Staples

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

EasyTech Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Interview wasn't hard at all. Nothing but the usual "why do you want to work here", etc. I remember I actually told the guy that I loved to fix computers and that I did it for no charge, yada yada yada. A+ Certification is recommended, but I didn't have one. So they give a test that is geared towards virus identification and removal.

Interview Question – Again, the questions were the basic "gt to know you" questions. The hardest question would probably be when he asked, "I have a tack of applicants on my desk i can pick from, why choose you?" And i just said, "I work hard and know computers."   Answer Question

Marion, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in October 2012.

Interview Details – You Put in your application then youwill talk to a manager they will question your technology skill when it comes to repairing computers and what steps got would take to removing viruses and your knowledge of computer products

Interview Question – Nothing very easy interview   Answer Question

Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Staples in February 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a local application, I received a phone call a few days later for an interview. The interview process was very simple, nothing a high school education can't handle. The exam taken in order to preform basic computer repair is difficult for those who do not have any prior experience.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales experience?   View Answer

Rutland, VT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call a week later about setting up an interview. I had previously worked at this location in high school and the same managers I worked under previously conducted the interview. Basically went over what I had been doing since last working there, and why I wanted to return. I applied for a sales position, but we discussed promotion to an on-site technician once I get through all the training. Left the interview and waited for my background check to clear. A wee later I received a call from the hiring manager an was offered the position.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for $9/hr at interview. Was offered $10.20 because of my previous experience and to keep me around until I can be promoted to technician.

EasyTech Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Apply online with computerized assessment lasts 30 mins- same questions reworded etc. if you pass then application will be passed along to hiring store.

Interview Question – typical questions, how would you handle difficult person etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in May 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straight forward. Called, interviewed with assistant manager. Asked questions related to past experience, and then gave a competency quiz partially over hardware, partially over software

Interview Question – Outdated hardware information (floppy disk cable types,etc) were asked in the equivalency exam. Anyone with A+ experience can do well   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples in August 2013.

Interview Details – They had two different interviews, the first was behavioral and the second was about sales knowledge. The second had three different managers interviewing you at the same time which was a bit daunting.

Interview Question – Asking knowledge about printers or computer software   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in June 2012.

Interview Details – Online application. Interview with manager. Followup response.

Interview Question – As usual interview, questions about previous work experience, and skills for the applying position.   Answer Question

Pueblo, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for EasyTech resident position, but instead ended up as EasyTech associate, which is really a glorified sales associate. I didn't even get an EasyTech badge. The interview was very brief and I didn't feel like they were really concerned about me as a person, just for the business I could bring to the store. The hiring manager was very curt and never cared much for me.

Interview Question – "Why did you leave your last job?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate my wage or hours. but my associates were able to negotiate wages.

EasyTech Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position, was called a couple days later asking for a in person interview. It was group based as when I arrived there were multiple others waiting as well to be interviewed. You just wait to be called to the back, which I was called into the managers office. Was asked multiple questions, many being situation questions as well as why I wanted to work for them and some were to attempt to test me on my knowledge of technology and how certain things work.

Interview Question – All were pretty basic generic interview questions that many employers ask along with some questions being specific about things computers and how they work. Ex. What does RAM mean? What should you do if you get a blue screen error? Etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples EasyTech Associate interview questions and advice. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees and interview candidates.