Staples Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an phone interview and a face-to-face interview the following day. Upon my arrival to the facility I was given a tour by the manager who showed me the process and emphasized on the importance of accountability. I had the interview right after.

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Overall the interview was very easy; they didn't ask any unusual questions so that was a big relief.
    The only unfortunate situation that happened during this whole process is it took way longer than expected to see if I'd get the job or not.

I originally had an interview earlier this year and was suppose to be called back within a week or two of that interview, but because the general manager left abruptly they could no longer continue with the hiring process. So, I had to continually call over two months just so they wouldn't forget about me and eventually be interviewed by another manager once they decided to start their hiring process again....

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had four people all waiting to be serviced? How would you handle that situation making sure you acknowledge all of them.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Interview with HR
    Interview with Sales Manager
    Interview with Sales Director
    Virtual presentation on why I am the right fit for the position with Sales Manager, Director, and Regional VP of Sales
    Heard back with offer within a few days of last presentation

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on working on your new book of business?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Process was that I was first called to do a brief interview at the store. Call was made soon and was made within 2 weeks of applying online. Online application includes a survey and basic history. Questions were basic and average about experience, availability, and scenarios. Follow-up interview is required if you pass that first interview. Average experience in applying.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

I filled out an application online, received a call a week later, interviewed with the assistant manager. Then the store manager interviewed you, but it was shorter. They don't do anything over the phone except for calling you to organize the time.

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

First, all employees get screened online with a behavioral survey. The manager told me I was actually one of the few that passed with "green." He also interviews people who pass with "yellow." If you've ever worked for retail, just imagine that you are the perfect employee following your previous company's guidelines and you'll pass. Otherwise a Google the answers.

The actual interview was straightforward, they're just standard questions, nothing creative.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Staples (Orem, UT).

Interview

Never got one, applied online, called for a follow up, received a no thank you email 2 minutes later of phone call? Not even enough time to read my application, never meet anyone in person! Do you not want to know who you are hiring anymore? Or is it just the person reviewing mood when you call! She obviously did not look at anything.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples (Bradenton, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

asked repeatedly why staples just in different form of words. very condescending when speaking to you and the work/life balance ethic was very shallow.had no interest in self goals other than how long you planned being at the company. tried to wager my availability as if it was a pawn for the job which was a bit confusing because my availability was clearly on the application and it was not constricted much.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week and a half later. The store manager called me in for an interview. It was quite good and not particularly challenging. I made it a point to mention my technology skills and aptitude for customer service. It was clearly a large part of the online application so, I wanted to make it known that customer service was my main focus. Happy customers mean happy manager.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you about your job?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples (Braintree, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got scheduled for an interview the following day (that was fast). Here's some hint, they'll scrutinize your previous experience in retail business thoroughly. My experience was in food service, thus I was told during the interview that I'm not fit for their requirements.