Stanford Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied 8/11, I got called by the hiring manager to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the unit manager and the assistant manager. They were very friendy and welcoming. They do not make you feel intimidated or scared. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour. They also gave me a tour of the unit. They allowed me to ask questions. What I like the most is that the process was fast and I was able to directly talk to the hiring manager. The same day after my interview as I was walking out of the hospital, the manager called me and said that she couldn't wait another day more and would like to extend me the job offer. I said yes, of course! It's Stanford!

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Stanford, CA).

Interview

If you do your clinical at Stanford hospital, people already know you which can be an advantage. Then there is a week of reviewing skills. Then there is about a year of Residency where they ask you how you are doing in the process because they would like to keep you.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. I had to wait for a phone call. Then they said they had to reschedule. Then they had told me that they had found someone more qualified for the position. It was frustrating because I didn't know whether to call and follow up or wait for their answer. Since I didn't follow up they thought I was disinterested.

PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were behavioral questions and clinical questions. The panel ask questions by turn. They are quite friendly, but I was nervous. You have a chance to tour the facility, but it won't take too long.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very fast, first spoke to a recruiter, then 3 phone interviews then a half day of in person interviews. The process was fast. The people were friendly and questions were fair -- most seemed liked a skills assessment and whether I was cultural fit. The one issue of note: I was required to pay all of my travel expenses for the in-person interview up front and it took over a month to get reimbursed. They also require a W-9 for reimbursement, which was new to me. The manager did call personally to tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a job at this time in your life?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

Went through an agency recruiter so first interview was smoo to setup. After interview I heard back the next day on next steps to fly out but was slow to setup but it was over the holidays.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions but I have interviewed and been interviewed many times so no real surprises, they are very concerned about cultural fit which I appreciated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was told top offer was given, it was a fair salary offer in my opinnion. I was most interested in relocation assistance could have been better.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

New Grads must go through a rigorous and competitive hiring process. It starts with a phone interview, then there are group interviews, and then you interview in different departments in front of a panel. Be as polished as possible. Many good candidates don't make it. So, don't feel bad if that's you. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Stanford uses a personality assessment tool via a third party product. They swear by it, but i'm not convinced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because it's unionized.

Corporate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter a week later. She scheduled an initial screening with me and shared more about the position before passing me on to the hiring manager and leadership team. I met with them a few weeks later - by far it was the easiest interview process I've been through at this level. No challenging questions, no case interview, nothing. The recruiter called me back and offered me a match to my current salary and then the hiring manager called me later that day and offered me 10% more than what I requested (20% more than my current salary). I want to stress that, recruiter aside, I truly enjoyed getting to know a variety of people at the hospital. That being said, the interview process itself left much to be desired.

I declined for four reasons: 1. During two of the interviews (more like meet and greets) with leaders they shared their concerns regarding current leadership and the culture at the hospital, as well as the specific department I had applied to. 2. The VP that I interviewed with did not have a process for the interview, rather only asked a few questions and explained the existing projects. (red flag for me) 3. I felt that my recruiter was unprofessional and didn't do a good job of representing the organization. I really didn't feel that she was on the same page as the hiring manager, and in fact felt that the hiring manager had to take over towards the end. 4. I parsed through reviews online and had many concerns about the current culture and leadership at the hospital. In all fairness, I decided to leave my current company due to the culture and lack of accountability so I was especially sensitive to such commentary/insights.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then 1:1 interviews with a few people. Received an email less than a week later w/offer. Interviews were not extremely difficult. I would say they were average.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and i regret it

New Grad Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford Health Care (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

In a word intense! Be prepared to think on your feet. The process is timed, meaning you will have a maximum of 2 minutes to answer each of the 4 questions posed to you. There will be 3 other candidates in the room with you and up to 10-12 managers and HR people scoring your answers. Keep in mind it's behavioral, they want to hear a clinical situation describing what you actually did, not what your nurse did or what you would do in a hypothetical situation. You will be asked a question covering 4 areas of nursing from care/comfort to critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• To begin with you will be asked to interview the candidate next to you and in 2 minutes explain why he/she would be a good fit for Stanford.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - salary fixed for all residents