Staples

Staples Copy Center Associate Interview Questions

2.0

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Overall, it was a very easy interview. I was called four days after I applied and got an interview scheduled at the store with who I assume is the manager. I'm not 100% sure about his title because after the interview, he went to talk to someone of what seemed to be similar authority. The interview itself took around ten minutes. At the end I was asked if I had any questions of my own. After that settled, my interviewer left to talk to someone else, and when he came back, I was told that I had to go through a background check, and if that came back clean, I would get a call and we could do paperwork and talk about pay. The check was supposed to take around two to three days, but on the fourth day, I decided to call the store because I hadn't heard back. I was told that the check was pulled up that morning and he was getting ready to call me anyways. He told me that I could come the next day to fill out paperwork.

Overall, the interview was really easy. I was asked basic questions about my prior experience, and the volunteer work I had done. I was told that there would be some selling where I would try to get people to purchase color prints instead of black & white. In the end, there were no questions out of the ordinary, they all seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. I was told what I would make based on prior experience. I ended up with a fairly low pay since this was my first job and I had minimal experience in the field.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Interview was fine. I was experienced previously and had no problems. Got along with GM great.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

While looking for Staples locations (I needed a clipboard), I noticed that they were opening a new store nearby so I applied right away. It took about a month to get a call, but it finally came.
    The woman that called me was very laid back and friendly, but also straight to the point. The interview questions were also very straight to the point, nothing out of left field or that required much thought (to my dismay, as I had carefully meditated on how I would answer any possible question they might throw at me the night before). I think in their case they just really needed to fill a hole and didn't have many applicants to choose from, considering the fact that I was allowed to choose when the interview was held, and that she apologized for something that had happened during the phone call days before without me bringing it up.
    After a few questions from both sides, she explained that I would have a morning shift but that I would train at night with their Copy/Print Center expert. She then told me that she would call me after she spoke with her manager and ran a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Can you build relationships with customers and business owners?   View Answer
    • Given the choice, would you rather make a sale of $1000-2000, or provide good customer service?   View Answer

Copy Center Associate Interview

Extremely relaxed if you get an in person interview you got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

In less than a week they called me back. The interview was surprisingly very short, the wait time was about an hour meanwhile the interview was less than 15 minutes. They are also not very organized. A week after my interview I received a call from them and I returned the call and the managers were rude towards me and told me they had not called me. However, the following day they called and left a voicemail saying I was hired but I did not take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The manager kept pressuring me to ask him questions. So have a big list of questions in mind.   Answer Question

The employees especially the manager discouraged me with their rude behavior.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Applied online and got an interview with the General Manager a month later. Came in a week later and had an interview with the Assistant Manager.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Three interviews, all very easy, one on one, basic usual questions

Interview Questions
    • Just asked the basic, what would you do if, or what did you do when   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Called in, asked about previous employment and reason for leave. Told me about the wage and responsibilities. I told them what i did before and about school and some of my expertise. Then they said I'm good to go after a background check which takes 3 day. 3rd day and still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2012.

I applied online for a Sales Associate position. I received a call a few weeks later for an interview at a nearby store. The store didn't have an opening for a Sales Associate, but they had an opening for a Cashier and a Copy Center Associate. I went through a quick, over-the-phone interview. Then they invited me to the store for another interview. A week later they called and offered me the job as a Copy Center Associate.

Interview Questions
    • My interviews consisted of basic questions for a retail position. I was asked about my experience and how I handled difficult situations at past jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in September 2012.

I filled out an online application, which took some time, but not difficult
    Waited two weeks, and went to the local Staples and inquired about the possition that was available, introduced myself and spoke with the manager, very nice
    I left my number and I was called in for an interview two weeks later
    The manager on duty was so nice and very positive, we walked thru the copy center and was introduced to the associate that was in charge of that department.
    We all sat down and continued the interview, I was treated with respect and was given the impression that I would be hired.
    This was actually the quickest process I have ever been thru, now I am waiting for a call back as they have to do a background check
    I am truly looking forward to working at Staples

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about my knowledge of a couple computer programs,   Answer Question