Stanford University

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stanford, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed only with my professor

Negotiation Details – I was given a salary that I accepted

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was working at the museum as a volunteer. Once I met another volunteer who used to be an empolyee of the museum. He then referred me to a staff and I got the chance to be interviewed. The interview is not difficult, just asked about my passion about art, what I am learning at Stanford, etc.

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview Details – Just general questions about my interests, background in research, and general knowledge about the subject matter

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview Details – took one month for a call back. Met individually with 3 people, about 20 minutes with each person.

Interview Question – Easy questions. Asked: why I wanted job, research experience, and if an when I ever brok protocol.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was a very low stress process, however this is very specific to the area of the school I work in (and those I now work under). There was pressure on their end to hire someone and the process was quick. I had a short phone interview that led to an in person interview, 1:1 with 2 separate supervisors. It was a casual discussion about abilities, interests, and needs.

Interview Question – No question was unexpected or difficult, all within my realm of experience and non-specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Essentially the position was offered as a non-negotiable salary due to budget constraints. I have found out that the employee I replaced was payed significantly more. I have not, and do not intend to, push on this front.

Interviewed at Stanford University

Interview Details – Regular HR interview with typical HR questions.
Why did you choose this company?
5yr plan?

Interview Question – The most significant ever happened in your life at professional or personal level?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stanford University

Interview Details – PhD candidate. applications were submitted through online systems. wait for a couple of months until they gave an admission to the position. After a another month, the financial aid information was provided. all through emails.

Interviewed at Stanford University

Interview Details – Submit application to graduate school; interview; acception; find academic advisor that can provide financial support

Interview Question – what can you contribute to the research group   Answer Question

Research Assistant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanford University in May 2011.

Interview Details – Online application process; candidates ranked their top research project choices and wrote short essays about why they wanted to be a part of those projects. A few background checks on major and interest in the field. Professors then go through the applications and rank the ones they seem are most suited for the research. A computer does the final matchup that determines whether and who gets to work in which position.

Interview Question – What is your major?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in June 2010.

Interview Details – It was informal, meet with a few researchers, talked about interests, asked a few questions about my interests and how long I'd be able to commit etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!