Staples

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Furniture Associate Interview

Furniture Associate
Goleta, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call back within a week. Went in to have an in person interview with the assistant manager. Passe that so I got another interview with the GM. Was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Furniture Associate Interview

Furniture Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in January 2007.

Interview Details – Applied in-person and was called within a week to come back for an interview with the assistant manager. 1:1 interview with her, she asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the general manager. The interview with her was three part; first was the "tell me about yourself" part then about 6 behavioral ?'s and then the skills/personality tests on a PC. First interview took about 45 minutes. The interview with the GM was short and to the point. Why do you want to work at Staples, What can you bring to the company and several behavioral ?'s. He told me that I had the job at the end of the interview and went over some hiring procedures.

Interview Question – What would you consider to be your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Entering into any sales floor position, you should be making around $8/hour. If they suggest lower, negotiate for higher wages. I didn't negotiate because I was just happy to get a job starting at $7.25/hour.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples Furniture Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees and interview candidates.