Staples B2B Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Staples in November 2013.

phone interview, interview with ASM, job shadow, interview with panel or other B2Bs. Its a long process but i understand why as it is not built for everyone. They want to make sure you have what it takes and they give you a real preview of job.

Interview Questions
  • be prepared to go through several interviews and challenged on why you are it   Answer Question
good

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Staples in February 2014.

Went through Nelson recruiting, had 2 great interviews, however this was not the type of product I wish to sell. They offer great compensation and benefits package. $50k base plus uncapped commissions

Interview Questions
    • It was actually very easy, no difficult questions, all the usual such as what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Not the type of product I want to sell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

I could tell from the email that the recruiter was going to be tough. She asked me very specific questions that would only be applicable to someone who has been in sales for many years, even though Staples doesn't hide the fact that it hires many college graduates for this position. She barely asked me about my background, but when she did, she pretty much made it seem as if my work wasn't relevant. To be clear, I have been in sales and in the field for about three years.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when the people you were working difficult people who made it hard to complete a sale? Describe a complex sale that required you to remember a lot of information.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples.

My first interview was face to face with the hiring manager. I also was interviewed the hiring manager's boss and also a successful current rep. The second and final interview was a powerpoint presentation of why staples is a great fit for me.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

One phone interview with recruiter, then a 1:1 with the district manager. Once you pass these two rounds you will have a 1:1 with the regional+district manager, then a ride along with a current rep. I was offered the position 1 hour after the ride along was completed. Overall, very quick and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple "tell me about a time when..." type questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Staples in July 2009.

first interview was phone an HR telephone screening. This is to see if the salary is in range and you have the right qualifications

second, was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Professional, yet nice interview. This is to see if you have what it takes.

A ride-along with a B2B is set up for you to go out and get a feel for what the job entails.

Third, was an interview with the hiring manager and the regional manager. They asked harder questions and I presented a Power Point about the company and how I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Power Point presentation was the most intimidating but went very well.   Answer Question
    no negotiations. I tried and they would not budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Staples in June 2012.

interviewers are friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!