Staples Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Gresham, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was like you got rear-ended by a car behind you. I was early for the interview on that day. Went up to the front desk cashier, told her my name and why I was there for. She told me that she'll be right back. She returned after a couple minutes and told me that the interviewer was not available until another half hour. So I left the store and came back later. Finally, the interviewer was ready for me. So the salesclerk shows me into his office and announce my presence.

Interview Questions

• They already had you figured even before the interview got started. One look into my resume by the interviewer, he'd already decided I was not what he was looking for.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied through a website called "learn up" had 3 person interview, very standard questions- what are your strengths, weaknesses. Situational question "give an example of giving excellent customer service", etc. hired for back to school rush.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Rochester, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Came and spoke briefly, took a typing test and was hired. Pretty simple over all just be yourself and outgoing and youll get hired. The base pay is a little low so there was some turn over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Staples (Florence, KY) in August 2011.

Interview

Emailed back promptly but took forever to hire. There is a phone interview and then one in person. The interview and introduction was fantastic. Reasonable questions and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• WILL ASK IN DETAIL ABOUT PREVIOUS WORK.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied online, contacted within a week to come in for an interview. Realized that anyone that was called to come in for the "interview" already got the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. The store manager had our resumes already and just gave us a presentation as a group, made us watch a video, and then we filled out paperwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roxbury Township, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Staples (Roxbury Township, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

Typical Questions gauging how i would handle customers and math skills

Got a better offer