Standard Microsystems Interview Questions

2.6

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Prior Lake, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Go to HR, take typing test, talk to someone, then get sent across the street to interview with the department. I was given names of 2 people to ask for at security and when I got there neither of those people were working that day. I was then told to wait that someone would come and get me. I was greeted by a very nice person and taken back even though I was already an employee of the company and wanting to transfer to this department. I could of walked back there myself. Once I got there I was walked into a "focus room" where the Asst. Manger of the dept also was sitting. I was ask a bunch of generic questions that were typed on a sheet of paper that all departments ask. I was not given a chance to ask any questions of them and when I tried I was rudely cut off. Why I ever agreed to take the job when offered I am still questioning myself about. I was not properly trained and treated like I was in grade school. I walked off the job and left a company I gave more than 10+ years of my life to.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about gossip   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none it was this is what they are going to pay you. When I asked about what hours were available and days off were I was told we will let you know.

Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems.

Interview

Was contacted by HR after applying and then was asked to come in for onsite interview. I meet with some nice engineers, and the interview was rather technical. However, there was an instance where they tried to play devils advocate and try and get a response and see how I handled it. I have been on a few interviews before and the way they handled it kind of put me off and made them seem a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Expect the usual HR grill about your weakness and strengths. Don't talk negatively about yourself these are trap questions. Turn every negative into a positive. I also didn't expect them to play devils advocate.   Answer Question

Lead Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Hauppauge, NY).

Interview

One on one with a manager and a couple of engineers.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about computers and digital electronics.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. Not many technical questions were asked. The manager that hired me never interviewed me which I felt was very strange. Most of the questions were about my education back ground and areas of interest.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but didnt help much the HR director was a tough negotiator.

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I applied through my campus recruitment.1st round was a written test for about 150 students of which around 30 were selected.1st round contained digital elecs,analog,c . all questions were concept related and relatively easy. 2nd round was tech interview.interview took place in the company.4 of them interviewed me.Interview questions were basically from microcontrollers,c programming.i din prepare c well so messed up the interview a bit.Interview went for nearly an hour. 3rd round was telephonic interview with the software lead who was in US. i messed up this too.he asked me about my project and some microcontroller related stuff.till this it was okay and i could answer. suddenly he asked me the subjects that i was studying that semester.He then started asking about image processing,which i totally messed up and started blabbering.Interview went for 25 mins.Then the HR called me after 2 days and asked to come to the office for HR discussion and i was given the offer letter. No negotiations since it was campus recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the function or the image output from the KL transform   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems.

Interview

Very easy and fast process. Interview was held in the janitors lockroom for 15min

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Chennai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

face to face interview

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems in July 2010.

Interview

Almost for a month, every week there was a telephonic interview. The process was a bit slow, but EASY.

Chief Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Bangalore (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

very good pre employment process..... very fast and accurate...

Interview Questions

• Finance department, GAAP, and IFRS....   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Microsystems (Bangalore (India)) in September 2008.

Interview

Face to Face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.