Staples Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Aptitude Test/Survey
    Call
    Face to Face interview in Sandy Springs, GA - immediately could tell the interviewer was a "real character" so I did not pursued employment with the company any further.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was really strange. He asked for me to ask him questions I had then wrote all of them down and then answered all of them in at once. By far the worst interview I have had because the guy was extremely rude.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples.

I knew a district manager with the company and I had worked with his brother at another retailer. I expressed an interest in working with staples and was flexible with locations. I submitted a resume and an application on line for an open store. I had a phone interview after I had a face to face with the district manager. after the phone interview I had a interview with the regional vice president and regional human resources rep. I received a verbal offer within a few days and a written offer with in ten.

Interview Questions
    • all questions revolved around normal retail environment questions and customer/associate situations.   Answer Question
    when salary was discussed they made an offer and I countered, they accepted my counter

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

I could tell from the email that the recruiter was going to be tough. She asked me very specific questions that would only be applicable to someone who has been in sales for many years, even though Staples doesn't hide the fact that it hires many college graduates for this position. She barely asked me about my background, but when she did, she pretty much made it seem as if my work wasn't relevant. To be clear, I have been in sales and in the field for about three years.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when the people you were working difficult people who made it hard to complete a sale? Describe a complex sale that required you to remember a lot of information.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Did initial phone interview, hr professional very rude. They really needed mgmt. so they lied to get me thru the door. Literally will sell you sky, you could say anything and get the job, but truly the only way you will come up is if you are a white male.

Want to pay the bare minimum, won't budge even if you are worth it.

Human Resources Assistant/Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

I started out as a temp from a staffing agency. I worked at Staples for 10 months as a temp before being hired permanently. The delay in hiring was due to budget constraints at the time. I was interviewed by the Human Resources Manager, my skills were evaluated, I was given a personality assessment and a background check. I was hired permanently once the background check information was received.

Interview Questions
    No, I was not able to negotiate due to the budget constraints.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

You will be contacted by the recruiting team for an interview, then an interview with the DM, then an interview with the RVP(she's really the only one who has any common sense) then HR will call u with an offer and truly u can negotiate about 1500 more than they offer. That's it.

Interview Questions
    • Why Staples? What makes you a leader? What is the toughest decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question
    It was ridiculous. I have several years GM exp. and they said the max out for LCOM is 55,000 because of the budgeted payroll. They promised a larger store and here we are 4 years later at the same store.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples in December 2011.

Phone interview with one of the recruiters. The recruiter was timely in calling, was very professional, and I felt comfortable with the process.

The recruiter was following a standard script. I was asked to review my resume/work history. Why I left my last employer, how many locations I covered, volume, etc.

I was ask what one thing I'm I most proud of in my retail career.

I was told what locations were open and where I what position I might be consider for. I was ask to go online and fill out the management application. Once that was completed, I was sent a really quick assessment to complete.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing I am most proud of in my retail career?   View Answer

Easy Tech Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples in December 2011.

Spoke at length with General Manager, then spoke with District manager the next day. They asked the typical questions such as: describe a time when things didn't go the way you hoped; describe an event in your experience that you are proud of; what is your attitude towards working with people of diverse backgrounds; how have you worked to grow your employees, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working with customers and employees of diverse cultural backgrounds?   Answer Question

Salary offered was way too low for what I needed

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in November 2011.

Was contacted by HR from the store to gage interest in the job and to set up a first interview, first interview was administered a week later where work experience was discussed, a second interview was set up between the Easy Tech manager as well as the Store Manager where basic tech questions were asked, was then told to wait for further review and was told of the job offer if I passed the background check, about 10 days later I was called in for training.

Interview Questions
    Always stress experience in the field of tech

Warehouse Associate/Stocking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in June 2011.

Initially, I applied online which consisted of very lengthy behavioral assessments...which took 2 days to complete. 3 days after online application was submitted a recruiter phoned me for a 20 minute phone interview. Surprisingly,the interview was quite detailed for a distribution job. Recruiter invited me out to facility for an in-person interview for the following week. Upon arrival, a skill assessment called (The Hay Test)was proctored to measure one's ability to correctly identify SKU codes accurately. For instance, 706 __607 insert check mark if these numbers are the same...if not leave blank. The assessment is timed for 4 minutes and the minimum number which is needed for scoring is 104. So this assessment measures aptitude for dexterity, accuracy and efficiency. Since i passed the Hay assessment the second segment consisted of an interview with 2 individuals.

Now this is where I have a problem......didnt know which position I was being interviewed for until the second segment. Disappointingly, they built this position to be very mundane and easy. Humph....this position consisted of very heavy lifting...heavy lifting.

There was no room for negotiation.