Standard Parking Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.4

Valet Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Parking.

Interview

Know somebody, we only hired by word of mouth. That said, just go in and hang with the valet's and if you get along well you're good to go. Perfect college job - flexible hours and good tips!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Hollywood, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very brief she just asked about my availability, previous work experience, and why do I want to work for the company. She seem eager to hired just about anybody.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Walked in she gave me the wrong paper so I wasn't asked any questions just told about the job. Background check cleared same day, Took my drug test the next day hired by sunday. It was only seasonal

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. I was handed the paper The supervisor was suppose to have so I wrote all my own answers for the questions   Answer Question

Lot Attendant/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Parking in October 2013.

Interview

the application has to be done online which a downfall for those who do not have access to the internet. the application process is slightly long and tedious this is the longest part of the hiring process aside from the drug and background check. the application has an approval stage which at this time it become a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• our site doesnt get many odd or unexpected questions more based upon our rates and about things around town and moreso directions. even in interview there arent any difficult or unexpected questions either.   Answer Question

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was very easy it took a while but mostly everybody who got interviewed got the job

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions they just basically want to know if you can use your hands to direct cars in different directions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation pay started at 9.00 hr

Parking Enforcement Ofc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cathedral City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Cathedral City, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I Called and Told them I had been in Law Enforcement for 45 years and was retired from LAPD and the State of Okla. I was retired from both Now I have moved back to Calif. and would like a part time job. I also game them a copy of my Book ForeverBlue. They were also ex police Ofcs. and knew I no what I was taking about.

Interview Questions

• Can you go to work tomrrow.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and I took the job.

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Queens Village, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I literally had an on the spot interview that lasted no longer than 5 minutes. I walked in and asked for an application and filled it out after filling it out and handing it back i was asked to come into the managers office for the interview. It was brief and basic general interview questions and background things.

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected question was "can you go 16 hrs standing on your feet?" if someone called out or there was an busy day due to the fact its a shopping mall garage then you would more than likely serve to 8 hr shifts   Answer Question

Negotiation

i negotiated a deal for my religious attire even though they did not hold their end of the bargain.

Non Union Ticket Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Columbus, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

we were all herded into a large basement like circus animals and given a quiz about how to park cars and very large trucks and then some people just got up and left well they were dismissed after stern warnings to turn off their mobile phones, others complained about having to be in the hot sun or snowy cold and we were all told no phone calls ever while on the job , some applicants were very un-educated and could not handle really being with the public so they were told to just leave and go work fast food in the back on the grill or what have you.

Interview Questions

• have you ever been in prison   1 Answer
    • do you have ''tattoos'' ?   1 Answer
    • do you smoke cigs or snuff tobacco seedlings ?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Had two interviews before I was hired. This goes back more than 20 years, so I don't think it will be relevant. However, the department hired a couple of other people and the process is pretty much the same.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, I was just told how much the position would pay and that was that.

Parking Garage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Parking (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

To apply for the job you CAN apply online but it is best to get in contact with facility managers to ask for any new job openings and to speak with the managers in person. Then you fill out another application at the standard parking office depending on which location you are looking to work at. Then you will be interviewed the same day and asked to take a drug test and background check after that with in the week you will be hired and trained.

Interview Questions

• Why should the company hire you?   1 Answer
    • Many of our employees quit or cannot come in would you be willing to pick up there shift with little notice   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their is not much negotiating when getting hired only after 6 months or a year of working there can you negotiate your salary.