Stanford University

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Stanford University.

It was a long time before they responded to my job application for this position, but I was happy that they did.

First it was a phone screening and the manager asked me about my previous jobs and experience as well as how I would respond to certain situations. The phone screening went smoothly and the manager invited me for an in-person interview right at the end of the call. Awesome!

I went to the campus and it was very beautiful. The buildings were iconic and the campus has the most beautiful landscaping I've ever seen.

I met with the manager and 3 other people and they all asked me a series of IT realated puzzles and some logic puzzles as well. There was even a practical where you get a client and you have to solve their problem. Over all I pretty much nailed every question and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone and solving the puzzles.

They said I would hear back from them in a week, but alas, that didn't happen...

Despite me doing well in the interview, I think what I did wrong is that I failed to follow up promptly... or maybe I came off as too cocky as I was flying through the questions they gave me...

Over all, Stanford would probably be the best place for me to work because I love to do IT at a place I really love and care about. Everyone is extremely nice and friendly.

If any of you wonder if you should try to apply there, I say go for it. I didn't get my chance, but I will certainly try again later.

Interview Questions
  • Many different questions about IT across a multitude of platforms   Answer Question