Standard Pacific

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Standard Pacific in May 2013.

Initial contact to hiring manager was through a friend who worked in the office. First interview with Vice President of Construction went fairly well, although two hours long. He even brought in the H.R. manager to go over the benefits package, towards the end of the interview. We left with them saying that as soon as the Background Check comes back, we will give you a call to go over the next step. They said the BC would take about three days, which it did, because I received an email from the BC company three days later.

After not hearing from them for two more days, I made a follow up call to the VP of Construction and had to leave a message. Two days later he calls back saying my BC came back good and they wanted me to come in for a second interview with the Area President of Construction. That interview did not go so well. He was in a hurry. I could tell he did not want to be there and frankly made me nervous. Needless to say, I did not get the job. The rejection letter came in the mail four weeks later...Great follow up.

Interview Questions
  • VP went off of a list of 25 questions, none of them seemed difficult or unexpected. Some just seemed redundant.   Answer Question

Worked for Standard Pacific? Contribute to the Community!