Staples

478 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

B2B Sales Interview

Lombard, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples in February 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, initial in-person with hiring manager, second in person with hiring manager and their manager. You have to do a self sales powerpoint on second interview. Background / drug then offer.

Interview Question – Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Staples EasyTech Associate Interview

Hanover, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Lengthy online application process, you have to call the store several time. They will not call you. I would go to the store after submitting application and see the manager. That may cause them to look at your application and call for an interview. Stay on top of them because they forget.

Interview Question – Nothing to hard, it has been a while, simple questions about you, your personality, and your experience working.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Lead Interview

Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – The interview process was a 3 step process, but it seems as long as you are literate this job is attainable.

Interview Question – How do you handle having to handle many tasks at once?   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – While looking for Staples locations (I needed a clipboard), I noticed that they were opening a new store nearby so I applied right away. It took about a month to get a call, but it finally came.
The woman that called me was very laid back and friendly, but also straight to the point. The interview questions were also very straight to the point, nothing out of left field or that required much thought (to my dismay, as I had carefully meditated on how I would answer any possible question they might throw at me the night before). I think in their case they just really needed to fill a hole and didn't have many applicants to choose from, considering the fact that I was allowed to choose when the interview was held, and that she apologized for something that had happened during the phone call days before without me bringing it up.
After a few questions from both sides, she explained that I would have a morning shift but that I would train at night with their Copy/Print Center expert. She then told me that she would call me after she spoke with her manager and ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Can you build relationships with customers and business owners?   View Answer
  • Given the choice, would you rather make a sale of $1000-2000, or provide good customer service?   View Answer

Tax Manager Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Everything went smoothly despite the fact that I was relocated. The onboarding process left a bit to be desired.

Interview Question – The VP started getting into tax technical items and items about the company's tax structure right away.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked for a range and offered me the bottom of the range with no room for negotiation. It was a fair offer.

Certified Technician Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – applied from website, passed a few tests. Some of them were lost in their system. I passed the test in store after calling inquiring about an interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview, met with im guessing hiring manager or manager. has a short interview. It went really great, he sent me a email to fill out the background check. i waited a couple of days, then was told to come in and do some paperwork and i was hired and start tuesday

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate
Plainfield, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in October 2011.

Interview Details – Half hour personal interview with Distribution Manager.

Interview Question – Do I think I can keep up with the younger employees.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Decided on the spot.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – Aptitude Test/Survey
Call
Face to Face interview in Sandy Springs, GA - immediately could tell the interviewer was a "real character" so I did not pursued employment with the company any further.

Interview Question – The interview was really strange. He asked for me to ask him questions I had then wrote all of them down and then answered all of them in at once. By far the worst interview I have had because the guy was extremely rude.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Resident Easy Tech Interview

Resident Easy Tech
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Staples in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was asked about my experience and at the time I had none. I told the interviewer that I had an A+ certification and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There was only one question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples