Staples

Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified On-Site Technician Interview

Certified On-Site Technician
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in April 2012.

Interview Details – They asked me if I knew anything about computers and I said yes. That's it you got the job. That was the easiest interview I ever had. They didn't test me or anything. I have 15 years computer experience and they just believed it and took it as is. I could have been lying for all they know. Pretty bad interviewers if you ask me.

Interview Question – Just 1 question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said hows 11 sound? I said it sound ok. They said great and I got the job

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lynbrook, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Staples in July 2012.

Interview Details – We met at a job fair where I had the chance to sit down and discuss the position with the manager. He decided I was a good fit and asked me to come to his office in Lynbrook to meet with him. We sat down and he pitched his position to me.

Interview Question – Why was I looking to leave my current company was a pretty tough question for me at the time. It wasn't unfair I just wasn't sure how to answer it at the point I was at in my life. He was fair though and didn't grill me too much about it. Overall it was a positive experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Staples Interview

Sales Associate Staples
Jericho, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in August 2012.

Interview Details – Extensive online application with many job related questions regarding sales and customer service. Took about one hour to complete.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just really negotiated my hours with the manager. I got the interview after receiving a call back from a manager.

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager
Englewood, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met with 4 people before being hired. That was after two screenings with the recruiter. Process too long and drawn out.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Certified On-Site Technician Interview

Certified On-Site Technician
Madison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in March 2013.

Interview Details – All applications are submitted online. You upload a resume and take a personality test. The personality test just tells Staples how willing you are to bend over backwards for them. A day after I submitted my application I was called to schedule my first interview which was with the Assistant Manager. He asked some pretty basic technology questions as well as asked about previous experiences with customers. I was immediately scheduled an interview for an interview with the General manager of the store. This interview was the same as the one with the Assistant Manager. After the interview he had me take a knowledge test. It kind of reminded me of a very outdated A+ exam.

Interview Question – The "hardest" part was the outdated computer knowledge test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You have two options, accept the offer they give you or look for another job.

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate
Montgomery, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in December 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out the application at the warehouse location and got a call back within a week. I showed up and there were 3 other people there. HR was very nice. We had a test that had simple math skills.

Interview Question – Didn't have and interview. Just had a simple math assessment that had to be passed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, the pay was 11.40 and i accepted happily.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in July 2012.

Interview Details – One interview, which is very easy where they ask you how would you contribute to the workplace, and why you chose to work at staples?

Interview Question – What are your future goals/ career aspirations?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Staples in January 2010.

Interview Details – Total of 3 interviews.
Typical interview questions..
Staples is good starting point in your career.. Great job for a college grad!
Hiring process is easy as long you study up on the company

Interview Question – Why should we select you to fill the position over a candidate ?
Why did you decide to interview with us? Talk up Staples and why you are a good fit for the company.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Doesn't matter how long you have been in sales.. everyone starts out with the same salary..

Copy Center Associate Interview

Copy Center Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview Details – In less than a week they called me back. The interview was surprisingly very short, the wait time was about an hour meanwhile the interview was less than 15 minutes. They are also not very organized. A week after my interview I received a call from them and I returned the call and the managers were rude towards me and told me they had not called me. However, the following day they called and left a voicemail saying I was hired but I did not take the job.

Interview Question – The manager kept pressuring me to ask him questions. So have a big list of questions in mind.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The employees especially the manager discouraged me with their rude behavior.

Copy Associate Interview

Copy Associate
Yonkers, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in April 2012.

Interview Details – Filledout an online application. Got a call a few days later. Met with a "Team Supervisor" and washired 2-weeks later.

Reason for Declining – I was taken aback by how seemingly miserable everyone was that worked there. Very bleak, negative, solemn atmosphere.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!