Staples Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.3

EasyTech Associate Interview

Two different interviews with the General Manager and the Sales Manager. Was hired on the spot after the second interview.Went in for training the following week and began working the next day.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples.

Applied and was called a few days later, went in. Interview was for 15 minutes. Got called a week later and was hired. Did a background check and started training right away.

Interview Questions
    Was offered more than I had asked.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Staples.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by corporate recruiter. The interview went fine and she was very professional. I was contacted about one week later by the hiring manager setting up a phone interview. I was prepared and ready. I had the experience, acumen and drive I knew they were looking for and I felt confident this would go well. Guess what? it went terrible! From the start I got the impression the hiring manager was "checking" the box with his questions. I tried several times to get him to laugh or offer his vision for this position and the only answers I got were "cool" and "o.k". I also got the feeling I knew more about how to do this job than him. I believe he had made up his mind way before our call and it turned out to be 20 minutes of my life I will never get back. He told me at the end of our call that he was in no rush to fill this opening and he was taking his time to make sure the candidate fits with the current team. Those words was the nail in my coffin LOL! I sent the standard thank you email to him and after about a week with nothing not even a "buzz off" I reached out to the recruiter (who reached out to him I'm sure) for feedback and was sent the standard "your skills don't match what we want...blah blah blah".

Interview Questions
    • Was not asked one difficult question. Was not asked to discuss sales strategy or how to go about reaching decision makers or how to turn customers into power sponsors. I got scripted questions with no feedback from the hiring manager. His mind was made up prior to the interview.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples in September 2014.

Applied in Mid August, got the call september 1st. Laid back interview, manager was aiight and we got along, it was pretty friendly and loose, not a structured question intensive interview.

no negotiation.

Easy Tech Expert/Tech Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in October 2011.

Two interviews in same day. One with new gm, other with gm from a local store and third with district manager. This was for a new store they were looking to staff.

Interview Questions
    • Gm of store I was applying for stated "retail sucks but yet here we are. No one wakes up saying I want to work retail. How do you deal with working retail?"   View Answer
    New gm called me three times before I accepted the offer. In old him my minimum amount and he gave it to me.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples in November 2013.

Initially I got no response from the store I applied to. After calling them a week afterwards, to ask the next step in the process they told me they were not looking for new employees at that time. I was told they would have the information on file.

Called again the next month and got an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was being argumentative about the price of a specific product, what would you do to solve the situation?   View Answer

Resident Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples.

Relaxed interview. Mostly they want to know if you have basic knowledge of computers and ability to sell additional items with electronics. There is also a test they have you take that makes you "certified" meaning you will be qualified to work on computers

Interview Questions
    • What was a past conflict with coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    There was a bit of room in wages, not much.

Staples Copy & Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Two interview, each had standard questions, One with the supervisor and one with the hiring manager. The supervisor asked standard questions, and after a week called you to set up an interview with the hiring manager.

Nothing, I asked for flexible hours which was agreed on

Sales Associate Interview

The process was standard of most retail stores. They look for certifications and/or cash handling experience when deciding best fit. I was offered another position after discussing my abilities. Pay for this company is difficult and is set in a range of averages. You should be prepared to know what you want coming in or you will get the short end of the stick. Though I felt more qualified then the people working there, it is still important we show respect to our seniors.

Interview Questions
    • Why is staples the place you chose to work? This is a standard question for most retailers but again this is were you can shine and show that you really do wan't to work here. At least we would hope you wan't to work here.   Answer Question

Little room for pay negotiation at many of these places.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Staples in November 2013.

phone interview, interview with ASM, job shadow, interview with panel or other B2Bs. Its a long process but i understand why as it is not built for everyone. They want to make sure you have what it takes and they give you a real preview of job.

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to go through several interviews and challenged on why you are it   Answer Question
    good

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!