Stanford University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2014
110 interviews

2.9

Administrative Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University.

Was hired initially as temp to hire but temp status was long drawn out as administration was not in hurry to make full time with benefits. Interviewing was nice and they have you interview with many people who you will work with to not only hear about different aspects of work but to see if you mesh well with them.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stanford, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Stanford University in September 2010.

The interview process begins when you are admitted as a graduate student. In order to be admitted you have to submit an application. Then if you're in the idea is to find an advisor willing to fund you. In order to get hired by a research group you will have to work on a project for a quarter and try to impress the professor.

Interview Questions
    • I had to develop an advection code during the quarter that is able to account for shocks.   Answer Question

Housing Building Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University.

Put candidates through six panels of twelve interviewers per panel in one day. One panel offered lunch but was unable to eat as I was being interviewed with non-stop questions while the 12 panel members ate their lunch. Questions from all panel sessions consisted of similar canned interview questions. Very unprofessional and disrespectful. The best interview session was with the Director of the department, one-on-one. Very good interview with her. She was very respectful and asked relevant, real life questions. I would have been honored to work for her. For the other 72 people that interviewed me . . .

I hope by now that they have since changed their interviewing format.

Interview Questions
    • Each set of questions throughout the day were pretty much the same so by the end of the day creativity was an absolute necessity.   Answer Question

Clinical Fellow Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in March 2010.

Before I applied for a clinical fellowship, I did an away-rotation as a resident. This felt like a month-long interview as I was constantly under the watchful eye of my potential team. I ended up working a lot harder than most visiting residents because I really wanted to match at Stanford. Overall it was a grueling month and I did not have to come back to interview. Instead, I was pretty much told that they have been interviewing me all month long.

Interview Questions
    • I was constantly asked very technical questions regarding pathophysiology of diseases.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stanford, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2014.

Phone screen, then brought in for an interview. I did this for two different administrative positions

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will be bored in this position?   View Answer

Encryption Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanford University in February 2014.

Through a 3rd party Contracting Company - told go for an interview met with 5 people.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about both apple and windows platforms and overall navigation of OS and settings.   Answer Question
    No negotiation told all controlled via the 3rd party contacting company.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University.

Applied on Stanford Jobs website. No response. Found hiring manager by applying to another job in the same organization. Wrote to hiring manager and got interview.

Interview Questions
    • Let me tell you why I don't think you're qualified for the job.   View Answer
    Had to negotiate salary; was able to negotiate an increase for six months after hire.

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

Interviewing process took about 1 month. Began with a phone screen, followed by an initial interview by the department recruiter and hiring director. I then returned a week later for the second round of interviews with the Associate Dean, a panel of 3 potential colleagues, and the person I would be replacing. My final and third interview was with the Dean. I interviewed with a total of 8 people. In the end, I didn't get the job as another candidate was selected. The interview process was very professional and all very nice and appropriate questions. I believe the interviews went well and I clicked with everyone on the interview team except with the Dean. For some reason, we just didn't seem to click and the interview just didn't seem to go as smoothly as the rest.

Interview Questions
    • How did you setup social media and how do you maintain or keep it updated?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stanford, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2010.

I interviewed only with my professor

I was given a salary that I accepted

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

I was working at the museum as a volunteer. Once I met another volunteer who used to be an empolyee of the museum. He then referred me to a staff and I got the chance to be interviewed. The interview is not difficult, just asked about my passion about art, what I am learning at Stanford, etc.