Stanford University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.0

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

contact Professor directly and did independent research with him in order to be qualified

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

I sent my resume and they called me in for an interview. The interview felt semi-formal, they seemed to just want to know who I was and what my interests were in. It was very simple and not as intimidating as I would have expected.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

it will very much depend on the professor you would like to work with. The more popular he/she is, the harder to get in his/her group.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University in March 2011.

Interview

The professor will usually give you a trial period of a quarter, or even two quarters to decide if you are a good fit for the research group. To secure funding, sometimes you will need to make presentations about your project either to industry or funding agencies such as NSF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process begins when you are admitted as a graduate student. In order to be admitted you have to submit an application. Then if you're in the idea is to find an advisor willing to fund you. In order to get hired by a research group you will have to work on a project for a quarter and try to impress the professor.

Interview Questions

• I had to develop an advection code during the quarter that is able to account for shocks.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University in January 2011.

Interview

A phone interview about my career plans.