Staples Canada

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples Canada in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first with the senior cashier and then my second was with the store manager

Interview Question – What are your goals while working for the company   View Answer

Technology Sales Associate Interview

Technology Sales Associate
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was directed to 2 interviews as for the first one you answer questions like every other interview; why do you want to work here and unpertaining to TECH.
Second interview, they ask you about TECH as of how you would sell this or that and they see your knowledge about products

Interview Question – Just make sure to use common sense   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation isn't a part of this job.
You always start minimum wage

Divisional Sales Manager Interview

Divisional Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples Canada.

Interview Details – Very customer oriented interview process with a focus on people development. Come prepared with concrete examples. There will be at least three interviews. The first with an HR Generalist, the next with a senior member of the HR team and the third will be with the District Manager. Be prepared to showcase accomplishments. Be friendly, enthusiastic and be ready to showcase your passion for customer service. Expect each interview to be at least one hour.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness, why, and what are you doing to overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will not negotiate at all. However, their initial offer is competitive.

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Assistant Sales Manager
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Staples Canada.

Interview Details – very detailed hiring process for management. As for in store employees, it is a 2 -3 interviews with standard questions and refrence checks. The management interviews were handled by the VP and the interview lasted 4 hours that covered education, personal interests and career experiences down to my 1st "job" as a child.

Interview Question – What did you learn from your first job as a child that you still use in your current role today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 30+ days until all refrence checks were made and the new store was scheduled to open

Marketing Financial Analyst Interview

Marketing Financial Analyst
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Staples Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – First there was a phone screening, then followed up with a HR face to face interview. After that there was a case study and then finally meeting with the hiring personnel

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Staples   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technology Sales Associate Interview

Technology Sales Associate
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Staples Canada in January 2010.

Interview Details – two interviews:
1st interview: the first was more getting to know me
2nd interview: a few days later I returned and they want to find out what makes a good shopping experience and that there is no commission so focus on esp (extended service plans)

Interview Question – just tricky which was about attachments and I forgot esp is an attachment which is where they make the bulk of their money   View Answer

Reason for Declining – the pay was low and no commission, you have to be the top in your store in order to get a bonus (which could be a preloaded credit card etc) so no real incentive

Contracts & Pricing Analyst Interview

Contracts & Pricing Analyst
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Staples Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting an application online for the position of Contracts & Pricing Analyst, I received an e-mail from the recruiter inviting me to a phone interview the following week. Naturally I responded and thanked the recruiter for reaching out to me. A few days go by and still no response from the recruiter. After almost a week and 3 e-mails and a phone follow up later, I decided to give up the fight and move on.

Category Specialist Interview

Category Specialist
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples Canada.

Interview Details – I had 3 job interviews. The HR interview was very detailed and went over every aspect of my resume.

Interview Question – If I could be an animal which would I be and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Try to ask for a higher number than what they are offering.

Floor Manager Interview

Floor Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples Canada.

Interview Details – happened very quickly, was a new site. no negotiations

Interview Question – why would you want to manage an electronics sections   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples Canada in January 2014.

Interview Details – Whole process took almost 2 months. Phone screen, interview with sales manager, then another interview with sales manager and director, then finally a ride along. After all this time only to tell me they decided not to proceed with the process.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Worked for Staples Canada? Contribute to the Community!