Staples

Average Difficulty
532 candidate interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Applied for an hourly job online at my local Staples and got an email to come in for an interview at a different Staples farther away. Went to the interview, they ONLY want people available a week after Labor Day.

Interview Question – Only 1 question given to be due to nonavailability to work: Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – I got offered the Sales Manager position so I did not interview for this position.

Interview Question – I didn't have an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR and then 1:1 interview with sales mgr and 3 panel interview after that with a full presentation

Interview Question – Give situation where you had to say "no" to a deal? what happened?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was not what I expected

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier Interview

Cashier
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – It was a fairly straightforward experience. I walked in, saw they were hiring. I was asked to submit a resume online. They called a couple of weeks later.

Interview Question – They used a lot of hypothetical interview questions, like "what would you do if you saw a customer stealing". That kind of thing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little more when I started. I was told that if I worked out, I'd get a small increase after my 90 day review.

EasyTech Associate Interview

EasyTech Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I applied to the store in my area for the EasyTech associate job. I called to check up on my application and was asked to come in the following day for an interview, because of the recommendations the assistant manager received (only manager in the store during my first few months.) He asked about my experience working with customers in my previous jobs, and about my experience working on-site in a customers home during my time with my previous job. He then put me through a couple of scenarios with selling, and discussed my experience in technology repair.

Negotiation Details – The negotiations we not flexible at all, did not get as much as I wanted, and received only minimum wage .

Vice President Marketing Interview

Vice President Marketing

Interview Details – 4 interviews

Interview Question – why did you leave ur last position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary

Copy Center Associate Interview

Copy Center Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Called in, asked about previous employment and reason for leave. Told me about the wage and responsibilities. I told them what i did before and about school and some of my expertise. Then they said I'm good to go after a background check which takes 3 day. 3rd day and still waiting.

Interview Question – What was my previous work, and my responsibilities?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I applied online and went in to the store after 3-5 days and asked to talk to the hiring manager he was very nice but extremely busy I told him I applied and wanted to know the status of my application he called me within 3 days and set up an interview the interview was held in two parts the first was personal and just asking why I wanted a job and such then the other manager interviewed me in another part of the store about 5 days after the interview they called me and ask if I was still interested in a job with staples

Interview Question – why do you want to work at staples   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – Passed the online application. I met with the assistant manger. We talked for a little bit about what would be expected of me. Then the GM came in and interviewed about my previous jobs and possible situations.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or surprising question.   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Operation Manager

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – This was a position that was an internal posting i had previously been initially hired and was awaiting final approval at the VP level to be later have the position be eliminated. I then took another internal Staples Promotional opportunity at a Staples Distribution Center. Upon discovering the position listed on an internal website for jobs and seeking approval from my immediate manager and HR manager up loaded my resume. From there I was involoved in 2 phone screeen / interviews with the Staples Recruiter for Fulfillment. After being remmeded for the next step on interviews i was set up later to interview on a panel of the Senior leadership team I was to be joining with the HR manager. The interview question were in not particular order just in a round robin format with questions based of the information or answers I provided.

Interview Question – The most difficuly question was how the compare the differences in leadership and operations of the two sides of the business I had be exposed to.   Answer Question

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!