Staples B2B Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

This was a wonderful interview process. Don't get me wrong, it was not easy. I had a phone interview with the first recruiter, then a second phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a sit down interview with the sales manager, then another interview with a power point presentation and another sit down interview with the director of sales. They were great, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest goal you've ever set for yourself and achieved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Well mine may have been somewhat different than what normally takes place. First I went to a career fair where I got an interview on the spot which lasted about 10 minutes. After this I had to take two short assessments online in order for the company to see if I would be a good fit for the company. After that, there I had to shadow one of the business consultants to see how a regular day would be if I was offered the job. After that you have to present a comprehensible presentation as to why you believe you would be a good fit in the B2B Sales position.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples in July 2015.

Interview

First begins with a phone interview asking very general questions if they are interested they will send you an email regarding a webcam interview with another manager in the east coast. The last step involves you going to the the actual corporation and having a one to one interview with branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any past sales experience and if so go in detail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The process can be long as compared to others. The role has a high turn over rate so they want to evaluate fit within the organization to ensure that you will last. It was a friendly process but it can be long and standardized.

Outside B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a 4-step interview process. The first step was a phone interview, then an in-person interview followed by a ride-along and then a final interview with a slide show presentation. The first step was with the head of the regional HR department. The second step was an in-person interview with the local sales manager. The third step was a ride-along with a salesman, this included two client meetings. The final step was a powerpoint presentation for the sales manager and his regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Why do you want to work for Staples?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone, moved on to a 1 on 1 interview and after that I did a ride along. Position was filled before I moved on to final step.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

interview was not hard very standard questions, you will also have a ride along with a b2b in your area, and you will have to put on a presentation of why they should hire you

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Process is sort of long, but great practice. Gave plenty of time to continue to learn about the company. The recruiter was very understanding and thorough with her questions. Was told I would hear within 3 days, and I heard the next day.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather work in an environment where competition is encouraged or work on your own?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in January 2015.

Interview

4-5 phone interviews. The managers were all very friendly. Asked great questions. Nothing to hard. Just really want to see what your personality and work ethic is like. They have a great company culture and look to hire/promote from within. It looks great on your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Lombard, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Waste of time. First spoke with a talent acquisition specialist for a phone screening to see if my experience and resume align with the job posting. After that conversation, a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for a couple days later. After speaking with the area hiring manager for a half hour, she invited me to an in person interview a couple days later. In person interview went very well, and it seemed like everything was going great. I was asked to do a ride along with a current rep. This ride along was about 30 minutes away from me, and I was to spend a couple hours seeing what a consultant does. The entire day from leaving my house to coming back took about 4 hours. I was engaged, asked questions, and mingled well with the consultant. He mentioned he would give a positive review and recommendation to the hiring manager, and I would hear from her shortly. 4 days later, and not hearing back from them, I'm seeing a couple reviews posted on here about b2b consultant reps getting offers. I'm wondering if it's for the same location and if they were just wasting my time. Sure enough, this morning I get a generic e-mail from the original talent acquisition rep stating a cop out excuse of my qualifications not aligning with the role. So this couldn't have been established in the initial 30 minute phone screen? It required 2 more interviews, and a 4 hour ride along to use that excuse? Very unprofessional. Good thing I have interviews lined up for better companies. Run Run Run, don't waste your time.