Stanley Black & Decker

Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Assistant Controller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

I was introduced by a recruiter with a lot of experience with the company for this position which had been vacant for a significant period of time. I Had (what I thought was) a good discussion with the hiring manager covering business topics, current events, organizational structures and functions and the role of the A/C (with possible upward movement into the controller role). After that, I had a more casual conversation with HR, which didn't really cover much of the cultural aspects that I had intended to learn about.

After the discussion, I didn't hear anything from the company or the recruiter for some time, and when I followed up with the recruiter, I learned that the controller didn't have the same impression of the interview, and didn't consider me suitable for the role. I learned later that the controller left the company about three months later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you stick within your responsibilities   View Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

The interview was easy. They asked common HR questions.
    I was interviewed by six people, 30 min each.
    The interview process was smooth.
    They would let you know by email if you did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell me about yourself

Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Two phone Interviews, one in person, and final interview at head quarters in Baltimore. There was a presentation at the final interview on a tool (They tell you what tool it is beforehand)

No negotiation

IT Interview

A bit disorganized from the recruiting angle. The first round was a breeze as it involved phone interviews and an office interview, which the interview process was actually interactive and unique. However, my second round interview involved the recruiter waking me up from bed on a particular morning asking me to come to their office in 3 hours. The recruiters are terrible at communicating sometimes, and have a one-sided way of relating with potential candidates.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

The interview is not that difficult.The people at Stanley knows their expectation and the domains they lead. The interview is solid technical and some behavioral questions. The technical interview includes what you did in your previous job and how you can help them in improving the process.The skills in developing process documentation and training.

Interview Questions
    • There was not much unexpected questions.If you work on the domain very well,you can crack their question easy.   Answer Question
    They are open for negotiation such as vacation and pay.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Answered a posting. Got a call from internal recruiter (Neil). Phone interview which asked basic experience questions, Came in with more interview questions to a stressed out bunch of managers.. Offered job a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? How did you pushback on the job?   Answer Question

Found out how bad the place was and immediately declined. HR called and tried to explain the feelings by the employee in the company and the annual layoffs.

Global Sourcing Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in September 2014.

I applied to the position via Linkedin. The interview process was set via telephone not by email. That did not allow me to get all the contact information of the HR recruiter at Black and Decker. The interview went well, I got pretty good information on the position. No details were shared on the salary range neither on benefits. We ended the call on the agreement that the HR recruiter would pass my resume to the Hiring Manager and would advise on next steps. I never received another call. I knew that my profile was not a perfect match to the position so it was not a surprise. My take out from this process is that you should always get confirmation via email and have all the contact details from HR.

Interview Questions
    • It was a screening interview. This usually do not pose very difficult questions. They tend to evaluate your personal profile, the technical would be done by the HM.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Applied on line, got a call w/i 2 days, phone interview 2 days later, asked to come in 3 days later. Received an offer after 2 days. The process was quick. The interview was mainly tell me about your experiences. No questions of substance and seemed desperate to get anyone.

ACCEPTING THIS JOB WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY CAREER. I found out the previous person left in less than a year and many others went to other companies. The place is really dysfunctional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict? ...I found out there is lots of finger pointing and managers yelling
      Are you dedicated to work long hours? ...people work 12-14 hrs/day, typically 11 hrs at work and 1-3hrs at home.
      Can you start immediately? ...the hiring manager looked exhausted since he had multple openings

Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Really negotiate for a high salary b/c the annual raises are max 2% (avg 1%) and promotions don't seem to be based on merit.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in July 2014.

I worked with a recruiter, the process was very simple. I applied online, received a phone call the next day. I had my interview over 3 hours with 3 individual the following week. Two weeks later, I had a second quick phone interview that was all behavioral questions, they were fast firing questions. They were very open with the issues they have, they stated it is a very competitive atmosphere, and the hours could be long.

Interview Questions
    • What projects have you completed to make your job more efficient?   Answer Question
    Very simple, I was very happy with my offer.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Brought me in for a 3 panel interview, ask me superficial questions, and called me back two days later. Lots of people quit and they were desperate. I probably would have refused the offer had I known. I was doing so much work when I started until people were hired to fill all the voids.