Staples

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – The interview process was a 3 step process, but it seems as long as you are literate this job is attainable.

Interview Question – How do you handle having to handle many tasks at once?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Staples in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from the store 2 weeks later for an appointment, arrived the customary 15min early, the manager was not available (not scheduled for) today. Was offered to wait about 4hours until the assistant manager comes in. Asked to leave my name and a message to reschedule. 2 1/2 weeks later got call from store for an appointment. Arrived again a bit early, had to wait until 30min after the appointment time. Withing a few minutes I learned that "we only hire part time at minimum wage". No offer for a full time position as was posted online. Quite unprofessional to waste everybody's time like that.

Customer Service Lead

The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in June 2009.

Interview Details – the interviews were done one on one, but in a small area with 3 to 4 interviews taking place at the same time, very confusing as we were all talking and answering in small area, so we were distracting each other. They do want alot of role play

Interview Question – asked to role play selling their credit   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Lead

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Staples in June 2009.

Interview Details – Direct questions regarding past experience, skills and customer service knowledge. What if scenarios. How did you deal with this situation, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer who was not happy?   View Answer
  • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!