Staples EasyTech Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southbury, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Walked into the Interview with almost no expectations of how it would go, seeing as I had just interviewed for the same position at another store near my hometown only a few days earlier and the interviewer there didn't seem to have much experience with interviewing people, so she just told me what was expected of an employee and asked if I was ok with it, but this interview went quite differently. I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited in the front of the store until my interview time and asked a sales associate to be directed to the Assistant Manager (They seem to do the interviewing as far as I can tell) and was taken into his office within a few minutes. The interview was pretty much non-existent and we just talked about Video Games and Batman and he reviewed my resume and pretty much told me that I was good to go and that he would call me later to let me know when to come in to fill out my paperwork and get started.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charles Town, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charles Town, WV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in May 2014.

The interview was laid back and not professional at all. I got a call for an interview a wwek after applying. I was just asked a few questions about different scenerios involving my computer knowledge, and was told They wanted to hire me and I would hear back in a few days.

No negotiations

EasyTech Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview wasn't hard at all. Nothing but the usual "why do you want to work here", etc. I remember I actually told the guy that I loved to fix computers and that I did it for no charge, yada yada yada. A+ Certification is recommended, but I didn't have one. So they give a test that is geared towards virus identification and removal.

Interview Questions
    • Again, the questions were the basic "gt to know you" questions. The hardest question would probably be when he asked, "I have a tack of applicants on my desk i can pick from, why choose you?" And i just said, "I work hard and know computers."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Marion, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Marion, IN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in October 2012.

You Put in your application then youwill talk to a manager they will question your technology skill when it comes to repairing computers and what steps got would take to removing viruses and your knowledge of computer products

Anonymous Employee  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Staples in February 2012.

After submitting a local application, I received a phone call a few days later for an interview. The interview process was very simple, nothing a high school education can't handle. The exam taken in order to preform basic computer repair is difficult for those who do not have any prior experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rutland, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutland, VT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

I applied online and received a call a week later about setting up an interview. I had previously worked at this location in high school and the same managers I worked under previously conducted the interview. Basically went over what I had been doing since last working there, and why I wanted to return. I applied for a sales position, but we discussed promotion to an on-site technician once I get through all the training. Left the interview and waited for my background check to clear. A wee later I received a call from the hiring manager an was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    Asked for $9/hr at interview. Was offered $10.20 because of my previous experience and to keep me around until I can be promoted to technician.

EasyTech Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Staples.

Apply online with computerized assessment lasts 30 mins- same questions reworded etc. if you pass then application will be passed along to hiring store.

Interview Questions
    • typical questions, how would you handle difficult person etc   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in May 2012.

Hiring process was straight forward. Called, interviewed with assistant manager. Asked questions related to past experience, and then gave a competency quiz partially over hardware, partially over software

Interview Questions
    • Outdated hardware information (floppy disk cable types,etc) were asked in the equivalency exam. Anyone with A+ experience can do well   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples in August 2013.

They had two different interviews, the first was behavioral and the second was about sales knowledge. The second had three different managers interviewing you at the same time which was a bit daunting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in June 2012.

Online application. Interview with manager. Followup response.

Interview Questions
    • As usual interview, questions about previous work experience, and skills for the applying position.   Answer Question

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!