Staples Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I applied through their website and got a call after one day. The manager called me but I didn't listen to the voice mail a week later. I called him back and was called in for the interview the next day. Since it was my first job interview I was nervous but it went well. They really want to know about what experience you have and why you want to work at their store.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Staples?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you and a coworker got in a disagreement over a change one of you made?   View Answer
    • What did you do in scenarios where you were late?   Answer Question
    • Would I be comfortable asking customers if they want to join the Rewards Program?   Answer Question
    Damasks

Sales Associate Interview

It really depends on what you are looking to do for the Staples corporation. If you are looking to work inside the store, it is broken down into several areas. Operations Manager, Sales Manager and General Manager are sometimes available after being hired and working up the ranks. If you have these experiences from another company, you might more quickly move into the "Staples" training for either the Operations or Sales Manager. To be a general manager, you often must have held both the Operations and Sales Manager position at one or more Staples.

Interview Questions
    • how do you see yourself growing in the staples workplace   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Transportation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples.

Hr called and set up interview as regular process. called twice for onsite and met 4 different people. Not a tough interview. Pretty easy and asking you what you have done in your career.

If you know basics of SQL and some data base knowledge you will be the hero there. Know how to use excel and basic stuff.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Pretty cheap wages.

Clerk, Salesfloor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Staples.

The process is not that long, but expect multiple interviews. The managers are nice and hoping to find people that fit the environment They will ask about your background, previous jobs or employment. What position you would want to go into and why.

Interview Questions
    • why did you choose staples? Some people may want to think about this, I was prepared for it.   Answer Question
    This is for the clerk position, I originally applied for technology department, I answered questions and got approval, but I was not 18 yet. I do not believe this job is negotiable, as it is a part time hourly wage. They will have a working period to see if you are good enough. eventually pay will bump by 30 cents or so.

Account Manager Interview

I contacted a recruiter after I felt the position fit what I was looking for. After that I had a phone interview with a District Sales Manager, then spoke with two different account managers. Had an informal interview with a Regional Manager and from there another District Sales Manager. As of now I am still waiting on hearing an offer which should be made relatively soon. We will see.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based questions. What I would do in a certain situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples.

once your application (online) is submitted, if qualified , first phone interview, then 1 person to person interview,
    then district manager interview, and finally HR interview.
    the entire process from interview to on boarding, taken no more than 30 days , also depend upon the need in each market.

Interview Questions
    Staples will factor in the amount of your related experience, in to salary calculation.

Director Interview

Was invited in to Framingham HQ to meet with several people for interviews. Everyone was pretty much on time, was prepared, and was very professional except for one. Unfortunately, it was the first person who interviewed me, and it set me up to have to try to like the place after that. I nearly got up and left the interview because of how I was being talked down to and demeaned by the interviewer. I asked some conversation starting questions since we were having lunch, and the interviewer answered with "yes", "no", "it depends." Then said, "Sorry, I'm just answering like you've asked the question. Maybe you'd like to try asking it again." We were having a casual conversation over lunch for crying out loud! Then I was asked, "Why do you think I say "it depends"?" I answered, and was told, "no, that's not why...why do you think I say "it depends"?" Oh brother. I'm not there to be treated like a child.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for Staples (given that they are a shrinking company in a dying industry)?   View Answer

This company is behind the curve when it comes to their industry. They are struggling to have a future, and yet while I was there I saw construction going on to build a nice new gym for the employees. Didn't seem to have a sense of urgency about them.

Senior Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Took 3 weeks.
    HR phone round - formailty

In-person rounds with 2 Sr. Manager, and 2 Directors

Mostly behavioral, and some typical finance questions thrown in.

My Advice: Exemplify your work and if they like your earlier work, that shall prove you can add value immediately and they would like you more

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult.

Some behavioral questions were tricky, since one director played a rapid-fire question round. Asked almost 25 different questions in 40 mins.

Looking back at your career, what is the one thing you most regret.
        Answer Question

Confidential

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Got a call and came in to be interviewed by two people, the manager and the tech supervisor, both at separate times. It was a pretty smooth process and I did not find it to be intimidating at all. The questions they ask were answerable and yeah it was a pretty pleasant process. Was not provided with the wage I was suppose to get until later on in the hiring process. I think it was a way to skip out on negotiating a wage.

Interview Questions
    • Putting you on the spot to answer questions about your knowledge of everything.   Answer Question
    Didn't even have a chance during the interview. Later on in the process I was just given one...

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Applied online. Very quick and simple interview. Only 2-3 questions. Finished in about 15 minutes. I was asked to describe myself and why i would be good for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer started with tell me about yourself in 10 minutes and why i should hire you.   Answer Question