Stanford University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was asked to come in for a 30 minute in-person interview within the same week. It was a group interview with three supervisors. I was invited back for a final round interview a month later. It consisted of a short survey creation project and a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• What was a project you were particularly proud of or had obstacles that you had to overcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me more about your data analysis experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Applied through the portal and was contacted a month later via email. Talked about past experience in the lab and research interests. Was also asked some basic interview questions (e.g. future plans, why do you want to work here?).Applied through the portal and was contacted a month later. Talked about past experience in the lab and research interests. Was also asked some basic interview questions (e.g. future plans, why do you want to work here?). Got an email two weeks later that I did get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A project to work on an iphone application. Individuals could either do the project for credit or for hourly pay. I did the project for hourly pay, and I was able to have pretty flexible hours and the pay was relatively high ($40/hour).

Interview Questions

• What would be one measure to tell that this iphone app was a success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was working at the museum as a volunteer. Once I met another volunteer who used to be an empolyee of the museum. He then referred me to a staff and I got the chance to be interviewed. The interview is not difficult, just asked about my passion about art, what I am learning at Stanford, etc.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Just general questions about my interests, background in research, and general knowledge about the subject matter

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

took one month for a call back. Met individually with 3 people, about 20 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions. Asked: why I wanted job, research experience, and if an when I ever brok protocol.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed only with my professor

Negotiation

I was given a salary that I accepted

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University in June 2008.

Interview

It was a very low stress process, however this is very specific to the area of the school I work in (and those I now work under). There was pressure on their end to hire someone and the process was quick. I had a short phone interview that led to an in person interview, 1:1 with 2 separate supervisors. It was a casual discussion about abilities, interests, and needs.

Interview Questions

• No question was unexpected or difficult, all within my realm of experience and non-specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Essentially the position was offered as a non-negotiable salary due to budget constraints. I have found out that the employee I replaced was payed significantly more. I have not, and do not intend to, push on this front.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Regular HR interview with typical HR questions. Why did you choose this company? 5yr plan?

Interview Questions

• The most significant ever happened in your life at professional or personal level?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

PhD candidate. applications were submitted through online systems. wait for a couple of months until they gave an admission to the position. After a another month, the financial aid information was provided. all through emails.