Staples

Getting the Interview

478 candidate interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – The interview was very interesting and they were very friendly. Go in with a resume and also don't forget to bring a pen and paper. . . lots o f education is necessary for these positions and math skills are a plus

B2B Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I was referred to Staples by a current employee. I was then contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview who asked basic questions about previous employment and work behavior. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. From there I was asked to do a ride along. After the ride along I was asked to prepare a powerpoint presentation for a second interview. I was not offered the position at the end.

Interview Question – 3 times I was asked to give an example of a time when I set a goal for myself and failed.   Answer Question

EasyTech Associate Interview

EasyTech Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position, was called a couple days later asking for a in person interview. It was group based as when I arrived there were multiple others waiting as well to be interviewed. You just wait to be called to the back, which I was called into the managers office. Was asked multiple questions, many being situation questions as well as why I wanted to work for them and some were to attempt to test me on my knowledge of technology and how certain things work.

Interview Question – All were pretty basic generic interview questions that many employers ask along with some questions being specific about things computers and how they work. Ex. What does RAM mean? What should you do if you get a blue screen error? Etc.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – they found me on the website and set up a phone interview for the first.

Interview Question – -N/A-   View Answer

B2B Interview

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – HR phone interview, 1hr in office interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – Why Staples   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Copy Center Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Called in, asked about previous employment and reason for leave. Told me about the wage and responsibilities. I told them what i did before and about school and some of my expertise. Then they said I'm good to go after a background check which takes 3 day. 3rd day and still waiting.

Interview Question – What was my previous work, and my responsibilities?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – I got offered the Sales Manager position so I did not interview for this position.

Interview Question – I didn't have an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Applied for an hourly job online at my local Staples and got an email to come in for an interview at a different Staples farther away. Went to the interview, they ONLY want people available a week after Labor Day.

Interview Question – Only 1 question given to be due to nonavailability to work: Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Two phone screens with HR. Interview with hiring manager. Called in for sit down interview with Director.
3 days later was told not right fit.
2 days later was told wait, we think you can be what we want.

Interview Question – Tell us a project that went wrong and how did you handle it after with management?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't get good feel they knew what wanted plus felt like 1st candidate turned them down (probably same reason) and now they didn't want go through motions of new interview candidates.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process at Staples is pretty standard.

It begins with a phone screen/interview with an HR representative whom you will never meet. The conversation will consist of your current and past experiences, as well as your current pay range. If they believe you are a good fit for an onsite interview, they will schedule you for 1st rounds very quickly. The 1st round will likely consist of meeting with a Director, as well as a few managers. If you get the green light from round 1, there will be a final round with those more closely to your specific role and team/function. After the final round, an initial offer will be presented that will not be very competitive in the current market. You should utilize this opportunity to negotiate for a more competitive salary package.

As far as the people, they were smart and personable. The culture was very corporate and felt rigid. The buildings/campus were very large, and the floors, offices, and cubicles looked outdated and stale. They do have a good cafeteria onsite which will be a bonus because nothing else is nearby for food.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions of:
1) What are your current and past experiences?
2) Why are you looking to leave?
3) Why do you want to work at Staples?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation was less than desirable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples interview questions and advice. All 478 interview reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees and interview candidates.