head was surprisingly pleasant and engaged for a very senior person.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want this role, its most likely to fail
      When have you failed in a role and what changes did you make as a result?
      Why should I hire you over anyone else?
      Tell me about the most difficult people decision you've had to make? (where people is someone in your team).
        Answer Question
    Not much interest from the company to negotiate it was a 'take it or leave it' offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2013.

Got contacted by phone after submitting my application online. Went for an interview where I was given technical and personality test. Around 1-2 months later, got selected for the programme.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in July 2013.

1. Emp referral
    6. Back ground checks
    7. Offer letter

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

- 3 rounds of interview
         - 2 technical rounds
         - 1 Inter-Personal

Intern Interview

First was a phone interview

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

It was a quick process over two rounds. They asked questions pertinent to the field of work to monitor how you respond.

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Had a initial phone interview with HR that lasted about an hour, asked typical behavior questions about past experiences. After that got a call back about a week and a half later with a skype interview with my prospective manager. Typical behavioral questions with a few technical questions about the relation of risk and the bank. Offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to create a high quality piece of work   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!