Stantec Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

Very relaxed interview and friendly. I was initially very nervous but with it I relaxed and it didn't really feel like an interview anymore. I don't think they were looking for a person who was superb at one thing--I think for them the type of person was more important, such as having a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous internship and how do you like it?   Answer Question

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stantec (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

the interview was very brief: I was asked what i know about the company, and then was explained what the interview was for. the interviewers kept telling me how many minutes I had to explain what i did, or if i had questions to ask.. most of the interview was actually spent telling me what the candidate would have done if hired. it was kind of weird, because really not a lot of questions were asked about my skills, and performances...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Stantec in March 2015.

Interview

Had a 30 Minute interview. It was a general discussion of my resume and all the projects I have currently worked on. The role concentrated on Autocad and Revit Skills. The position was due to be filled only if they had a customer contract which was stalled due to funding issues. So the HR would call back for another interview when they get the contract.

Interview Questions

• How Would you rate your Autocad and Revit Skills. Substantiate your claim with a project or situation   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stantec (Endicott, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met them at a university job fair and made a good impression. I got an interview, but wasn't selected the first time. I reapplied the next year and was accepted. Very informal interview, conducted by two mechanical engineers. I had already been interviewed once before, and they knew I was a good fit, so it was more of a discussion of the job, it's responsibilities, etc. Than a discussion about my qualifications. Mostly I think that the interview was designed to gauge how well my personality would fit into the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with Revit or AutoCAD?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Stantec?   1 Answer

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stantec (Toms River, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very informal process first submitted a CV. A recruiter contacted me and scheduled am appointment. During the process a typical laid back interview. Reviewed the CV, projects, qualifications and other basic personally evaluations. Again a very laid back atmosphere but not technical at all. No job description was actually given nor duties were Disclosed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to Stantec?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stantec (Rochelle Park, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and casual. I interviewed with a representative on campus prior to getting a second round interview at their office location. I was in the office for a little over an hour and met with three of the project managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

The hiring manager called me to set up and interview. I attended the interview in person, which lasted over an hour. After meeting two individuals in person I waited a week. I received an automatic email telling me I wasn't successful. In more than 10 years working in HR I haven't seen such a disrectpectful treatment of engaged candidates. You would think that when you have shaken someone's hand they would call you or send you a personal note thanking you for taking time off your job to go an interview with them. Good thing I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what would it take for my current employer to convince me to stay. I think they expect people to leverage offers.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stantec in November 2014.

Interview

I put in my resume and talked with a recruiter at our college's career fair at the end of September. I then received a call on November 3rd that they were interested in having me interview on-site. I had an individual interview with two recruiters. I didn't hear back from over a month so I sent a follow-up e-mail. This sparked a conversation that led to me getting the position the 2nd week of December.

Interview Questions

• There weren't even any behavioral questions. It was a simple friendly dialogue going over what the company was and my background experiences. I was primarily asked if I was interested in the position and what skills I possessed. I was asked if I had experience with databases, AutoCAD and MathCAD, and, most importantly, if I would be comfortable calling vendors.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

Not sure I just called and asked about student internships and they told me to send in a resume, about a month later got an email inquiring when I could come in to talk

Negotiation

didn't have one

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

Long process. 6 to 7 interviews. Hiring manager does not have any clue about most of the requirements. Does not respond to follow up queries. Offer was a generous one. But later found out that they dont pay overtime.