Stanford University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Clinical Fellow Interview

Clinical Fellow

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Before I applied for a clinical fellowship, I did an away-rotation as a resident. This felt like a month-long interview as I was constantly under the watchful eye of my potential team. I ended up working a lot harder than most visiting residents because I really wanted to match at Stanford. Overall it was a grueling month and I did not have to come back to interview. Instead, I was pretty much told that they have been interviewing me all month long.

Interview Question – I was constantly asked very technical questions regarding pathophysiology of diseases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate
Stanford, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then brought in for an interview. I did this for two different administrative positions

Interview Question – Do you think you will be bored in this position?   View Answer

Encryption Team Interview

Encryption Team
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanford University in February 2014.

Interview Details – Through a 3rd party Contracting Company - told go for an interview met with 5 people.

Interview Question – Ask about both apple and windows platforms and overall navigation of OS and settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation told all controlled via the 3rd party contacting company.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview Details – Applied on Stanford Jobs website. No response. Found hiring manager by applying to another job in the same organization. Wrote to hiring manager and got interview.

Interview Question – Let me tell you why I don't think you're qualified for the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Had to negotiate salary; was able to negotiate an increase for six months after hire.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewing process took about 1 month. Began with a phone screen, followed by an initial interview by the department recruiter and hiring director. I then returned a week later for the second round of interviews with the Associate Dean, a panel of 3 potential colleagues, and the person I would be replacing. My final and third interview was with the Dean. I interviewed with a total of 8 people. In the end, I didn't get the job as another candidate was selected. The interview process was very professional and all very nice and appropriate questions. I believe the interviews went well and I clicked with everyone on the interview team except with the Dean. For some reason, we just didn't seem to click and the interview just didn't seem to go as smoothly as the rest.

Interview Question – How did you setup social media and how do you maintain or keep it updated?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Stanford, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed only with my professor

Negotiation Details – I was given a salary that I accepted

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was working at the museum as a volunteer. Once I met another volunteer who used to be an empolyee of the museum. He then referred me to a staff and I got the chance to be interviewed. The interview is not difficult, just asked about my passion about art, what I am learning at Stanford, etc.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Interviewed at Stanford University

Interview Details – Phone interview with 3 different faculties first. After that, I was invited onsite to meet more faculties and other postdocs.

Interview Question – Why should I not hire you?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview Details – contact Professor directly and did independent research with him in order to be qualified

Interview Question – Personal statement   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview Details – Directly Contact Boss. Asked him for job. Initially met at conference, then he flew me in to interview in person. He knew my previous boss, so that got my foot in door.

Interview Question – Can you get your own funding?   View Answer