Staples

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples.

Easy and fast. Very painless, and everyone was nice. Met with several people in the same day. Was asked about my background, and nothing too severe. This is the way interviewing goes at this organization.I received an offer in a couple of days and a start date 2 weeks out. Had to go through a week and a half of training which was based primarily on operating systems, and the company history. Again, easy.

Interview Questions
    • Easy and fast. Very painless, and everyone was nice. Met with several people in the same day. Was asked about my background, and nothing too severe. This is the way interviewing goes at this organization.   Answer Question

Principal Quality Automation Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Staples.

A call from recruiter and then got interviewed with hiring manager/two team members.. no technical questions asked. All questions were related to my background and what i want to do..

After that no communications.. i even asked in the email but recruiter never replied to the email.. at least they could tell me the decision,

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in new technologies. Do you like working with big teams or small teams.   View Answer

Copy and Print Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

I applied online and the process was about 1 week. I was called for an interview with the assistant store manager then a few days later I had an interview with the store manager. I received a call that same week with a job offer for the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly easy. I was asked about sales experience and my education background. As long as you have examples from previous employers you should do okay. I was also shown some examples of print work and I was asked to point out some mistakes that may have been made during production.   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples.

Filled out application online. I hadn't heard back from them within two weeks, so I walked into store and asked for a manager. When they directed me to apply online, I stated that I did. Once they confirmed that I actually did send in the application, we established an interview for the next day. Interviewed two with two different managers. Each time was really basic questions (it was my first job and they knew that) and focused on my ability to learn and remain open minded. I was hired during the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for somebody   Answer Question

Program Account Manager - Furniture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in February 2015.

Initial contact via email from HR recruiter approximately one week after application, followed by brief interview with recruiter the next day. Set an appointment for phone interview with would-be manager, who then set an in-person interview with manager and regional sales director later that week. During that interview a job offer was made.

Background check was required for hire, but no pre-employment chemical screening.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite job you've had so far? Why? Why don't you work there any more?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Had a phone interview for about 20 Minutes. The woman interviewing me asked questions about previous sale jobs I had. Just be prepared to give specific examples. The person interviewing me said I would be great, and I should be hearing from the manager at the specific location I applied to by the end of the week and I never did. Really unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

The hiring process was quick. There was an initial call with the sales manager to see if we would be a fit for one another. Basic behavior questions that demonstrate attitude and activity. The next step was an in person interview. Much of the same was asked in the portion of the interview - a few more questions about experience that would be considered relevant. I was invited to shadow a current rep for a day. That went well and I was invited for the final interview. In all I met with three different people and was given the position.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly straight forward questions to see if you are willing to do the work.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone, moved on to a 1 on 1 interview and after that I did a ride along. Position was filled before I moved on to final step.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

interview was not hard very standard questions, you will also have a ride along with a b2b in your area, and you will have to put on a presentation of why they should hire you

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Overall, it was a very easy interview. I was called four days after I applied and got an interview scheduled at the store with who I assume is the manager. I'm not 100% sure about his title because after the interview, he went to talk to someone of what seemed to be similar authority. The interview itself took around ten minutes. At the end I was asked if I had any questions of my own. After that settled, my interviewer left to talk to someone else, and when he came back, I was told that I had to go through a background check, and if that came back clean, I would get a call and we could do paperwork and talk about pay. The check was supposed to take around two to three days, but on the fourth day, I decided to call the store because I hadn't heard back. I was told that the check was pulled up that morning and he was getting ready to call me anyways. He told me that I could come the next day to fill out paperwork.

Overall, the interview was really easy. I was asked basic questions about my prior experience, and the volunteer work I had done. I was told that there would be some selling where I would try to get people to purchase color prints instead of black & white. In the end, there were no questions out of the ordinary, they all seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was told what I would make based on prior experience. I ended up with a fairly low pay since this was my first job and I had minimal experience in the field.