Stanford University Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stanford, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in January 2010.

I interviewed only with my professor

I was given a salary that I accepted

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

I was working at the museum as a volunteer. Once I met another volunteer who used to be an empolyee of the museum. He then referred me to a staff and I got the chance to be interviewed. The interview is not difficult, just asked about my passion about art, what I am learning at Stanford, etc.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stanford University.

Just general questions about my interests, background in research, and general knowledge about the subject matter

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanford University.

took one month for a call back. Met individually with 3 people, about 20 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions. Asked: why I wanted job, research experience, and if an when I ever brok protocol.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stanford University in June 2008.

It was a very low stress process, however this is very specific to the area of the school I work in (and those I now work under). There was pressure on their end to hire someone and the process was quick. I had a short phone interview that led to an in person interview, 1:1 with 2 separate supervisors. It was a casual discussion about abilities, interests, and needs.

Interview Questions
    • No question was unexpected or difficult, all within my realm of experience and non-specific.   Answer Question
    Essentially the position was offered as a non-negotiable salary due to budget constraints. I have found out that the employee I replaced was payed significantly more. I have not, and do not intend to, push on this front.

Research Assistant Interview

Regular HR interview with typical HR questions.
    Why did you choose this company?
    5yr plan?

Interview Questions
    • The most significant ever happened in your life at professional or personal level?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

PhD candidate. applications were submitted through online systems. wait for a couple of months until they gave an admission to the position. After a another month, the financial aid information was provided. all through emails.

Research Assistant Interview

Submit application to graduate school; interview; acception; find academic advisor that can provide financial support

Research Assistant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanford University in May 2011.

Online application process; candidates ranked their top research project choices and wrote short essays about why they wanted to be a part of those projects. A few background checks on major and interest in the field. Professors then go through the applications and rank the ones they seem are most suited for the research. A computer does the final matchup that determines whether and who gets to work in which position.

Research Assistant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Stanford University in June 2010.

It was informal, meet with a few researchers, talked about interests, asked a few questions about my interests and how long I'd be able to commit etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!