Stanford University

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Stanford University

Interview Details – The first communication was a phone call from an HR representative. This was followed by a 1-hour phone interview. The questions asked during the phone interview where very basic computer architecture questions followed by a simple brain teaser. After this, an on-site visitation was arranged where I had eight 1-hour 1:1 interview with the different member of my new team. The questions varied, but mostly I repeated the quick presentation of my graduate research and answered questions related to that. Most of the people where very interested in the answers.

Interview Question – The first communication was a phone call from an HR representative. This was followed by a 1-hour phone interview. The questions asked during the phone interview where very basic computer architecture questions followed by a simple brain teaser. After this, an on-site visitation was arranged where I had eight 1-hour 1:1 interview with the different member of my new team. The questions varied, but mostly I repeated the quick presentation of my graduate research and answered questions related to that. Most of the people where very interested in the answers.   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2009.

Interview Details – -He asked me to tell him about myself
-Why do you like computers?
    -I use computers every day, more specifically I use Google everyday whether it is the search engine, Google mail, and the Google App Engine
    -Described Google App Engine/my projects

Interview Questions

• -He asked me to tell him about myself
    -Why do you like computers?
        -Described Google App Engine/my projects
      Answer Question
  • -Described Google App Engine/my projects
        -He asked me to tell him more about my projects and what aspects of it did I work on?
      Answer Question

Graduate Student

The process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in December 2010.

Interview Details – i flew out to the university and met with a wide variety of faculty. the interesting thing about being a phd at stanford is they require a faculty to choose you from a pile of names. if the faculty don't wish to go pull your file and then offer you a spot, you don't get a spot.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you had a technical failure   Answer Question

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!