Staples Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples Canada in October 2009.

I had two interviews, the first with the senior cashier and then my second was with the store manager

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals while working for the company   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Staples Canada in September 2014.

I sent my resume with one f my friends working in staples. After a couple of days I was asked to come for the interview. The manager took my interview in the office room. He asked me to explain my good and worse experience as a customer in my life, questions as why I applied for the position, where I would see in the days to come. I was asked about 8- 10 questions. I suppose I better answered.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me to explain if there were any differences between my current job (one of the customer services) and the position applied for. I think I answered well pointing out the differences that I saw. But, from the cross questions he made I guess he was not satisfied well.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples Canada in September 2014.

1. in depth telephone Interview that lasted about 30 mins
    2. Face to face interview with Manager and director (incredibly friendly people)

I would honestly say the telephone interview was more challenging that the in-person. I met with both the director and manager for the first part of the interview but then the director had to leave. They asked great questions but not difficult. They also were very informative.

Interview Questions
    • Don't underestimate the first telephone interview. She asked a lot of great questions that required you to really show how your previous experience can benefit this role. They actually asked me to pretend someone called in about a technical issue and asked me what probing questions would I ask.   View Answer
    None.

Sales Associate Interview

Two interviews, went smooth and easy. Skills and trainings..experiences and skills. All went well. Took one house and met two people......on time and easy interview. Lots of talking and questions.

Depot Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Staples Canada in August 2014.

Applied online after answering a personality test and an outdated PC knowledge test. Received an email from one of their recruiters shortly after asking to schedule an interview. I was given the option of a webex, telephone or in-person interview, I opted to go with the in-person. The interview was held at their head office in Richmond hill. The interview lasted roughly one hour and consisted of me going into extensive detail about my work history in chronological order. This was followed by a short description of the job itself. They told me I would be contracted in 2-3 weeks if I was going to be moved into the next phase of the process. The next phase being another in-person interview with the Mississauga warehouse manager. They led me to believe this interview would be more technical in nature.

I am still waiting to hear back after two+ weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The online hardware test allowed you roughly two minutes per question, make sure you are ready.   Answer Question

Divisional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples Canada.

Very customer oriented interview process with a focus on people development. Come prepared with concrete examples. There will be at least three interviews. The first with an HR Generalist, the next with a senior member of the HR team and the third will be with the District Manager. Be prepared to showcase accomplishments. Be friendly, enthusiastic and be ready to showcase your passion for customer service. Expect each interview to be at least one hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness, why, and what are you doing to overcome it?   View Answer
    They will not negotiate at all. However, their initial offer is competitive.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Staples Canada.

very detailed hiring process for management. As for in store employees, it is a 2 -3 interviews with standard questions and refrence checks. The management interviews were handled by the VP and the interview lasted 4 hours that covered education, personal interests and career experiences down to my 1st "job" as a child.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn from your first job as a child that you still use in your current role today?   Answer Question
    30+ days until all refrence checks were made and the new store was scheduled to open

Marketing Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Staples Canada in May 2014.

First there was a phone screening, then followed up with a HR face to face interview. After that there was a case study and then finally meeting with the hiring personnel

Contracts & Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Staples Canada in May 2014.

After submitting an application online for the position of Contracts & Pricing Analyst, I received an e-mail from the recruiter inviting me to a phone interview the following week. Naturally I responded and thanked the recruiter for reaching out to me. A few days go by and still no response from the recruiter. After almost a week and 3 e-mails and a phone follow up later, I decided to give up the fight and move on.

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples Canada.

I had 3 job interviews. The HR interview was very detailed and went over every aspect of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be an animal which would I be and why.   View Answer
    Try to ask for a higher number than what they are offering.