Stantec

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Interior Designer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Stantec.

Interview Details – Interviewing with this company was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Butler, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stantec.

Interview Details – The first interview was not like any I've had before. They didn't seem interested in asking about me or my credentials. They just told me about the job. We were interrupted many times during the interview by other employees. It lasted less than a half hour and I walked out bewildered and confused. A month later I got called for a second interview where I met with some of the architects. They were nice but were more interested in chatting than finding out about my experience. That interview was about an hour. I waited a month to hear something and finally called them to find out I wasn't chosen after they had told me I would hear back either way.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stantec in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position towards the beginning of August. I received a voicemail in mid-September from an HR rep asking me if I was available for a phone interview on that day and that it was the last day they were interviewing. The call came at noon and I didn't have a chance to check it till I was out of work from my current job. I called back that night and left a message anyways. The following week they returned my call and booked me for a phone interview.

Phone interview last an hour which I felt was unusually long for a phone interview. The interview went well. The questions all had to do with explaining, in detail, what some of my job responsibilities were, how fluent I was in certain computer skills and my length of experience with different processes.

At the end of the interview I was asked to come in for an in-office interview. However, I was informed that the in-office interview would last 2 hours minimum. 1 hour for the interview and 1 hour for a writing prompt. Having heard this I felt a little like I was in school. I'm usually asked to submit writing samples or given something at home. It seemed very inconvenient to have to take off so much time from my current job to complete a writing prompt. Considering my phone interview was with the person who would be my direct supervisor, I was unsure of what the 1 hour in person interview would consist of. I had a feeling that they gave the time quote since there would be a lot of waiting around at the time of interview.

The very next morning an HR rep called to cancel the interview b/c of travel issues for the hiring manager. They told me to keep the first week of October open. I did. No one responded to my check ins during the first week of the month until that Friday. Again, asking me last minute for the in-person interview. They asked if I was available Monday or Tuesday the following week, which I was not. I kindly decline the in-person interview because I already felt so jerked around that I didn't feel the company was one that I'd want to work for.

I find the hiring process was ill-planned and drawn out. This position has been online for several months, yet I was pushed into scheduling last minute interviews because of their poor planning. The HR department, based in NJ, was not professional in the least. The phones were always down and my inability to get through to a member of their team may have appeared as procrastination on my part.

If just speaking with the company about a position is this disorganized, I cannot imagine the horror that is the actual job.

Interview Question – They try to gauge your fit for the position by having you rate your fluency with a program/process. Do your research to find out what the emphasis responsibilities of the role are before you tell them your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Designer Interview

Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Stantec in September 2008.

Interview Details – Background discussion. Talked about goals and any associated duties. Good to know that there is no official supervisor who can do the job. Arbitrary reporting structure.

Interview Question – How do you Work with difficult people and last minute deadlines?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Piping Designer Interview

Piping Designer

I applied online and interviewed at Stantec.

Interview Details – Down to earth. very laid back

Junior Air Quality Scientist Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stantec in April 2013.

Interview Details – I contacted the team lead directly since I met her in a conference before.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation for my case.

Administrator Interview

Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stantec in November 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call with some general questions, such as expected salary, etc. I then had an in person interview with my potential team members (seniors). I then had a second round with some of the same and some different. They then Che caked references. All standard stuff.

Interview Question – None. They were all pretty standard. Mostly behavioural.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They increased my salary and vacation without much negotiation. It was a pleasant process.

Intermediate Process Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Stantec

Interview Details – Got the interview through an employee connection. The interview lasted about 45 mins long, and was mostly based on behavioural questions and a couple of technical questions.

Interview Question – Who would you show our clients that we are professional   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stantec in October 2012.

Interview Details – Not a great experience being interviewed by this company. I applied and was contacted weeks later. They did the usual phone screen, then an in-person interview then a third interview with the department. They were confused about which position I had applied for, were late for the first interview and offered no apologies, then I heard nothing for a month despite saying they wanted to fill the position asap. When they finally decided to contact me, presumably to make an offer, I had already decided I wasn't interested. They seemed disorganized and obviously don't know how to keep potential candidates warm while they sort themselves out. Doesn't make a good first impression when you treat people that way.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stantec.

Interview Details – Initial call to me to set up appointment for office interview. Sent an e-mail confirming these details. 3 weeks later was called for 2nd interview and got an offer the next week.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stantec

Worked for Stantec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stantec interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stantec employees and interview candidates.