Staples

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on career website, a few days later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview and was then asked to come in person to apply for the job. I was interviewed by two employees, one at a time and then together. They told me that the atmosphere at Staples is cutthroat and very demanding..

Interview Question – How would you respond to negativity in the office?
What are your strengths & weaknesses?
How would you handle people not getting you the resources/information you need to do your job?
Why are you interested in working at Staples?
Why did you apply for the Product Specialist position?
  Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst II Interview

Senior Financial Analyst II
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Took 3 weeks.
HR phone round - formailty

In-person rounds with 2 Sr. Manager, and 2 Directors

Mostly behavioral, and some typical finance questions thrown in.

My Advice: Exemplify your work and if they like your earlier work, that shall prove you can add value immediately and they would like you more

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.

Some behavioral questions were tricky, since one director played a rapid-fire question round. Asked almost 25 different questions in 40 mins.

Looking back at your career, what is the one thing you most regret.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Confidential

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Lawrence, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in September 2010.

Interview Details – Felt the interview process to be rushed and I felt unimportant to the interviewer.I was asked to come in at 10:30am to talk about a logistics manager position , I arrived at 10am and the interviewer did not see me until 11:15.. By 11:30 I was told that he had to leave to pick up his daughter from daycare. I was unemployed at the time and was really needing a job. I was offered the job two days later and I lasted for 3 months before I decided enough was enough... The unorganization and lack of morale really hurt my experiernce there

Interview Question – None... The interviewer was reading off a template... ( i assume it came from the H.R team)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations...I asked for a specific dollar amount and was given what I asked for. However to find out that this company only pays thier employees on a monthly basis really changed the way I had to live.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and received an email a little less than a week later requesting a phone screen. It was relatively quick, they mostly asked about my background, if I was willing to relocate, and what interested me about the position.

The following week I received another email inviting me to a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. This interviewed lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked similar questions about my background, time management skills and my ability to multitask.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They mainly asked about your background.   Answer Question

Knowledge Manager Interview

Knowledge Manager
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – After I sent in my resume, I was contacted for a telephone interview. The interviewer provided an overview of the positioning of the job opening within the IT department and some details about the job. I was amazed that the process did not include in-person interviewing.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long... the company moves slow filling positions.

Interview Question – noting too bad. general conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short, and simple.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I had 2 initial interviews and then 4 onsite interviews before getting an offer from the company. The process was really quick and the HR person was good at coordinating the process right from the first mail. I had an initial phone screening interview with HR which involved discussing my background qualifications and my future interests in the role that I had applied for. After that the second call was from the hiring manager which involved more questions regarding my particular projects and what would I like to do more specifically. In this the hiring manager also explained in detail the various projects and positions they have and what I might be interested in working from them. After this I had an onsite call that involved 4 rounds. The first round was a technical one with a panel of interviewers asking me all sorts of technical questions related to my project work and my courses in university. Second round was a more specific one with a manager directly asking questions about my previous experiences that related to the position in his team,.They had multiple positions and thus he gave me an idea about all of them in detail. Next round was with senior architect in the team which involved discussing my project dynamics and my soft skills gathered in various projects before. This one was more to see the "fit for the team" qualities in the candidate like asking behavioural questions and trying to find how comfortable am I in a team or while interacting with other teams and in difficult situations and all type of situations. Final round was with the hiring manager again to clarify any doubts I had through out the interview or about the position or any other HR related doubts that I had. I was conveyed the result within 3-4 days and further procedure started to get me on board.

Interview Question – All the questions were really good and trying to understand my background and how can I fit into their team requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a pretty decent package for the location and the position. I would just want to mention that relocation should be a bit more for the students who move in for the first time.

Senior Financial Analyst II Interview

Senior Financial Analyst II
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process took over a month from the date of online submission of the application. Then about three weeks to hear the decision of the hiring manager that BTW did not do other than talk about him self during the personal interview. What a self center person (only 4 months working at Staples came form WB mason). The other Three people (with more than 10 years at Staples) were outstanding professionals interested on knowing your back ground and trying to figure it out if you are a good fit. All questions were behavioral.

Since they took a month to reject the application, I unfortunately turned down other opportunities waiting for the "big job" at this company.

Interview Question – All behavioral. The hiring manager wanted me to tell him how would I forecast Staples revenue. There was a chuck board on his office. I wish I had gotten up and write something on the chuck board.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through university career website, and was e-mailed by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and consisted of standard behavioral and scenario questions. They tell you a little bit about the program, but can't tell you day to day specifics because you're speaking to a recruiter and don't know the ins and outs of the program.

Interview Question – None were that hard   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Allston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – The interview process for me was very simple and casual. I was asked what I was looking for and my background experience, and my availability. If you have a good personality, that's really all you need to sink an entry level position with the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself with the company in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told me I'd get starting pay of so-and-so based on my experience and started me off as part-time. One month later I was taken to the side and offered Full-Time because of my progress.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!