Staples Copy Center Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keene, NH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview was fine. I was experienced previously and had no problems. Got along with GM great.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Copy Center Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

While looking for Staples locations (I needed a clipboard), I noticed that they were opening a new store nearby so I applied right away. It took about a month to get a call, but it finally came.
    The woman that called me was very laid back and friendly, but also straight to the point. The interview questions were also very straight to the point, nothing out of left field or that required much thought (to my dismay, as I had carefully meditated on how I would answer any possible question they might throw at me the night before). I think in their case they just really needed to fill a hole and didn't have many applicants to choose from, considering the fact that I was allowed to choose when the interview was held, and that she apologized for something that had happened during the phone call days before without me bringing it up.
    After a few questions from both sides, she explained that I would have a morning shift but that I would train at night with their Copy/Print Center expert. She then told me that she would call me after she spoke with her manager and ran a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Can you build relationships with customers and business owners?   View Answer
    • Given the choice, would you rather make a sale of $1000-2000, or provide good customer service?   View Answer

Copy Center Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in July 2011.

The interview process was simple and did not take very long. Even though I had little experience they were willing to provide the training I needed. Over all the interview and hiring process was very easy. The copy center manager did the initial interview followed up by the assistant store manager. I was later informed that they had arranged the interviews that way because the copy center manager would be the one providing the training; the assistant store manager wanted to be sure that the copy center manager felt I had enough skills to be trained on the equipment and if we would work well together.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "why do you want to work in the copy center at Staples?"
      There were a series of visual tests to pick out imperfections of a copy sample.
        Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Extremely relaxed if you get an in person interview you got the job

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

In less than a week they called me back. The interview was surprisingly very short, the wait time was about an hour meanwhile the interview was less than 15 minutes. They are also not very organized. A week after my interview I received a call from them and I returned the call and the managers were rude towards me and told me they had not called me. However, the following day they called and left a voicemail saying I was hired but I did not take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The manager kept pressuring me to ask him questions. So have a big list of questions in mind.   Answer Question

The employees especially the manager discouraged me with their rude behavior.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Staples.

Applied online and got an interview with the General Manager a month later. Came in a week later and had an interview with the Assistant Manager.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples.

Three interviews, all very easy, one on one, basic usual questions

Interview Questions
    • Just asked the basic, what would you do if, or what did you do when   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in September 2009.

Staples applications are all submitted online.
    Personality multiple-choice test is required for most positions.
    I had one interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions, like "What's your greatest strength/weakness?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in June 2012.

The application process is all through the online site; This is where you submit an application, fill out a questionnaire, etc. I can't stress enough how important it is to follow up at the store in person at least once just to introduce yourself. The hiring process is fairly straight forward enough; there are supposed to be two interviews: one with a specialized manager of whichever department you're being hired for, and the second with the general manager. If you're lucky like I was, you'll only have the second interview with the general manager. Questions are standard for interviews (the ones you would expect any employer to ask). This includes previous work history, how you liked it, why you left, situations at work where you showed leadership skills, etc. Management won't typically beat around the bush with how you did in your interview either. If they like you, they'll either tell you or hire you right away. If not, they'll let you know how you could have done better.

In summation, it's a fairly easy interview. They like outgoing personalities, but keep it professional to an extent. It seemed for the majority of the interview, to be less an interview than a simple conversation. They'll explain to you your benefits, the pay, dress code, and anything else you need to know.

Interview Questions
    They told me during my interview that they were hiring me because they had a good feeling about it, gave me my first weeks schedule, and went from there. It was the easiest hire I've ever gone through.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in June 2010.

Was trying for the production side and was interviewed from the manager on the retail side. She didn't know the correct questions to ask about the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!