Stanton Optical

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.2

Optometric Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stanton Optical.

I met the general manager who asked if I would be able to handle juggling phone calls, checking insurances, pre-testing patients, and directing patients to the appropriate areas. I was hired the same day. The interview was more of a very informal conversation, about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were literally no unexpected/difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I was offered a dollar more than what I reported as my current pay.

Store Manager (Initially) Later Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Stanton Optical in March 2014.

I had one of their recruiters call me after he found my resume posted on Monster. He claimed to be "very impressed" and that I was a great candidate for a store manager position. I called him back after listening to his voicemail, only to find out the company was attempting a bait and switch. Halfway through the call I was told that it was actually a managerial training position. I completed that step of the interview and went on to the second phase which was an in person interview with the local store manager. She informed me that all she had available was a part time sales position (she also said the recruiter had said that was what I had applied for).

I was polite and professional during that interview but by that point had already decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask me any questions directly. They went over my résumé with me than discussed their sales process/steps (all of which seemed highly unethical)   Answer Question

Between the bait and switch on the job title/position and the fact that their sales process seemed either highly unethical (if not actually false advertising) it did not strike me as a company that would be desirable to work for.

SEO Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stanton Optical in January 2013.

The HR department at Stanton Optical headquarters found me through my LinkedIn profile. They emailed to ask about setting up an interview. I called the HR Marketing Assistant who set up an interview at their Palm Springs headquarters.

Interview went well, they said they would forward my information to the founder of the company. Received an email from HR department asking if I could come in for a second interview, this time to meet with company founder Daniel Stanton.

Dan viewed my profile on LinkedIn and decided to make a job offer. I didn't have to come in for a second interview.HR department contacted via phone with job offer, I asked for email confirmation. They sent official job offer letter through email.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions as relates to the job. SEO Copywriter - what is my experience.   View Answer
    They made a fantastic offer. Great salary, benefits package after 90 days and potential for monthly bonuses if I meet certain criteria.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stanton Optical in October 2011.

I dropped off a resume, and was told they weren't hiring at the time - but I felt as though I got lucky and received a call back three weeks later! I had an interview with the store manager, and she said that I was her favourite candidate by far. She said that she wanted to hire me on the spot, but I had to have a phone interview with the district manager. I went home and a day later, the district manager called me. The interview went well, and he said I would start Monday!

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions that were asked were very standard interview questions. "What are your strengths?, What are your weaknesses? How do you work in a team setting?" Things of that nature.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was started out at $9/hour plus commission.