Staples

www.staples.com

Staples Director Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Was invited in to Framingham HQ to meet with several people for interviews. Everyone was pretty much on time, was prepared, and was very professional except for one. Unfortunately, it was the first person who interviewed me, and it set me up to have to try to like the place after that. I nearly got up and left the interview because of how I was being talked down to and demeaned by the interviewer. I asked some conversation starting questions since we were having lunch, and the interviewer answered with "yes", "no", "it depends." Then said, "Sorry, I'm just answering like you've asked the question. Maybe you'd like to try asking it again." We were having a casual conversation over lunch for crying out loud! Then I was asked, "Why do you think I say "it depends"?" I answered, and was told, "no, that's not why...why do you think I say "it depends"?" Oh brother. I'm not there to be treated like a child.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to work for Staples (given that they are a shrinking company in a dying industry)?   View Answer

This company is behind the curve when it comes to their industry. They are struggling to have a future, and yet while I was there I saw construction going on to build a nice new gym for the employees. Didn't seem to have a sense of urgency about them.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2009.

Open position through internal referal.

Interview Questions
    Limited, had to follow estaplished guidlines for the position.