Staples

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.3

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in January 2014.

4 steps:

1) 1 hour phone interview
    2) 30 min face to face interview with sales manager
    3) 40 min face to face interview with sales manager and regional director
    4) A ride along with manager

Promised me a follow up the following week after ride along... received no reply or call... maybe at least a courtesy email would be nice.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Staples in February 2014.

This was an in perosn interview. The questions are pretty standard. They ask you about you past work experience. The ask about why you want to work at staples. They also ask what you can bring to the table. They ask about your teamwork skills. They have a lot fo standard other questions. These inclsde questions about your strength.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples.

Filled out application online. I hadn't heard back from them within two weeks, so I walked into store and asked for a manager. When they directed me to apply online, I stated that I did. Once they confirmed that I actually did send in the application, we established an interview for the next day. Interviewed two with two different managers. Each time was really basic questions (it was my first job and they knew that) and focused on my ability to learn and remain open minded. I was hired during the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for somebody   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

I applied online and the process was about 1 week. I was called for an interview with the assistant store manager then a few days later I had an interview with the store manager. I received a call that same week with a job offer for the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly easy. I was asked about sales experience and my education background. As long as you have examples from previous employers you should do okay. I was also shown some examples of print work and I was asked to point out some mistakes that may have been made during production.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in June 2014.

A brief interview one on one with a manager,with a bit of a wait till one is available, mainly in the afternoon and then waiting on a background check to be done.

EasyTech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in January 2011.

Very easy looked over resume. Asked a few questions how long I have been using computers for. Even though I applied for the tech position they asked me if I was interested in working in copy center which is actually less money. I accepted the tech job. Don't expect to be given much training at Staples it is either you already know how to do computer work or not. The company does a very poor job in training employees. Essentially they want you to hook up every computer to a third party to fix it.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in January 2015.

Waste of time. First spoke with a talent acquisition specialist for a phone screening to see if my experience and resume align with the job posting. After that conversation, a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for a couple days later. After speaking with the area hiring manager for a half hour, she invited me to an in person interview a couple days later.
    In person interview went very well, and it seemed like everything was going great. I was asked to do a ride along with a current rep. This ride along was about 30 minutes away from me, and I was to spend a couple hours seeing what a consultant does. The entire day from leaving my house to coming back took about 4 hours.
    I was engaged, asked questions, and mingled well with the consultant. He mentioned he would give a positive review and recommendation to the hiring manager, and I would hear from her shortly.

4 days later, and not hearing back from them, I'm seeing a couple reviews posted on here about b2b consultant reps getting offers. I'm wondering if it's for the same location and if they were just wasting my time.

Sure enough, this morning I get a generic e-mail from the original talent acquisition rep stating a cop out excuse of my qualifications not aligning with the role. So this couldn't have been established in the initial 30 minute phone screen? It required 2 more interviews, and a 4 hour ride along to use that excuse?

Very unprofessional. Good thing I have interviews lined up for better companies. Run Run Run, don't waste your time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Staples in January 2015.

I applied online, and was contacted within 3 days for a interview with the manager. It was pretty good. A simple interview just discussing your experience and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • What will your previous supervisor say about you ?
      Is there anything your supervisor told you that you need to improve?
      Why staples?
      What are your career goals?

Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

The hiring process was quick. There was an initial call with the sales manager to see if we would be a fit for one another. Basic behavior questions that demonstrate attitude and activity. The next step was an in person interview. Much of the same was asked in the portion of the interview - a few more questions about experience that would be considered relevant. I was invited to shadow a current rep for a day. That went well and I was invited for the final interview. In all I met with three different people and was given the position.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly straight forward questions to see if you are willing to do the work.   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Had a phone interview for about 20 Minutes. The woman interviewing me asked questions about previous sale jobs I had. Just be prepared to give specific examples. The person interviewing me said I would be great, and I should be hearing from the manager at the specific location I applied to by the end of the week and I never did. Really unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question