Staples Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.3

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

General manager called and asked me for an interview for that same week. Met two managers during the interview. Asked simple interview questions, making sure I was going to be able to handle the copy and print center.

Interview Questions
    • "What does customer service mean to you?" Asked about availability.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples.

I didnt have one. They just hired me and filled out my paperwork. I walked in ready to sit down and speak with a manager but it never happened. They are too lazy to talk to people before hiring them. The place is going under for a reason. I hated every second of my life as a Staples Associate. Biggest mistake of my life.

EasyTech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Cove, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Cove, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

The interview process was very easy. I applied for the position online then followed up with a couple phone calls over the next two weeks to check on my application status. I was called in for an interview that lasted about fifteen minutes - just the general manager asking very basic questions about my previous experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Probably the worst interviewing experience in the IT industry. It took over 3 months of setting up interviews with different teams and individuals, on the phone and in person. The internal recruiter is nice however the requirements and needs for the position were not articulated and coordinated internally and with the recruiter. Majority of executives were late or cancelled at the last minute showing complete disrespect for the candidate and candidate's time. Those were very hard to reschedule. One of the executives who participated in the interview told that he is not sure why this interview even takes place. It was hard to keep interest in the role knowing it would have such challenges from the get go. I know Staples is considered a company with good culture but it would not be obvious to the person based on the interviewing experience within IT department.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of questions were asked about previous experience and skill set need to fulfil the role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

I arrived 15 minutes early, told someone at the Easy Tech counter that I was there for an interview at 2:30. Someone else was there for an interview at the same time as me. I waited my turn. The manager came out, shook my hand, and walked me back to the employee break area. He asked me zero questions, described the job that were hiring for (which was differemy from what I applied for) and told me they would call me.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked zero questions. It was all very laid back.   Answer Question

Staples Easy Tech Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

It was a one time interview, background check required, very straight forward and getting personal is a strong asset. I applied online and visited the store personally, met with managers and got a call for the next day, was hired within a week, having experience and knowledge about the company and the work field sped up the process. It's a one on one interview, dress well, don't get nervous and come in prepared.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you over anyone else?   View Answer

Easy Tech Associste Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples.

Applied online, got a call about a week later. Had two interviews in one session, one with the department head and the other with the gm. Both were very friendly, and had general questions. The gm and I talked computers for about 30 minutes, and I was told they would call me back within the week, which they did.
    I have no formal tech experience, but lots of retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. You should have both tech and sales experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, hired in part-time at $9.15 an hour.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to schedule a call after applying online. My call lasted about an hour and the recruiter passed my information along to the Area Manager. I was contacted that same day to schedule a face to face interview the following week. My face to face interview went great and I was offered a position as a B2B Sales Specialist that same day. Everything happened very quickly, but the company knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't close a sale and what did you learn from that.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and they increased the initial offer.

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

It was laid back, very easy questions, nothing to stress about. Its canned question given. Dress casual professional. I was happy at first with the management but they got a new manager that turned the place to total chaos. I cannot stress more to tell those considering applying to copy center not to! It's a nightmare. You will be drained!

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work here? what is customer service mean to you? what would your previous employer say about you? what did you do at each of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Copy Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples.

I was interviewed by the head manager & another assistant manager. They were very nice but the head manager was a bit intimidating... He didn't really smile much and he got straight to the point. I had to break him a little by commenting on a pic of his daughters.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why I wanted to work there and how long I wanted to stay for   Answer Question