Staples Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to schedule a call after applying online. My call lasted about an hour and the recruiter passed my information along to the Area Manager. I was contacted that same day to schedule a face to face interview the following week. My face to face interview went great and I was offered a position as a B2B Sales Specialist that same day. Everything happened very quickly, but the company knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you didn't close a sale and what did you learn from that.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate and they increased the initial offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Had a phone interview for about 20 Minutes. The woman interviewing me asked questions about previous sale jobs I had. Just be prepared to give specific examples. The person interviewing me said I would be great, and I should be hearing from the manager at the specific location I applied to by the end of the week and I never did. Really unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview started with a phone interview, from there there was an in person interview, a second in person interview, a ride along with some one in the position and then finally a presentation for the regional manager of a powerpoint presentation followed by an interview.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Staples.

they found me on the website and set up a phone interview for the first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter working for Staples. She was very communicative and kept me informed through every step. I went on a total of 4 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was to explain a situation in which I had to work with someone who did not care for me in a professional capacity   Answer Question
    They were very fair and compensated me based on my previous role.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in December 2013.

I was emailed to set up a phone interview about a week or two after I filled out the job application. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was one of the more uncomfortable phone interviews I have actually gone through. The person interviewing was monotone, didn't even seem interested talking to me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you found it difficult to close a sales call?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples in October 2013.

First interview was with the area sales manager who is fantastic, really laid back and you immediately get the feeling that you want to work for this guy. Interview took about 30 or so minutes, basic questions. Second interview was with the regional manager over Skype. Same basic questions, he likes to flip the conversation to see how you would interview him

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Why do you want to work for Staples? What do you know about us?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations on salary

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in July 2013.

After an initial phone interview with recruiter, I was told several days later I didn't meet their qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions about my recent employment history   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

I saw an opening for a position, and sent my resume through Monster.com. I was contacted via phone by a recruiter. After a brief discussion, she contacted my would-be manager, who reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. After that interview, I had another phone interview with my would-be manager's manager. We then set up a face-to-face interview, where I was to create a 10-minute presentation on Staples Advantage, and why I would be a good fit. Then, I met members of the team in a conference-room setting, and we scheduled a ride-along so I had a better understanding of a typical day. After the ride-along, I met with the manager, and after a brief discussion, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very personality & behavior-based, and are mostly "Tell me about a time..." "How have you handled..."   View Answer

Business-to-Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2012.

2 interview process. 1st with Area Sales Manager, then with RSD. Sometimes they have you do a field ride and presentation to the team. Pretty friendly environment. Helps to bring a 90 day business plan. Make sure to 'establish next steps' and ask for the sale.'

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money in person, then for more money in writing. They did not offer more. I would recommend asking for an increase a 3rd time. Ask them to go to the RVP for approval. If you can't get it that way, then respectfully accept or decline. But, make sure to go that extra step.