Staples Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

This was a wonderful interview process. Don't get me wrong, it was not easy. I had a phone interview with the first recruiter, then a second phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a sit down interview with the sales manager, then another interview with a power point presentation and another sit down interview with the director of sales. They were great, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest goal you've ever set for yourself and achieved?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Get online, fill out online application. Receive call for an interview. Go into the store for an interview. Do background check. Do assessment quiz. Watch videos and have orientation. Wait for a call back. Get a call back. Get offered the job. Start the job. Get my uniform and begin my training,

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

it sucked

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

It was a sit down one on one interview. In the interview they when through what the company was about its main goals; along with what type work you would be doing. The company does mention how focus they towards customer service. All and all the interview process is very positive and up beat.

Interview Questions

• What do you think sets you apart from other people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

just an offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Staples (Livermore, CA).

Interview

I was hired by anoither company and the training manager was going to go work for Staples. They were looking for store manager. After not liking the company I was working for, I contacted that store manager. I had a basic over the phone interview with a recruiter and District manager. After that I met in person with other candidate's waiting at their regional office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us in this industry?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Friendly and comfortable interviews. They asked relevant and straightforward questions and answered my questions in a clear manner. Held 2 telephone interviews with HR and 2 face to face interviews. They were punctual and adhered to interview appointment. HR contacted me within 3 days of initial application. Entire process lasted 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would i handle an upset customer who feels he/she has not received good service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples (New Haven, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call withing a week, and was invited in for an interview. Both the managers sat in the room and asked general question that were related to the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was looking for an item and you didn't know anything about this specific item. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations phases, the minimum wage is 9.75 in my state so that was good enough for me.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an phone interview and a face-to-face interview the following day. Upon my arrival to the facility I was given a tour by the manager who showed me the process and emphasized on the importance of accountability. I had the interview right after.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Roseville, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about two weeks later, did a interview first with a supervisor and then a second one with the store manager. Had to interview on two separate days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Staples? Tell me about your past work experiences? What could you bring to the company? Do you have any experience in sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples (Hamden, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a few days later. The interview was more of him talking about the company and what they were looking for. We did joke around a lot and he told me that he liked my personality so I was sure that I was going to get the job. Then he said he would let me know by Wednesday or Thursday and 90% of the time when an employer says that it means they don't want you. So as you can guess I never heard back from him.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call several days later. Came in for an interview two says after that and was very impressed. Interviewer was very friendly and open. Questions were tailored to who I was and what I have done in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked if there was a minimum hourly pay I would need to accept the job. I didn't have much leverage or experience at that point so I asked for the standard starting pay of 8.00 an hour