Staples

2.3

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irondequoit, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irondequoit, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2014.

This interview was casual, candid and informative. The manager just recently took over the store, and was filling a large number of employees, mostly due to start-of-school turnover. It ran about an hour, and the questions were standard though I did make a point about asking some speculative ones to see how the interviewer answered. I liked the hiring manager's willingness to talk about his own experience and attitudes about internal employee focus. We touched on the future of the company and how the internet was changing the store's capabilities and requirements. We talked about the schedule, the team I'd be working with and the training (which would take place at a different store). This was a positive first impression with a traditional brick and mortar focused company. Customer focus was stressed several times, which is good since that is my mantra.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Staples was the one the manager seemed most interested in. All the questions were easy, I think the manager was most interested in seeing if I was comfortable chatting with a stranger and if my face-to-face attitude matched my personality test profile..   Answer Question

Resident Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Relaxed interview. Mostly they want to know if you have basic knowledge of computers and ability to sell additional items with electronics. There is also a test they have you take that makes you "certified" meaning you will be qualified to work on computers

Interview Questions
    • What was a past conflict with coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    There was a bit of room in wages, not much.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was standard of most retail stores. They look for certifications and/or cash handling experience when deciding best fit. I was offered another position after discussing my abilities. Pay for this company is difficult and is set in a range of averages. You should be prepared to know what you want coming in or you will get the short end of the stick. Though I felt more qualified then the people working there, it is still important we show respect to our seniors.

Interview Questions
    • Why is staples the place you chose to work? This is a standard question for most retailers but again this is were you can shine and show that you really do wan't to work here. At least we would hope you wan't to work here.   Answer Question

Little room for pay negotiation at many of these places.

Picker At Warehouse Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples.

I actually had to go through a staffing agency to get the job. For some reason it was more difficult applying through the company. They were looking for summer help, and it was perfect since it allowed me to earn money for school. They hire summer help every year due to back to school. The interview was quick and I only had to fill out a form, show up, and get briefed by the staffing agency.

Interview Questions
    • None. They just ask you about your previous work experience. This is a warehouse job.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I applied through their website and got a call after one day. The manager called me but I didn't listen to the voice mail a week later. I called him back and was called in for the interview the next day. Since it was my first job interview I was nervous but it went well. They really want to know about what experience you have and why you want to work at their store.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Staples?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you and a coworker got in a disagreement over a change one of you made?   View Answer
    • What did you do in scenarios where you were late?   Answer Question
    • Would I be comfortable asking customers if they want to join the Rewards Program?   Answer Question
    Damasks

EasyTech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Walked into the Interview with almost no expectations of how it would go, seeing as I had just interviewed for the same position at another store near my hometown only a few days earlier and the interviewer there didn't seem to have much experience with interviewing people, so she just told me what was expected of an employee and asked if I was ok with it, but this interview went quite differently. I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited in the front of the store until my interview time and asked a sales associate to be directed to the Assistant Manager (They seem to do the interviewing as far as I can tell) and was taken into his office within a few minutes. The interview was pretty much non-existent and we just talked about Video Games and Batman and he reviewed my resume and pretty much told me that I was good to go and that he would call me later to let me know when to come in to fill out my paperwork and get started.

No negotiation.

Copy Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I applied online and within a few days received a phone call inviting me to come to a hiring fair. Then, I was interviewed in person and offered a part-time job as a cashier instead.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview. The main questions were: Please tell me your strengths. & Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples in August 2014.

I didn't even finish the application process. I was hired around the Back To School time. Thats when the most of the hiring gets done. Back to School is the perfect time to get a job at staples. Its a wonderful environment. Wonderful people to help train me, and guide me though the steps for me to become a better copy and print Associate.

Senior Analyst Transportation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Hr called and set up interview as regular process. called twice for onsite and met 4 different people. Not a tough interview. Pretty easy and asking you what you have done in your career.

If you know basics of SQL and some data base knowledge you will be the hero there. Know how to use excel and basic stuff.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Pretty cheap wages.

Sales Associate Interview

It really depends on what you are looking to do for the Staples corporation. If you are looking to work inside the store, it is broken down into several areas. Operations Manager, Sales Manager and General Manager are sometimes available after being hired and working up the ranks. If you have these experiences from another company, you might more quickly move into the "Staples" training for either the Operations or Sales Manager. To be a general manager, you often must have held both the Operations and Sales Manager position at one or more Staples.

Interview Questions
    • how do you see yourself growing in the staples workplace   Answer Question