Stanford University Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanford University.

Seminar, one on one interviews, full day

No negotiation, fixed salary

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanford University in November 2011.

It is with my PHD advisor! So the interview is pretty easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stanford University in June 2011.

Just exchanged emails with my advisor, got an invitation letter attached to the 4th email, met him at first day in office.

Interview Questions
    • No question asked, just resume review and explanation.   Answer Question
    no negotiation possible, there is a salary grid strictly enforced for the postdocs of my department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanford University in October 2010.

Sent out email and resume. PI contacted me over phone and did an initial chat and asked for references. PI spoke to references and called me back for an onsite interview . Put me up at a hotel in downtown Palo Alto. Did a Full day interview with his 20+ lab group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanford University in June 2010.

I was contacted by a professor in my field who was looking for a postdoc with a background similar to mine. We set up an interview for about a week later. I met with the professor, gave an hour-long talk with Q and A, met with different lab members and took tours of the labs, and met with the professor again; total interview time of about 5 hours. The professor was obviously extremely smart, very driven and excited about the projects, kind, forthright, and positive. The facilities and equipment were top-of-the-line, cutting edge. The students were smart with personalities varying from laid back to intense, funny to serious.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about my thesis project and questions about my future goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stanford University in August 2009.

I gave a job talk and met with several individuals int he laboratory I was applying for. Great interview with a clear display of career potential and with discussion of potential project and collaborations. Clear path to career development.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure there was one. i guess that most difficult aspect of the interview is related with getting the standards high for your presentation. Scientific standards are high at Stanford.   Answer Question
    Great. I managed to get my moving expenses payed for. Which is not common for a postdoc.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Very easy straight forward. Got a date and was asked to give a talk during the general lab seminar.

no negotiation...take it or leave it