Staples B2B Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone, moved on to a 1 on 1 interview and after that I did a ride along. Position was filled before I moved on to final step.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

interview was not hard very standard questions, you will also have a ride along with a b2b in your area, and you will have to put on a presentation of why they should hire you

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Process is sort of long, but great practice. Gave plenty of time to continue to learn about the company. The recruiter was very understanding and thorough with her questions. Was told I would hear within 3 days, and I heard the next day.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather work in an environment where competition is encouraged or work on your own?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in January 2015.

Interview

4-5 phone interviews. The managers were all very friendly. Asked great questions. Nothing to hard. Just really want to see what your personality and work ethic is like. They have a great company culture and look to hire/promote from within. It looks great on your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Lombard, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Waste of time. First spoke with a talent acquisition specialist for a phone screening to see if my experience and resume align with the job posting. After that conversation, a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for a couple days later. After speaking with the area hiring manager for a half hour, she invited me to an in person interview a couple days later.
    In person interview went very well, and it seemed like everything was going great. I was asked to do a ride along with a current rep. This ride along was about 30 minutes away from me, and I was to spend a couple hours seeing what a consultant does. The entire day from leaving my house to coming back took about 4 hours.
    I was engaged, asked questions, and mingled well with the consultant. He mentioned he would give a positive review and recommendation to the hiring manager, and I would hear from her shortly.

4 days later, and not hearing back from them, I'm seeing a couple reviews posted on here about b2b consultant reps getting offers. I'm wondering if it's for the same location and if they were just wasting my time.

Sure enough, this morning I get a generic e-mail from the original talent acquisition rep stating a cop out excuse of my qualifications not aligning with the role. So this couldn't have been established in the initial 30 minute phone screen? It required 2 more interviews, and a 4 hour ride along to use that excuse?

Very unprofessional. Good thing I have interviews lined up for better companies. Run Run Run, don't waste your time.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Went through Nelson recruiting, had 2 great interviews, however this was not the type of product I wish to sell. They offer great compensation and benefits package. $50k base plus uncapped commissions

Interview Questions

• It was actually very easy, no difficult questions, all the usual such as what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Not the type of product I want to sell.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

My first interview was face to face with the hiring manager. I also was interviewed the hiring manager's boss and also a successful current rep. The second and final interview was a powerpoint presentation of why staples is a great fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I could tell from the email that the recruiter was going to be tough. She asked me very specific questions that would only be applicable to someone who has been in sales for many years, even though Staples doesn't hide the fact that it hires many college graduates for this position. She barely asked me about my background, but when she did, she pretty much made it seem as if my work wasn't relevant. To be clear, I have been in sales and in the field for about three years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when the people you were working difficult people who made it hard to complete a sale? Describe a complex sale that required you to remember a lot of information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

phone interview - second - in person interview - 3rd phone - call day trial - ride along on some appointments - in person interview.... on and on and on a total of 11 interviews in person or over the phone.

Interview Questions

• i dont think you will be able to handle this position, i really dont think its for you; maybe you could explain to me why you think you could do it.   1 Answer

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in November 2013.

Interview

phone interview, interview with ASM, job shadow, interview with panel or other B2Bs. Its a long process but i understand why as it is not built for everyone. They want to make sure you have what it takes and they give you a real preview of job.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to go through several interviews and challenged on why you are it   Answer Question

Negotiation