Staples

Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Supplies Associate Interview

Office Supplies Associate

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – The interview is pretty easy. Manager is good person to talk too. very understanding, easy to get along. he ask very simple questions. its like talking to any other person

Fort Pierce, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in March 2014.

Interview Details – The atmosphere was extremely family oriented, relaxed, and professional. Emphasis on customer satisfaction was ingrained into my head. Extremely detailed with the different departments and with hands on interactivity to let the interviewee get to experience the workplace.

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Great Barrington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in February 2010.

Interview Details – First you have to fill out an online application and personality questionnaire. I was told by management to keep trying the "personality quiz" until I passed because sometimes it was "finicky". I eventually passed after three tries. Then sat down with my Sales Manager for 15 mins and was asked about myself, how I deal with stressful situations, my aspirations 5 years in the future and other general questions. I was referred by a friend that had worked there.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe what I saw, from an associate perspective, on managing the floor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had no negotiation on my wage.

Fort Gratiot, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was quickly contacted for an interview about a week after I applied. My initial reaction upon walking into the store was that it was a very relaxed enviroment, and everyone was super friendly. The interview did get interupted a few times as we were interviewing in the furnature pad area and associates and customers kept stopping us for help. I had a second interview a couple days later and was about the same. Upon driving home that same day, i was called back and told i had recieved the job.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question anywhere you apply is "Why staples?" or "Why do you want this position?" You really don't know too much about a particular place unless you research it ahead of time. You don't want to sound like your making everything up, but there is also some uncertainity in answering those questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was just a phone call saying i have been offered the job and my pay rate is set at $7.45. Since then, the pay has gone up.

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Quick

Interview Question – Most of the ridiculous interviewing questions are actually part of the questionnaire when you apply online. They also ask you the same questions over and over with different phrasing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Mostly, they asked me what I thought good customer service was.

Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples in July 2011.

Interview Details – I took a test online and was asked to come in. I brought my resume that was never looked at and was hired.

Interview Question – Are you able to wake up and get to work by 5 am?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You took minimum wage or you didn't take the job.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Staples in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was tedious for a part-time retail position. Three separate interviews with each level of management, really? First interview with OM went well, just basic questions. Second interview with SM was a little tougher, as they focus more on sales related questions, which I had no interest in doing as I was applying for a copy center position. Not to mention the current SM was in charge of the tech department so they proceeded to ask me a multitude of tech-related questions (ie. How would you sell a customer, going on vacation, a camera? What add-ons would you sell?) Really? Again, applying for copy center, not tech. Third interview was a joke with the GM, just wandered around the store as he introduced me to people I would be working under. However, they took over a month to call me asking to start working, I found that a little odd.

Interview Question – Describe to me how you would sell a customer, going on vacation, a camera? What add-ons would you sell?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was young, so I didn't negotiate. But when I did ask the SM what they pay would be he chuckled and answered all condescendingly.

Office Supply Associate

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in May 2012.

Interview Details – Read about the company and benifits and interview process on glassdoor.

Interview Question – None, the questions were very typical.   Answer Question

Office Supply Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Staples in April 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from the manager asking if I could come in for an interview. I went to the interview the next day. The questions were very basic at first. I could tell the manager was just attempting to get a quick overview of me to make sure I was a suitable candidate before asking more detailed questions. The manager then threw a curveball question at me to see how I would deal with it. I must have said the right thing because after this question the interview became lighter. I basically knew I had the job. After the first interview, I had a very brief interview with the general manager. He only asked me about my availability and told me I would hear from them within 24 hours. I got the call that I had received the job a few hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The hourly pay is pretty much set in stone and isn't much more than minimum wage. I wouldn't recommend negotiations because they probably will not get you anywhere.

Office Supply Associate

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in October 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the store, applied, I was very excited when I got called for an interview. I interviewed, it went well. After this I was called again for a second interview. This one went just as well, it also consisted of a performance test of picking out problems in the aisles. I was offered the job, and accepted.

Interview Question – What would you describe as a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples Office Supply Associate interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees and interview candidates.