Stanford University

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Stanford, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in June 2011.

Interview Details – Just exchanged emails with my advisor, got an invitation letter attached to the 4th email, met him at first day in office.

Interview Question – No question asked, just resume review and explanation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation possible, there is a salary grid strictly enforced for the postdocs of my department

Postdoctoral Researcher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview Details – Seminar, one on one interviews, full day

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, fixed salary

Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanford University in August 2009.

Interview Details – I gave a job talk and met with several individuals int he laboratory I was applying for. Great interview with a clear display of career potential and with discussion of potential project and collaborations. Clear path to career development.

Interview Question – Not sure there was one. i guess that most difficult aspect of the interview is related with getting the standards high for your presentation. Scientific standards are high at Stanford.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great. I managed to get my moving expenses payed for. Which is not common for a postdoc.

Very Easy Interview

Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2011.

Interview Details – It is with my PHD advisor! So the interview is pretty easy!

Interview Question – What are you going to do during your post-doc period?   Answer Question

Stanford, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in October 2010.

Interview Details – Sent out email and resume. PI contacted me over phone and did an initial chat and asked for references. PI spoke to references and called me back for an onsite interview . Put me up at a hotel in downtown Palo Alto. Did a Full day interview with his 20+ lab group.

Interview Question – Describe what you want to contribute to the lab?   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a professor in my field who was looking for a postdoc with a background similar to mine. We set up an interview for about a week later. I met with the professor, gave an hour-long talk with Q and A, met with different lab members and took tours of the labs, and met with the professor again; total interview time of about 5 hours. The professor was obviously extremely smart, very driven and excited about the projects, kind, forthright, and positive. The facilities and equipment were top-of-the-line, cutting edge. The students were smart with personalities varying from laid back to intense, funny to serious.

Interview Question – Technical questions about my thesis project and questions about my future goals.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stanford University

Interview Details – Very easy straight forward. Got a date and was asked to give a talk during the general lab seminar.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...take it or leave it

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!