Standard Register

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Studio Representative Interview

Service Studio Representative
Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Register in January 2010.

Interview Details – two person interview, personality related questions, One person played "good guy" one person played "the tough guy" roles.

Interview Question – none. questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much of a negotiation process.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Dayton, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Standard Register.

Interview Details – Came through a temporary agency. No official hiring process

Negotiation Details – they would not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Standard Register.

Interview Details – Came in for the interview expecting one pay rate and then got there and they had a piece a paper on the table that it was lower and non-negotiable. Lasted about 30 mins and received a call to start 45 mins after leaving.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult at all very common questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NON-NEGOTIBLE

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Register.

Interview Details – Brings every person imaginable in to interview including people just hired the day prior. Gives a test at the end of the interview. Comments are made on everything including how the interviewee dresses.

Interview Question – The test is unexpected and most people even people in the field with years f the experience fail it.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Low pay is offered and those with highest pay at company are laid off. If you must work then you will need to take their offer.

Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Register in August 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly standard interview/hiring process. Was asked to do a mock cold call to hiring manager. Took a personality test as well which they use for future promotions which is not the best practice since people can change once taking the test.

Interview Question – Had to do a mock cold call. Was sent over information regarding an offering and was told to try and secure a meeting based on no training and a 3 page brochure that failed to mention the title of the offering.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Register in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initiated through external recuriter, but all interviewing handled by hiring manager. Several levels (hiring manager, same-level manager from another region, National VP of Sales and CEO) were involved in process. Did not include opportunity to talk with current employees in similar roles. Expectations of role were well defined. Training was very good.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, quite uneventful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unveventful, well communicated by hiring manager.

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Register in April 2009.

Interview Details – Lots of phone interviews up front (3), went in for 2 interviews then waited two months to get hired.

Interview Question – It was very basic questions, not too complicated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward, offered what I expected.

Forms Designer Interview

Forms Designer
Toccoa, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Register in May 2010.

Interview Details – Starts off with a phone interview and then a 1:1 interview with the design manager. Before interviewing with the design manager, I was given a typing test and a basic math skills test. After the interview with the manager, I was given a form to recreate to make sure I knew the software.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had a conflict with a co-worker or customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Dayton, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Standard Register in February 2010.

Interview Details – They like to recruit from Kforce. There were two one-on-one interviews in the initial interview. Afterward HR will call if they are interested and generally have you back for a second interview. They will have you take a test to see if you will be successful in your position. My department was very concerned with personality when hiring. They didn't ask many questions about what I knew about the company. Much of the interview was behavioral

Interview Question – What do you have to offer this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase for me. I accepted the offer they were making through my recruiter.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Dayton, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Register in January 2010.

Interview Details – They start the 1:1 interview asking about your high school experiences. Then on to your college years & etc. Being someone out of high school for almost 30 years, I found this to be a bit silly. Especially since there were very few questions regarding my expertise in my field. In my opinion, they wasted valuable time with these questions. After 30 years, it was difficult for me to remember my GPA. I wonder why they think this information is relevant after 30 years? Anyway, it was a strange interview. The HR rep was great during the initial recruiting process but everything changed with the 1:1 interview. It seems that some people want to step into the new millenium and think progressively but others want to play the old games with the interview process

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment in high school?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Standard Register? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Register interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Standard Register employees and interview candidates.