Staples Copy Center Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.0

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

First, all employees get screened online with a behavioral survey. The manager told me I was actually one of the few that passed with "green." He also interviews people who pass with "yellow." If you've ever worked for retail, just imagine that you are the perfect employee following your previous company's guidelines and you'll pass. Otherwise a Google the answers. The actual interview was straightforward, they're just standard questions, nothing creative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples (Corvallis, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online a few days before I was called by one of the managers at Staples. We set up a time for an interview and when I arrived she was very happy to see me. Manager was very nice and welcoming. Asked your typical interview questions, and let me know that I would get a call by the end of the next week if I got the job

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

General manager called and asked me for an interview for that same week. Met two managers during the interview. Asked simple interview questions, making sure I was going to be able to handle the copy and print center.

Interview Questions

• "What does customer service mean to you?" Asked about availability.   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

It was laid back, very easy questions, nothing to stress about. Its canned question given. Dress casual professional. I was happy at first with the management but they got a new manager that turned the place to total chaos. I cannot stress more to tell those considering applying to copy center not to! It's a nightmare. You will be drained!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what is customer service mean to you? what would your previous employer say about you? what did you do at each of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Overall, it was a very easy interview. I was called four days after I applied and got an interview scheduled at the store with who I assume is the manager. I'm not 100% sure about his title because after the interview, he went to talk to someone of what seemed to be similar authority. The interview itself took around ten minutes. At the end I was asked if I had any questions of my own. After that settled, my interviewer left to talk to someone else, and when he came back, I was told that I had to go through a background check, and if that came back clean, I would get a call and we could do paperwork and talk about pay. The check was supposed to take around two to three days, but on the fourth day, I decided to call the store because I hadn't heard back. I was told that the check was pulled up that morning and he was getting ready to call me anyways. He told me that I could come the next day to fill out paperwork. Overall, the interview was really easy. I was asked basic questions about my prior experience, and the volunteer work I had done. I was told that there would be some selling where I would try to get people to purchase color prints instead of black & white. In the end, there were no questions out of the ordinary, they all seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what I would make based on prior experience. I ended up with a fairly low pay since this was my first job and I had minimal experience in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples (Keene, NH).

Interview

Interview was fine. I was experienced previously and had no problems. Got along with GM great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples (Charlotte, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I had went thru a job boarding site, learn up . I had a brief group interview, just asked about ourselves and prior experience. I met the head of copy and print & a few associates. A tour of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about 4 days later. The interview was simple, just answered some basic questions. I was interviewed by both the store manager and her assistant manager. The follow up call took forever though (3 weeks), I thought I didn't get it. Ended up as an Office Supplies associate rather than what I applied for.

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview

While looking for Staples locations (I needed a clipboard), I noticed that they were opening a new store nearby so I applied right away. It took about a month to get a call, but it finally came. The woman that called me was very laid back and friendly, but also straight to the point. The interview questions were also very straight to the point, nothing out of left field or that required much thought (to my dismay, as I had carefully meditated on how I would answer any possible question they might throw at me the night before). I think in their case they just really needed to fill a hole and didn't have many applicants to choose from, considering the fact that I was allowed to choose when the interview was held, and that she apologized for something that had happened during the phone call days before without me bringing it up. After a few questions from both sides, she explained that I would have a morning shift but that I would train at night with their Copy/Print Center expert. She then told me that she would call me after she spoke with her manager and ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Can you build relationships with customers and business owners?   1 Answer
    • Given the choice, would you rather make a sale of $1000-2000, or provide good customer service?   1 Answer

Copy Center Associate Interview

Interview

Extremely relaxed if you get an in person interview you got the job