Stanford University Graduate Student Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Student Interview

Interview Questions
  • The first communication was a phone call from an HR representative. This was followed by a 1-hour phone interview. The questions asked during the phone interview where very basic computer architecture questions followed by a simple brain teaser. After this, an on-site visitation was arranged where I had eight 1-hour 1:1 interview with the different member of my new team. The questions varied, but mostly I repeated the quick presentation of my graduate research and answered questions related to that. Most of the people where very interested in the answers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2009.

-He asked me to tell him about myself
    -Why do you like computers?
        -I use computers every day, more specifically I use Google everyday whether it is the search engine, Google mail, and the Google App Engine
        -Described Google App Engine/my projects

Interview Questions
    • -He asked me to tell him about myself
      -Why do you like computers?
          -Described Google App Engine/my projects
        Answer Question
    • -Described Google App Engine/my projects
          -He asked me to tell him more about my projects and what aspects of it did I work on?
        Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in December 2010.

i flew out to the university and met with a wide variety of faculty. the interesting thing about being a phd at stanford is they require a faculty to choose you from a pile of names. if the faculty don't wish to go pull your file and then offer you a spot, you don't get a spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!