Staples Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Staples (La Mirada, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for a first interview at the office in La Mirada, CA. Because I am still completing my undergrad (graduating in a month) and have no experience, they didn't ask me too many questions about how I would close a sale. They weren't put off by my lack of experience though because I was a student-athlete. They asked me more character based questions. The next step in the interview process is a ride a long with a senior sales rep.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather host a party or go to a party?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples (New York, NY).

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to schedule a call after applying online. My call lasted about an hour and the recruiter passed my information along to the Area Manager. I was contacted that same day to schedule a face to face interview the following week. My face to face interview went great and I was offered a position as a B2B Sales Specialist that same day. Everything happened very quickly, but the company knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't close a sale and what did you learn from that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and they increased the initial offer.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Had a phone interview for about 20 Minutes. The woman interviewing me asked questions about previous sale jobs I had. Just be prepared to give specific examples. The person interviewing me said I would be great, and I should be hearing from the manager at the specific location I applied to by the end of the week and I never did. Really unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Interview started with a phone interview, from there there was an in person interview, a second in person interview, a ride along with some one in the position and then finally a presentation for the regional manager of a powerpoint presentation followed by an interview.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

they found me on the website and set up a phone interview for the first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Staples (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter working for Staples. She was very communicative and kept me informed through every step. I went on a total of 4 interviews

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was to explain a situation in which I had to work with someone who did not care for me in a professional capacity   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very fair and compensated me based on my previous role.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in December 2013.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a phone interview about a week or two after I filled out the job application. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was one of the more uncomfortable phone interviews I have actually gone through. The person interviewing was monotone, didn't even seem interested talking to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you found it difficult to close a sales call?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was with the area sales manager who is fantastic, really laid back and you immediately get the feeling that you want to work for this guy. Interview took about 30 or so minutes, basic questions. Second interview was with the regional manager over Skype. Same basic questions, he likes to flip the conversation to see how you would interview him

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why do you want to work for Staples? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations on salary

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone interview with recruiter, I was told several days later I didn't meet their qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions about my recent employment history   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I saw an opening for a position, and sent my resume through Monster.com. I was contacted via phone by a recruiter. After a brief discussion, she contacted my would-be manager, who reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. After that interview, I had another phone interview with my would-be manager's manager. We then set up a face-to-face interview, where I was to create a 10-minute presentation on Staples Advantage, and why I would be a good fit. Then, I met members of the team in a conference-room setting, and we scheduled a ride-along so I had a better understanding of a typical day. After the ride-along, I met with the manager, and after a brief discussion, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions are very personality & behavior-based, and are mostly "Tell me about a time..." "How have you handled..."   1 Answer