Staples Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Leominster, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

So I applied a couple of months ago and I for a call back about a week ago, we set up an interview and about 2 days later I went in, he took me to his office and he just talked about everything, how the company was, stuff about him, policies, etc. He didn't ask me ANY questions at all, the only question he asked me was "what is your favorite store", he talked the entire time told me he'll give me a shot and if I would like to proceed and I accepted. I'm still waiting for my background check to be done and him to call me to come in for paperwork!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted within 3 days for a interview with the manager. It was pretty good. A simple interview just discussing your experience and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What will your previous supervisor say about you ? Is there anything your supervisor told you that you need to improve? Why staples? What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in September 2014.

Interview

Applied in Mid August, got the call september 1st. Laid back interview, manager was aiight and we got along, it was pretty friendly and loose, not a structured question intensive interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in July 2014.

Interview

Very brief.. They asked me why I wanted to work at Staples, my strengths, my weaknesses. The lady that asked me was very nice. She let me know when they'd call me back to either confirm or decline the job offer for me.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant manager and the general manager. They were both very polite and followed the standard interview questions for staples. I was interviewed in the managers office so it was private and comfortable.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted ~5-7 days after to schedule an in-person interview. I spoke to the store manager and he seemed friendly -- the interview was fairly relaxed and casual. Afterwards, I was called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. I'm not under the same management that I began under but not really sure it would have been the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Lake Grove, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a wonderful interview, very professional.

Interview Questions

Different job offer, closer to home.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Called me in for an interview. Very professional

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I applied online and went in to the store after 3-5 days and asked to talk to the hiring manager he was very nice but extremely busy I told him I applied and wanted to know the status of my application he called me within 3 days and set up an interview the interview was held in two parts the first was personal and just asking why I wanted a job and such then the other manager interviewed me in another part of the store about 5 days after the interview they called me and ask if I was still interested in a job with staples

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at staples   1 Answer