Staples B2B Outside Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2015

Outside B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a 4-step interview process. The first step was a phone interview, then an in-person interview followed by a ride-along and then a final interview with a slide show presentation. The first step was with the head of the regional HR department. The second step was an in-person interview with the local sales manager. The third step was a ride-along with a salesman, this included two client meetings. The final step was a powerpoint presentation for the sales manager and his regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work for Staples?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

B2B Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Monrovia, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 2 days later from a person who sounded like an "irish woman stuck in a Mumbai brothel". I called her back and responded to the email request for an interview. I heard nothing after 2 days, so I called again finally reaching the in house recruiter. A time was set for a lengthy phone interview, and then after passing that had an in person interview with a manager who would be mine if I was accepted. After having a nice interviewing experience with that manager, I went on to speak with a different manager in the La Mirada facility. WOW! What a difference: she was late to the interview (20 minutes with no apology), already had an agenda from the get-go about busting my chops, spent WAY TO MUCH TIME on her own self-flattery (I wanted to ask, "so when are you going to become head of Staples Inc?"), never asked ONE question about me or my background, only asked questions like, "so what do you know about the job? anything else? anything else?...so what do you know about Staples? anything else? anything else?...so what do you know about the industry? anything else? anything else?", and lastly spent all of 14 minutes interviewing me! Within 30 minutes of the completion of that last interview, I received an email from Staples saying, "thanks, but no thanks."

Interview Questions

• so what do you know about the job? anything else? anything else?...so what do you know about Staples? anything else? anything else?...so what do you know about the industry? anything else? anything else?   Answer Question