Stanford University

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.8

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Individual meeting with prinicipal investigator and other lab members, including other postdoctoral fellows, graduate researchers, and undergraduate students; Oral presentation consisted of work I performed during graduate school and ideas for projects I wanted to pursue in the new lab.

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Phone interview with 3 different faculties first. After that, I was invited onsite to meet more faculties and other postdocs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stanford University in August 2010.

Met a professor at a conference, was invited to give a job-talk. A few scientific question about my research were asked, a couple of meetings with some lab members to feel whether both sides match.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a technical detail in the host lab which I wasn't familiar with.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my salary, managed to raise 10%.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stanford University in August 2010.

phone interview for 15min, ask for reference letter from my previous lab supervisor. Mostly talk about the new position and the collaboration with others lab at Stanford. After I ogt the offer, I start a lot of paperwroks for immigration and work authorization in US

Interview Questions
    • why I would like to come in USA? Do I want to stay in USA, and for along?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanford University in October 2009.

PI called me to make an interview. First go through my research experience, then go into details of each period. for each period questions about details were asked. maybe it is not face-face interview, so quite many technical details were involved.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanford University in July 2011.

It is a phone interview. The PI first told me that he might be have a opening in couple of months so he is interviewing. He gave me updated info about his research, talked about how many people in his group, what activities (meetings etc) and collaborators are. The the PI asked me about why I want to join the lab, career goal, visa status, publications. It went well. The things is that they are not sure when the space will open. He told me once he has better idea he will arrange a visit. It's about 45min. Overall the PI was very nice, I really hope his current postdoc find a job and leave soon!