Staples

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.2

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples.

Quick turn around from application submission, about a day in between submission and being called for an interview. Scheduled interview quickly and it was a standard round robin beginning with the store general manager.

Initially was interested in cashier position, but given my background, the store manager wished to consider me for EasyTech. After Q&A, then proceeded to assistant manager and tech supervisor.

Nothing out of the ordinary but the usual strength / weakness / team player types of questions. The hiring process after that was quick and easy - it's the training that gets ya! ;)

Interview Questions
  • For me personally, I am a user of computers, previously I was not a seller. The question from the tech supervisor about the difference between different types of phones and/or computers did not register with my past experiences. I have done lots of learning since then.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate as I was new to retail. In the future though, given my experiences now, I might have negotiated a slightly higher hourly wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

EasyTech Associate Interview

Two different interviews with the General Manager and the Sales Manager. Was hired on the spot after the second interview.Went in for training the following week and began working the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Walked into the Interview with almost no expectations of how it would go, seeing as I had just interviewed for the same position at another store near my hometown only a few days earlier and the interviewer there didn't seem to have much experience with interviewing people, so she just told me what was expected of an employee and asked if I was ok with it, but this interview went quite differently. I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited in the front of the store until my interview time and asked a sales associate to be directed to the Assistant Manager (They seem to do the interviewing as far as I can tell) and was taken into his office within a few minutes. The interview was pretty much non-existent and we just talked about Video Games and Batman and he reviewed my resume and pretty much told me that I was good to go and that he would call me later to let me know when to come in to fill out my paperwork and get started.

No negotiation.

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Interview wasn't hard at all. Nothing but the usual "why do you want to work here", etc. I remember I actually told the guy that I loved to fix computers and that I did it for no charge, yada yada yada. A+ Certification is recommended, but I didn't have one. So they give a test that is geared towards virus identification and removal.

Interview Questions
    • Again, the questions were the basic "gt to know you" questions. The hardest question would probably be when he asked, "I have a tack of applicants on my desk i can pick from, why choose you?" And i just said, "I work hard and know computers."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charles Town, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charles Town, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in May 2014.

The interview was laid back and not professional at all. I got a call for an interview a wwek after applying. I was just asked a few questions about different scenerios involving my computer knowledge, and was told They wanted to hire me and I would hear back in a few days.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples in May 2014.

Interview was extremely short. Perhaps it was just my store, but the managers acted like they'd never conducted an interview before. It was rather odd. Overall, a painless experience. All of the questions were very simple and straightforward. Unfortunately, the management was not straightforward in their answers to MY questions, I later found out.

Interview Questions
    • There were only a couple questions in my interview as it was so short. No difficult questions, just simple ones such as "what does customer service mean to you?".   Answer Question

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Apply online with computerized assessment lasts 30 mins- same questions reworded etc. if you pass then application will be passed along to hiring store.

Interview Questions
    • typical questions, how would you handle difficult person etc   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutland, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutland, VT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in March 2014.

I applied online and received a call a week later about setting up an interview. I had previously worked at this location in high school and the same managers I worked under previously conducted the interview. Basically went over what I had been doing since last working there, and why I wanted to return. I applied for a sales position, but we discussed promotion to an on-site technician once I get through all the training. Left the interview and waited for my background check to clear. A wee later I received a call from the hiring manager an was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    Asked for $9/hr at interview. Was offered $10.20 because of my previous experience and to keep me around until I can be promoted to technician.

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Applied online for the position, was called a couple days later asking for a in person interview. It was group based as when I arrived there were multiple others waiting as well to be interviewed. You just wait to be called to the back, which I was called into the managers office. Was asked multiple questions, many being situation questions as well as why I wanted to work for them and some were to attempt to test me on my knowledge of technology and how certain things work.

Interview Questions
    • All were pretty basic generic interview questions that many employers ask along with some questions being specific about things computers and how they work. Ex. What does RAM mean? What should you do if you get a blue screen error? Etc.   Answer Question

EasyTech Associate Interview

Basic interview. Who are you, tell me about yourself. You answer a few technical questions but truthfully if you pass the online test and are semi-personable in your interview you have the job.