Staples

534 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk, Salesfloor Interview

Clerk, Salesfloor

I applied online and interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – The process is not that long, but expect multiple interviews. The managers are nice and hoping to find people that fit the environment They will ask about your background, previous jobs or employment. What position you would want to go into and why.

Interview Question – why did you choose staples? Some people may want to think about this, I was prepared for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is for the clerk position, I originally applied for technology department, I answered questions and got approval, but I was not 18 yet. I do not believe this job is negotiable, as it is a part time hourly wage. They will have a working period to see if you are good enough. eventually pay will bump by 30 cents or so.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview Details – Instead of applying to the company directly, I was sent to a third party service for screening and pre-training. Once you complete the "pre-training" (which was really just company orientation materials), there's an assessment test. Then you may or may not get an email from the store manager. If you do get an email from the store manager and follow up promptly, they may not return the courtesy.

Attempting to speak with someone in store was also frustrating. I had to wait 15 minutes to speak with a manager who told me they would call to set up an interview. Call they did, and the interview was set. I arrived at the scheduled time only to find that the interviewing manager had thought the interview an hour later and I was made to wait (thankfully not the full hour).

The manager who interviewed me seemed like a genuine, if overworked individual. The interview went well until the manager revealed that he required a completely open availability and that the position would not exceed 25 hours.

Interview Question – There was an automated phone interview.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter after I felt the position fit what I was looking for. After that I had a phone interview with a District Sales Manager, then spoke with two different account managers. Had an informal interview with a Regional Manager and from there another District Sales Manager. As of now I am still waiting on hearing an offer which should be made relatively soon. We will see.

Interview Question – Scenario based questions. What I would do in a certain situation.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – once your application (online) is submitted, if qualified , first phone interview, then 1 person to person interview,
then district manager interview, and finally HR interview.
the entire process from interview to on boarding, taken no more than 30 days , also depend upon the need in each market.

Interview Question – describe your strength and weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Staples will factor in the amount of your related experience, in to salary calculation.

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on career website, a few days later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview and was then asked to come in person to apply for the job. I was interviewed by two employees, one at a time and then together. They told me that the atmosphere at Staples is cutthroat and very demanding..

Interview Question – How would you respond to negativity in the office?
What are your strengths & weaknesses?
How would you handle people not getting you the resources/information you need to do your job?
Why are you interested in working at Staples?
Why did you apply for the Product Specialist position?
  Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst II Interview

Senior Financial Analyst II
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Took 3 weeks.
HR phone round - formailty

In-person rounds with 2 Sr. Manager, and 2 Directors

Mostly behavioral, and some typical finance questions thrown in.

My Advice: Exemplify your work and if they like your earlier work, that shall prove you can add value immediately and they would like you more

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.

Some behavioral questions were tricky, since one director played a rapid-fire question round. Asked almost 25 different questions in 40 mins.

Looking back at your career, what is the one thing you most regret.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Confidential

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Auburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Got a call and came in to be interviewed by two people, the manager and the tech supervisor, both at separate times. It was a pretty smooth process and I did not find it to be intimidating at all. The questions they ask were answerable and yeah it was a pretty pleasant process. Was not provided with the wage I was suppose to get until later on in the hiring process. I think it was a way to skip out on negotiating a wage.

Interview Question – Putting you on the spot to answer questions about your knowledge of everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't even have a chance during the interview. Later on in the process I was just given one...

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – Was invited in to Framingham HQ to meet with several people for interviews. Everyone was pretty much on time, was prepared, and was very professional except for one. Unfortunately, it was the first person who interviewed me, and it set me up to have to try to like the place after that. I nearly got up and left the interview because of how I was being talked down to and demeaned by the interviewer. I asked some conversation starting questions since we were having lunch, and the interviewer answered with "yes", "no", "it depends." Then said, "Sorry, I'm just answering like you've asked the question. Maybe you'd like to try asking it again." We were having a casual conversation over lunch for crying out loud! Then I was asked, "Why do you think I say "it depends"?" I answered, and was told, "no, that's not why...why do you think I say "it depends"?" Oh brother. I'm not there to be treated like a child.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for Staples (given that they are a shrinking company in a dying industry)?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This company is behind the curve when it comes to their industry. They are struggling to have a future, and yet while I was there I saw construction going on to build a nice new gym for the employees. Didn't seem to have a sense of urgency about them.

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Technical Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Applied online. Very quick and simple interview. Only 2-3 questions. Finished in about 15 minutes. I was asked to describe myself and why i would be good for the job.

Interview Question – Interviewer started with tell me about yourself in 10 minutes and why i should hire you.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews, reviewed resume and followed up with questions with regards to my capabiliites in sales, along with computer skills and customer background within the industry.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!