Standard Motor Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Long Island City, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Standard Motor Products in October 2010.

Interview Details – HR called me up after I submitted my resume. They give you a simple IQ test and automotive quiz. The HR speaks to you and later get send to the department manager to get interview. There decision is quick and simple.

Interview Question – What is my weakness.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Motor Products.

Interview Details – They do personality assessment and a job match profile. If a fit you are provided a phone screen by the HR manager. You are then brought in and meet with the facility director, HR, and members of the team.

Interview Question – From the profile and job match they tend to know what you do well and areas that you need more experience in. So if you prefer to work alone and you need to work in cross functional teams you can expect to get that type of question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They had the whole package laid out in what was covered in salary, bonus, benefits and relocation. While I did not get to start they were flexible based on my performance in making future adjustments.

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Standard Motor Products in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was set up through email. Went in and met with recruiter. Afterwards interviewd with the hiring manager. Sent in a thank you email. Tried to follow up with the recruiter through email and phone but never heard back.

Interview Question – Put out several parts from different products and asked what I think they do.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Standard Motor Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Motor Products interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Standard Motor Products employees and interview candidates.