Staples

2.6

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in March 2014.

The process took over a month from the date of online submission of the application. Then about three weeks to hear the decision of the hiring manager that BTW did not do other than talk about him self during the personal interview. What a self center person (only 4 months working at Staples came form WB mason). The other Three people (with more than 10 years at Staples) were outstanding professionals interested on knowing your back ground and trying to figure it out if you are a good fit. All questions were behavioral.

Since they took a month to reject the application, I unfortunately turned down other opportunities waiting for the "big job" at this company.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral. The hiring manager wanted me to tell him how would I forecast Staples revenue. There was a chuck board on his office. I wish I had gotten up and write something on the chuck board.   Answer Question

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples in March 2014.

After I sent in my resume, I was contacted for a telephone interview. The interviewer provided an overview of the positioning of the job opening within the IT department and some details about the job. I was amazed that the process did not include in-person interviewing.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Submitted my resume through university career website, and was e-mailed by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and consisted of standard behavioral and scenario questions. They tell you a little bit about the program, but can't tell you day to day specifics because you're speaking to a recruiter and don't know the ins and outs of the program.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2013.

Probably the most frustrating interview process I've ever experienced. my original 3 hr interview was shorten to an 1.5 (for four people). personally, thought it went well - unfortunately, never heard anything, either way, after 3 weeks. (left messages with recruiter and hiring manager). Extremely unprofessional to leave a person hanging.

Interview Questions
    • What was difficult was trying to answer as many questions possible for 3 people in 50 minutes. Felt rushed and it was frustrating (on both ends) since there wasn't enough time to thoroughly understand my background or theirs.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Applied online on career website, a few days later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview and was then asked to come in person to apply for the job. I was interviewed by two employees, one at a time and then together. They told me that the atmosphere at Staples is cutthroat and very demanding..

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to negativity in the office?
      What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      How would you handle people not getting you the resources/information you need to do your job?
      Why are you interested in working at Staples?
      Why did you apply for the Product Specialist position?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Staples in April 2013.

Applied in Feberuary. Didn't hear back until mid-April. However process after that was fast. Got an email and a phone interview the next day. Another phone call after that and an on site interview the same Friday. Got a phone call about offer the next Monday. Things got done in a month.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Very big on analytical ability to fit in culturally.

Interview Questions
    • If from a school out of area, be convincing that you really want to move to New England. Expect them to evaluate you on whether or not they would trust sending you alone to meet 1x1 with a senior leader and be able to hold your own.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Disjointed, long interview process.

I had one-on-one interviews with several interviewers, however, each interviewer seemed to have a very different impression of the role I was interviewing for, making everything extremely confusing because I received conflicting descriptions of the position and wasn't sure how to emphasize my skills/experience given that the job description kept changing throughout the day. My interviewers also gave some basic case questions, but the scenarios weren't clear, ie, the interviewers kept correcting themselves as though they couldn't remember the case entirely or gave very vague case questions.

Additionally, I spent the day interviewing on-site and was never offered water or a bathroom break. The offices were pretty dark and consisted of rows and rows of gray cubicles.... very little decorations or personal touches, i.e. plants, etc. The whole place seemed a bit depressing.

Interview Questions
    • Why Retail? Why Staples? What are Staples' core business units and strategies?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Applied through company's career website, was later contact by phone from a recruiter. Went through a short 10-minute generic interview on the phone with the recruiter. Was called again and asked to come to the HQ for a series of interviews. Individually interviewed with person currently in the role, a merchant in the department, the director of the department, and with the SVP of the division. Each interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about how I thought my previous work experiences would apply to the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question
    They were firm on the salary but was able to negotiate for a slightly higher starting salary.

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Contacted by recruiter to schedule phone interview which was scheduled a few days later. Recruiter asked basic questions regarding background and skill set but didn't have much information regarding job. Said she would get back with next steps. Several weeks went by, then recruiter called to set up phone interview with hiring manager for three weeks out. Phone interview with hiring manager was uncomfortable as I wasn't asked questions related to my background, which I thought was odd. Mostly relationship type questions, not skill set. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Hiring manager said they would have the final 2 candidates meet with the HR team, then bring the finalist back to meet with business leaders. Had zero chemistry with the hiring manager so I did not expect to be brought in as a finalist but did expect to be notified, which didn't happen.