Stanley Black & Decker

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 5 people. 4 of them were waste of time - seemed incompentant. The 5th person was plant manager, where the conversation was meaningful. 4-5 weeks later, with no time to plan or prepare, I was asked to meet with upper level management where an offer was made. I was expected to make decision on spot - but managed to get at least one night to respond.

Interview Question – There were no difficult nor unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate. I feel like I could have asked for more and maybe would have gotten it. Blame myself for not being more aggressive. I've learned, if there is an open position, they will fill the position.

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview Details – The interview was a standard interview process. It was basically the usual standard behavioral questions and tells me the time you do this in the past. I has a good experience until at end the process. After the 4th interviews, there was zero communication of any kind of from the hiring manager. I tried to follow up, but none of my e-mails or phones call was answer.

Now I didn't expect much, but a little bit of common courtesy would have been nice since I did go 4 round of interview. I would have been satisfy with just a generic computer generate e-mail, but I didn't even get that. Overall the whole process leave a bad taste.

Interview Question – None, all questions was very standard.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Assembler

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview Details – Staffing agency, was very easy... they check my curriculum vitae and then they hired me.

Interview Question – why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Towson, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in January 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. After a brief discussion, I was handed off to the main recruiter who works directly with SB&D. He was friendly and knowledgeable - a CPA. Apparently he is the only guy that SB&D uses for Finance recruitment. And he works with the CFO on the Finance staff development plans/reviews.

He liked me and I visited the campus for an onsite interview. Nice location but I was struck with their mission statement - "A numbers organization with values". I heard some negative comments about B&D. Specifically, that they would fur low their staff to hit a quarterly number - not good management. As a Finance professional, I value hitting your numbers but not at the expense of your staff.

Throughout the interview, I also got the sense there were other parts of their culture that did not match with me. The interviewers all mentioned a sense of competition among the staff. Competition, not excellence, this was strange. I felt SB&D pushes their staff to excel by feeding on other team member's failures.

I lost my enthusiasm for the position mid-way through the interview process, and did not continue.

Interview Question – They seem to focus on the standard behavioral questions. I.e. "Name a time when you failed and what happened..."   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy. Submitted a resume and was called by HR within a few weeks. I had a phone interview with HR and was recommended for the next level, an half-day interview session in their offices. The interviews were an 1/2 hour long with five different people, including the hiring manager, engineering and product management. The interviewers were really pleasant. As to follow-up, job was downgraded to an associate's position, then squashed- I presume. I did not receive any feedback after my interview (somewhat disappointing), nor any contact with HR with regards to the position. 6 weeks later, I received an automated email informing me the associate's position was cancelled. I never heard about the Manager's position.

Interview Question – The questions were relevant to performing the job, not so behavioral, with direct relation to my past experience and its application to the position. Only the hiring manager asked typical canned questions- Why SBD, what is the most important quality in an employee?   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview Details – Review posted jobs on .com site. HR to contact and depending on role run through several interviews.

Interview Question – Review posted jobs on .com site. HR to contact and depending on role run through several interviews.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Towson, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview Details – Interviewees will meet with several SBD employees, both managers and colleagues of the same position. The key quality of the interview is to demonstrate a match for the company ethos - jovial, positive, straight talking.

Interview Question – You will likely be asked simple technical questions (e.g. solve an equation or diagnose an issue). As an example for a mechanical engineer, "how does an easy bake oven work?" The point is to answer the question as fully as possible   View Answer

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Bethlehem, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in October 2013.

Interview Details – One interviewer, Questions are very tough. Every time I talking about my work experience She would always have following questions? Ask me why I chose my major? Define Leadership?

Advanced Sourcing Engineer Interview

Towson, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview Details – 1 HR initial interview
1 Phone interview with hiring manager
6-9 on-site interviews with cross-functional team

Interview Question – asking how you would negotiate mechanical and electrical components when you do not have any sourcing background   Answer Question

Palletizer Interview

Interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview Details – You will have to go through two interviews. The first interview is with Strataforce, Strataforce is the temp agency you have to go through now to get a job at Stanley Black and Decker. The Second Interview will be with the Hiring Manager at Stanley Black and decker. If you are hired on you will be assigned your job duties.

Interview Question – The most difficult or Unexpected question will be about how to operate a forklift.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stanley Black & Decker

Worked for Stanley Black & Decker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanley Black & Decker interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stanley Black & Decker employees and interview candidates.