Standard Parking Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

1.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Standard Parking.

Walked in she gave me the wrong paper so I wasn't asked any questions just told about the job. Background check cleared same day, Took my drug test the next day hired by sunday. It was only seasonal

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. I was handed the paper The supervisor was suppose to have so I wrote all my own answers for the questions   Answer Question

Lot Attendant/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Standard Parking in October 2013.

the application has to be done online which a downfall for those who do not have access to the internet. the application process is slightly long and tedious this is the longest part of the hiring process aside from the drug and background check. the application has an approval stage which at this time it become a waiting game.

Interview Questions
    • our site doesnt get many odd or unexpected questions more based upon our rates and about things around town and moreso directions. even in interview there arent any difficult or unexpected questions either.   Answer Question

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Standard Parking.

The interview process was very easy it took a while but mostly everybody who got interviewed got the job

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions they just basically want to know if you can use your hands to direct cars in different directions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation pay started at 9.00 hr

Parking Enforcement Ofc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cathedral City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cathedral City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Standard Parking in August 2012.

I Called and Told them I had been in Law Enforcement for 45 years and was retired from LAPD and the State of Okla. I was retired from both Now I have moved back to Calif. and would like a part time job. I also game them a copy of my Book ForeverBlue. They were also ex police Ofcs. and knew I no what I was taking about.

Interview Questions
    They offered and I took the job.

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Standard Parking in September 2011.

I literally had an on the spot interview that lasted no longer than 5 minutes. I walked in and asked for an application and filled it out after filling it out and handing it back i was asked to come into the managers office for the interview. It was brief and basic general interview questions and background things.

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was "can you go 16 hrs standing on your feet?" if someone called out or there was an busy day due to the fact its a shopping mall garage then you would more than likely serve to 8 hr shifts   Answer Question
    i negotiated a deal for my religious attire even though they did not hold their end of the bargain.

Parking Garage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Standard Parking in September 2010.

To apply for the job you CAN apply online but it is best to get in contact with facility managers to ask for any new job openings and to speak with the managers in person. Then you fill out another application at the standard parking office depending on which location you are looking to work at. Then you will be interviewed the same day and asked to take a drug test and background check after that with in the week you will be hired and trained.

Interview Questions
    • Why should the company hire you?   View Answer
    • Many of our employees quit or cannot come in would you be willing to pick up there shift with little notice   View Answer
    Their is not much negotiating when getting hired only after 6 months or a year of working there can you negotiate your salary.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Standard Parking in September 2010.

Had two interviews before I was hired. This goes back more than 20 years, so I don't think it will be relevant. However, the department hired a couple of other people and the process is pretty much the same.

Interview Questions
    There was none, I was just told how much the position would pay and that was that.

Shuttle Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Standard Parking in April 2010.

Basic question interview. Ask about prior employment history. The full interview consist of a 2 day process. First day you will meet with the Human resources and just answer basic interview questions. If everything goes to plan you will then be instructed to take a drug test at the medical center. When test results come back clean then you will receive a call for the next interview with the parking manager, from my experience the parking manger interview is more easy going then the HR's interview, just a form of basic questions almost the same as HR.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to calm down an augmentative customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Standard Parking in January 2009.

I filled out an application and began working immediately. They were short-staffed and I was available. I knew another employee, so that helped the process move along more quickly. Similar to most other entry-level position interviews, the paperwork was the worst part. They asked me very basic questions, but for most people I think they'd want to be more in-depth with their interviewing process. They may want to know that you are capable of efficiently handling money and are reliable.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with handling money?   View Answer