Staples

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter working for Staples. She was very communicative and kept me informed through every step. I went on a total of 4 interviews

Interview Question – Most difficult question was to explain a situation in which I had to work with someone who did not care for me in a professional capacity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very fair and compensated me based on my previous role.

Business to Business Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Interview started with a phone interview, from there there was an in person interview, a second in person interview, a ride along with some one in the position and then finally a presentation for the regional manager of a powerpoint presentation followed by an interview.

Interview Question – Would you rather go to the party or host the party?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – they found me on the website and set up a phone interview for the first.

Interview Question – -N/A-   View Answer

Business to Business Sales Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Staples in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed to set up a phone interview about a week or two after I filled out the job application. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was one of the more uncomfortable phone interviews I have actually gone through. The person interviewing was monotone, didn't even seem interested talking to me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you found it difficult to close a sales call?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Interview Details – After an initial phone interview with recruiter, I was told several days later I didn't meet their qualifications.

Interview Question – Very basic questions about my recent employment history   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I saw an opening for a position, and sent my resume through Monster.com. I was contacted via phone by a recruiter. After a brief discussion, she contacted my would-be manager, who reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. After that interview, I had another phone interview with my would-be manager's manager. We then set up a face-to-face interview, where I was to create a 10-minute presentation on Staples Advantage, and why I would be a good fit. Then, I met members of the team in a conference-room setting, and we scheduled a ride-along so I had a better understanding of a typical day. After the ride-along, I met with the manager, and after a brief discussion, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Questions are very personality & behavior-based, and are mostly "Tell me about a time..." "How have you handled..."   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. About a week later, an HR representative got in touch via email to set up a phone interview. Both parties agree on specific day and time. The phone interview last about 30 minutes. She lets you know that after reviewing your file, an email will be sent to you notifying how it went.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples in January 2012.

Interview Details – Please be prepared to go through the stages of this interview. It starts with a 1:1 with the direct manager, than moves to an interview with direct+regional manager. If you make it that far your doing good because then they'll ask you to go on a ride along with one of the current team members. Don't worry your about half-way through. After the ride along you have to present a to both managers why you think you'd be a good fit. Apparantly, there is a hiring cut-off date each month. so depending on you're interview period you might be waiting up to 4 weeks for an offer.

Interview Question – Would you rather go to a party or host the party?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!