Staples Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Went through two interviews. Hired on the second. Process was pretty standard. Typical interview questions were asked. I think it wasn't long before I was called back for the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Easy Tech Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Not much to say the manager took me back into his office and ask me questions about my previous employment, hobbies, etc. It was really laid back interview. That was 17 years ago now there isnt much of an interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• He ask me to sell him a computer. (role play)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

This was a wonderful interview process. Don't get me wrong, it was not easy. I had a phone interview with the first recruiter, then a second phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a sit down interview with the sales manager, then another interview with a power point presentation and another sit down interview with the director of sales. They were great, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest goal you've ever set for yourself and achieved?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Well mine may have been somewhat different than what normally takes place. First I went to a career fair where I got an interview on the spot which lasted about 10 minutes. After this I had to take two short assessments online in order for the company to see if I would be a good fit for the company. After that, there I had to shadow one of the business consultants to see how a regular day would be if I was offered the job. After that you have to present a comprehensible presentation as to why you believe you would be a good fit in the B2B Sales position.

Remote Technical Support - Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Florence, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied at staples.com by filling out their career profile and uploaded resume to profile. I selected positions available I had interest in; I applied for Operations Manager and Remote Technical Support. The recruiter called and did a short phone interview and scheduled an intervew on site with OPs Manager.

Interview Questions

• While performing your job an issue arrises and you don't know what do you, how do to find the solution? List the following in order you would refer to: ask co-worker, consult knowledge base, ask Manager, use search provider i.e. Google.   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was about a 90 minute interview - 30 minutes with three separate individuals. Two were in the position of buying, one in the current position. They were great to met and talk with, gave me tons of information but by the end I was certainly a little overloaded and forgot to ask when I would hear back. Interviewing 101.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Leominster, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

So I applied a couple of months ago and I for a call back about a week ago, we set up an interview and about 2 days later I went in, he took me to his office and he just talked about everything, how the company was, stuff about him, policies, etc. He didn't ask me ANY questions at all, the only question he asked me was "what is your favorite store", he talked the entire time told me he'll give me a shot and if I would like to proceed and I accepted. I'm still waiting for my background check to be done and him to call me to come in for paperwork!

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Get online, fill out online application. Receive call for an interview. Go into the store for an interview. Do background check. Do assessment quiz. Watch videos and have orientation. Wait for a call back. Get a call back. Get offered the job. Start the job. Get my uniform and begin my training,

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

it sucked

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Staples (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

It was a sit down one on one interview. In the interview they when through what the company was about its main goals; along with what type work you would be doing. The company does mention how focus they towards customer service. All and all the interview process is very positive and up beat.

Interview Questions

• What do you think sets you apart from other people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

just an offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples (Livermore, CA).

Interview

I was hired by anoither company and the training manager was going to go work for Staples. They were looking for store manager. After not liking the company I was working for, I contacted that store manager. I had a basic over the phone interview with a recruiter and District manager. After that I met in person with other candidate's waiting at their regional office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us in this industry?   1 Answer