Stantec

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.4

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stantec.

The hiring manager called me to set up and interview. I attended the interview in person, which lasted over an hour. After meeting two individuals in person I waited a week. I received an automatic email telling me I wasn't successful. In more than 10 years working in HR I haven't seen such a disrectpectful treatment of engaged candidates. You would think that when you have shaken someone's hand they would call you or send you a personal note thanking you for taking time off your job to go an interview with them. Good thing I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what would it take for my current employer to convince me to stay. I think they expect people to leverage offers.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stantec in November 2014.

I put in my resume and talked with a recruiter at our college's career fair at the end of September. I then received a call on November 3rd that they were interested in having me interview on-site. I had an individual interview with two recruiters. I didn't hear back from over a month so I sent a follow-up e-mail. This sparked a conversation that led to me getting the position the 2nd week of December.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't even any behavioral questions. It was a simple friendly dialogue going over what the company was and my background experiences. I was primarily asked if I was interested in the position and what skills I possessed. I was asked if I had experience with databases, AutoCAD and MathCAD, and, most importantly, if I would be comfortable calling vendors.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stantec.

Not sure I just called and asked about student internships and they told me to send in a resume, about a month later got an email inquiring when I could come in to talk

didn't have one

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stantec.

Long process. 6 to 7 interviews. Hiring manager does not have any clue about most of the requirements. Does not respond to follow up queries. Offer was a generous one. But later found out that they dont pay overtime.

Environmental Risk Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stantec in June 2014.

This company is very slow to make hiring decisions. After 3 months, 2 phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews (one with lunch and another over dinner), I've been told I basically have the job, but they have to get the financials arranged. It's been an odd circular loop, they tell me there have been meetings at high levels discussing the need to hire more people and yet they are hesitant to actually hire. I worry that if I get this job I will have difficultly getting the help I need because of the slow process and numerous meetings required.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stantec.

Hiring took about 3 weeks. Salary and bonus was included as verbally negotiated. Interviewers were less experienced and familiar with the position applied for so the questioning was more high level than technical

Junior Interior Designer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stantec.

Interviewing with this company was a very positive experience.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stantec.

The first interview was not like any I've had before. They didn't seem interested in asking about me or my credentials. They just told me about the job. We were interrupted many times during the interview by other employees. It lasted less than a half hour and I walked out bewildered and confused. A month later I got called for a second interview where I met with some of the architects. They were nice but were more interested in chatting than finding out about my experience. That interview was about an hour. I waited a month to hear something and finally called them to find out I wasn't chosen after they had told me I would hear back either way.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stantec in September 2013.

Be friendly, smart, and preferably from around the area. Having someone vet for you is very important around here. They were interested on my talents as much as my ability to talk easily. Position is very client driven so if you are courteous and social you'll have a good chance.

Nothing cause I had no experience or bargaining power

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stantec.

-Was not Stantec when I was hired. From the interviews I have conducted, it seems like Stantec strings potential employees along when Stantec isn't even sure if they will hire for the position.

Interview Questions
    There was none. You get what you get.