Staples

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.2

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

1 interview, in which they ask you questions about yourself and why you want to work at Staples. They also ask for your strengths that would be useful at the workplace. After talking to them for about 10 minutes, they immediately had me fill out employment documents and had me doing training tutorials.

Interview Questions
  • There were not any surprise questions or anything of the sort. They ask you questions to see how you respond, to hear any dialect, to look for positive facial expressions and what not.   Answer Question
Negotiate a price at the beginning of the process. I did not and it ended up being detrimental in the long run.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Staples.

At first, you apply online at their online application process. It's not hard, but it is time consuming with the usual common knowledge questions.

During the process, i was not contacted at all online or by email or phone that i was an interest, so i walked into the store dressed business casual to turn in an application (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). Upon doing so,it was 2 days later i got the phone call to come in for an interview.

it was the day of the interview and when i arrived, i stood for 30 minutes before being told that they forgot that i had an interview that day and to come back 2 days later. so, 2 days later i come in and they forgot AGAIN that I was to be interviewed, so they scheduled me back the next day. When the next day came, i finally was interviewed, and they were really friendly to greet me, and discussed to me about my experiences. When all was said and done, i was in a black shirt 2 weeks later (after i quit my old job). The management told me "I had the skills and requirements to be a "black shirt" and that they were happy to have me on the team! 2 weeks went by and they stuck me on the register...it's been 2 years and now i'm doing office supplies. all because the management said "I didn't see the X factor in you" even though i have all this experience with technology, they didn't even give me a chance.

Now they make me do tons of work and they keep telling me "you'll be in tech soon". That's what they say, yet i've overheard, and been cussed out by management stating "you'll never be in tech, you have no chance at all". So they're beating a dead tree with that one.

Interview Questions
    • for me, it was what pay was i looking to receive. I don't like asking for a pay because to me, it makes me feel greedy and I'd rather negotiate pays with management rather than name my price. Although, afterwords, now that i've worked here for 2 years, i must give you all 1 piece of advice:

NEVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT!
        Answer Question
    pretty much told me i had the job, and then i was satisfied until 2 weeks passed and i was pretty much booted out of tech with no opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples in August 2013.

They had two different interviews, the first was behavioral and the second was about sales knowledge. The second had three different managers interviewing you at the same time which was a bit daunting.

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples.

The interview is in two stages beginning with the GM and AM and then the lead associate of the department in which you're applying for. The first interview is done on the floor (at least this location), in the office furniture area. Your second interview follows either the next day or shortly thereafter. If both interviews fall in your favor you start within the following week.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked, they pretty much ask questions in the field you are applying for, and simple about you questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Walk in resume always helps... I was hired and interviewed in the same day, given general question to qualify my work filed and expertise

Interview Questions
    • terminology, my reply was that my other work space used other standards, I'm glad to get the chance and opportunity to learn while furthering my time and education with staples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in July 2013.

I applied for EasyTech resident position, but instead ended up as EasyTech associate, which is really a glorified sales associate. I didn't even get an EasyTech badge. The interview was very brief and I didn't feel like they were really concerned about me as a person, just for the business I could bring to the store. The hiring manager was very curt and never cared much for me.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate my wage or hours. but my associates were able to negotiate wages.

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Process was simple, a quick phone call and a 1-1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples.

Upon completion of the application, the first contact occurred about 1 week with a phone call. The first interview was a phone interview followed by an invitation to come in to take a very short test. Many of the questions in the test are from the A+ certification but it is only ~20 questions. The majority of the questions are about what is malware/viruses rather than hardware questions. In my opinion, the type of questions are not sufficient for the position. When I passed this test, I was invited the next day to come in for a set of interviews. I was interviewed by 3 managers/supervisors with each interview lasting ~30 minutes. The questions all revolve around the idea of selling a larger market basket (the more items sold at the same time, the larger the market basket). What they really care about is that you sell warranties/replacement plans for anything that plugs into the wall for power.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that for a technical position, they only cared about asking questions regarding ways of selling replacement plans for electronics. As long as you can show that you will remember to ask each employee if they want to buy an extended warranty, the interview will go smoothly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in April 2013.

Had two interviews with each Assistant Manager. I meth the GM both times i went in and was called back by the GM when hired. The interview was very simple, they just want to know if you are ok with protection plans and they care that you can Sell!

Interview Questions
    • Pretend like this pen is an item you trying to sell for me?   Answer Question
    none

EasyTech Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples in March 2013.

Call to ask if your local store is currently hiring and if they are apply online. Call back within a week and ask if you can speak with the hiring manager, they will most likely give you an interview. You will first interview with an assistant manager and then the general manager. Dress business casual (as nice as you can without a suit).
    There was no drug test when I interviewed but this may vary from store to store.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about your previous work experience and how you handle situations such as customer complaints and what you would do if you do not know the answer to a question.   Answer Question
    Part time wages for associates start around $7-$8 depending on experience. There is not much room for negotiation.