Staples Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Probably the worst interviewing experience in the IT industry. It took over 3 months of setting up interviews with different teams and individuals, on the phone and in person. The internal recruiter is nice however the requirements and needs for the position were not articulated and coordinated internally and with the recruiter. Majority of executives were late or cancelled at the last minute showing complete disrespect for the candidate and candidate's time. Those were very hard to reschedule. One of the executives who participated in the interview told that he is not sure why this interview even takes place. It was hard to keep interest in the role knowing it would have such challenges from the get go. I know Staples is considered a company with good culture but it would not be obvious to the person based on the interviewing experience within IT department.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of questions were asked about previous experience and skill set need to fulfil the role.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

WORST PROCESS ever, their inside recruiter do not know how to schedule. no one seems to be on the same page and extremely disorganized, i declined after going back and forth for a week because if the company is like that i 10% am glad i do not work there

Senior Analyst, Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in November 2014.

I had two in-person interviews - I felt the first was very welcoming and I learned a lot about the work environment and the general duties and expectations of the position. Although I was no longer being considered for the original position, I was invited back for a second interview to see if there was a contract role I could potentially fill. I arrived on-time and the interviewer was 15 minutes late and apparently didn't realize that I needed to be escorted to his office. The interviewer had an meeting scheduled soon after I reached their office, so we chatted for a few minutes about some of the work the data science team was working on recently and then worked through a problem on a whiteboard. Afterwards, with no time left to discuss my potential role I was told to email the interviewer to schedule a return to meet some of the rest of the team. Needless to say, my email was never returned.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview process was attempting to convince them that I found the work that they were doing interesting since my background is not in business.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

First phone interview with HR, second with hiring manager. Hired after the second interview. Both were fit interviews, first one was more general and second was specific to the position.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated on time -- I wanted to keep as much time as possible to explore other options.

Senior Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Took 3 weeks.
    HR phone round - formailty

In-person rounds with 2 Sr. Manager, and 2 Directors

Mostly behavioral, and some typical finance questions thrown in.

My Advice: Exemplify your work and if they like your earlier work, that shall prove you can add value immediately and they would like you more

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult.

Some behavioral questions were tricky, since one director played a rapid-fire question round. Asked almost 25 different questions in 40 mins.

Looking back at your career, what is the one thing you most regret.

Answer Question

Confidential

Global Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples in July 2014.

I was contacted via for a phone screening earlier in the summer by a corporate recruiter. After exchanging a few emails, we scheduled a phone interview. First of all, the recruiter called me on my cell phone after I had specifically asked her to call me on my landline, which I knew would not run the risk of dropping the call or getting bad service. Naturally, she calls me on my cell. After a few minutes, she tells me that she's having trouble hearing me and asks if she can call me on a different number, and says she never got my email about my landline. Nevertheless, I apologized and agreed. After the interview picks up again, she was extremely rude and dismissive of every answer I gave. On multiple occasions, she even attempted to cut me off in the middle of an answer. The questions were easy and pretty basic, as long as you do research on Staples, read over the job description, and show enthusiasm for joining their team. Very disappointing. I consider myself great with phone interviews, but never talked to anyone so unpleasant. This is your JOB! At least show some enthusiasm towards meeting a potential candidate. Didn't hear back until over a month later, telling me that they had gone with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • None. Brush up on the industry standard phone interview questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

I applied for the position online and received an email a little less than a week later requesting a phone screen. It was relatively quick, they mostly asked about my background, if I was willing to relocate, and what interested me about the position.

The following week I received another email inviting me to a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. This interviewed lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked similar questions about my background, time management skills and my ability to multitask.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They mainly asked about your background.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in June 2014.

I applied for this position and was contacted by recruitor. We set up a phone interview and talked about my background. After phone interview i was brought in for panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest obstacle and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • What do you use in your current position that you would be able to apply to this position   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Staples in May 2014.

Phone Interview with Recruiter and then In Person interview with Hiring Manager. The in person interview focused around the summer internship and if it was something that interested me. Other questions in the interview were primarily behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, behavioral questions regarding past experiences and current experiences at college.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

I had 2 initial interviews and then 4 onsite interviews before getting an offer from the company. The process was really quick and the HR person was good at coordinating the process right from the first mail. I had an initial phone screening interview with HR which involved discussing my background qualifications and my future interests in the role that I had applied for. After that the second call was from the hiring manager which involved more questions regarding my particular projects and what would I like to do more specifically. In this the hiring manager also explained in detail the various projects and positions they have and what I might be interested in working from them. After this I had an onsite call that involved 4 rounds. The first round was a technical one with a panel of interviewers asking me all sorts of technical questions related to my project work and my courses in university. Second round was a more specific one with a manager directly asking questions about my previous experiences that related to the position in his team,.They had multiple positions and thus he gave me an idea about all of them in detail. Next round was with senior architect in the team which involved discussing my project dynamics and my soft skills gathered in various projects before. This one was more to see the "fit for the team" qualities in the candidate like asking behavioural questions and trying to find how comfortable am I in a team or while interacting with other teams and in difficult situations and all type of situations. Final round was with the hiring manager again to clarify any doubts I had through out the interview or about the position or any other HR related doubts that I had. I was conveyed the result within 3-4 days and further procedure started to get me on board.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were really good and trying to understand my background and how can I fit into their team requirements.   Answer Question
    They offered a pretty decent package for the location and the position. I would just want to mention that relocation should be a bit more for the students who move in for the first time.