Staples Easy Tech Expert Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Lake Stevens, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples (Lake Stevens, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and got a call 3 days later for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early, and he wasn't ready for me yet. He came out and invited me in, and we sat down. Then he just started a conversation with me. An hour later, he told me the interview was done and did I have any questions. Confused, I asked him when we started, he replied "I asked the questions, but just more in a casual way." Feeling satisfied I asked a couple questions about the company and the way it worked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Easy Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Staples in January 2012.

Interview

only had 1 interview, did not seem like the manager was prepared for the interview. another manager walked in during my interview and started cussing and talking about very inappropriate topics. very unprofessional experience they did not seem like they were motivated to find good candidates for the job. was very surprised that these people were managers. i had to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• everything about this interview was difficult, it was like i had to interview myself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Milton, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Spoke at length with General Manager, then spoke with District manager the next day. They asked the typical questions such as: describe a time when things didn't go the way you hoped; describe an event in your experience that you are proud of; what is your attitude towards working with people of diverse backgrounds; how have you worked to grow your employees, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with customers and employees of diverse cultural backgrounds?   Answer Question

Salary offered was way too low for what I needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (City of Industry, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I actually interviewed at two different Staples locations, one by accident and the other was scheduled. Needless to say between the two there was really not much difference. There are usually a total of two interviews for the position of Easy Tech Expert or any Easy Tech position for that matter. The difference being the Expert position you must pass an online tech test before even getting an interview, the associate or resident tech. position you take that after the first interview. The questions at both interviews were exactly the same. They're looking for someone with personality that can push sales and produce numbers, as well as fix computers. Be friendly and loose, not tense and short with answers. They want the guy that can talk someone into buying $300 + of accessories with the computers AND fix them when they break. Anti-social hermits need not apply. Be able to sell and fix not just hide behind the counter and fix. After the personality and short tech. quiz with questions like, "What is an ODD? Would you be able to store information on an ODD?" The answers being Optical Dist Drive, and No you do not store information on an ODD you store information on the Media that is read by ODD's such as, CDs, DVD's, and Blu-Ray. After the interview with the assistant manager, who will usually be your manager in the long run if you're anything lower than an Expert, otherwise you will be under the Genreal Manager in some smaller stores like I was. You'll have a second interview with the General Manager, be ready for some situational questions and also personality/goal questions. "Why would you be a good fit for this company? What would you offer this person buying a new laptop? Why would they want virus protection for $30-$40 dollars, when hey can get AVG Free or Microsoft Security Essentials?"

Interview Questions

• What are some services or accessories you would offer a customer purchasing a new Laptop for their back to school student? (while this might not be hard now that I worked there for a couple years, but it was at the time)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the amount is calculated by a computer, and they are unable to negotiate, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Staples (Jackson, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online, then came into the store and talk to the store manager. He said he was looking for someone to work on computers which i said would be perfect for me. He said it was gonna be awhile before he would be doing any hiring. So i came in every week for a month and bugged him. Finally it was time for an interview. After five interviews and computer test i had a job. A job that paid min. wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

what negotiation i was told what i would be paid and if i didn't like it i could go else were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Wake Forest, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview the next morning. I spoke to the Sales Manager and the General Manager and was hired the following day, pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating; they had a price they could pay and I could either accept or decline.

Easy Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process has been quite smooth. I initially interviewed with two assistant managers. Upon completion, I interviewed with the store manager. All went as expected and well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not so much. I asked for more than we settled on. Basically, I was told that the position capped out at 10 an hour.

Easy Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in February 2011.

Interview

I was called to interview for the ETE position, and was first met by the assistant manager of the location that I had applied. He was a nice guy, asked the standard questions about past work experience, and did a little role play. If a customer comes in to buy a laptop, what are you going to try and add on to the sale? Things of this nature...This interview went well, and I was called back a week later to interview with the general manager. It was in his office that I met with him 1:1, but the district manager was also listening in on speaker phone. Once again, they ran through different scenarios such as what I would do if there were an unhappy customer. I was caught off guard by their unsatisfaction with my answers, as they kept prodding me to go deeper and elaborate on things (I thought I had done a sufficient job). It was for this reason that I thought I blew it, and was not going to get a call at all. To my surprise, I was called about a week later, and offered a position. I'm excited to start with Staples, but the interview process was a little longer than I thought it should be.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us of a past experience where a customer was upset, and what you did to fix the situation?   Answer Question