Staples

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed at Staples in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by DM. Offer was made, Training at another store. Training was adequate. Initial experience was good.

Interview Question – What was your greatest challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Look at the recent history. Assistant managers no longer exist at Staples except at a few stores. They are all expendable

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – My initial interview was a phone interview with who I assume was a recruiter. She gave me basic information about the job and pay and asked basic information such as experience and pay requirements. Then I was scheduled a sit down interview with a District Manager, she told me more about the position and asked me questions about previous positions.

Interview Question – I was asked about ways I increased productivity or goal achievements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Assistant Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Staples in January 2010.

Interview Details – NA

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees and interview candidates.