Staples Office Supply Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples (Spokane, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the assistant manager in person. Basic questions were asked. Was told I would get a call in a few days. I called back two days later and was told nothing was decided, but I was essentially hired. A few days later I got a call saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you overcame a problem with a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Office Supplies Associate Interview

Interview

The interview is pretty easy. Manager is good person to talk too. very understanding, easy to get along. he ask very simple questions. its like talking to any other person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Fort Pierce, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

The atmosphere was extremely family oriented, relaxed, and professional. Emphasis on customer satisfaction was ingrained into my head. Extremely detailed with the different departments and with hands on interactivity to let the interviewee get to experience the workplace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples (Houston, TX).

Interview

Quick

Interview Questions

• Most of the ridiculous interviewing questions are actually part of the questionnaire when you apply online. They also ask you the same questions over and over with different phrasing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mostly, they asked me what I thought good customer service was.

Office Supplies Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milltown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (Milltown, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and filled out personality quiz. 2-3 days later, I got a call to schedule an interview. Sat down with all 3 managers of the store in the furniture section. Mainly behavioral questions and questions about availability. Did not hear back so I stopped in the store and was informed that I was selected and I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had a problem with a customer. How did you resolve it? If you are on cashier and your line begins to get backed up, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Gratiot, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (Fort Gratiot, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

I was quickly contacted for an interview about a week after I applied. My initial reaction upon walking into the store was that it was a very relaxed enviroment, and everyone was super friendly. The interview did get interupted a few times as we were interviewing in the furnature pad area and associates and customers kept stopping us for help. I had a second interview a couple days later and was about the same. Upon driving home that same day, i was called back and told i had recieved the job.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question anywhere you apply is "Why staples?" or "Why do you want this position?" You really don't know too much about a particular place unless you research it ahead of time. You don't want to sound like your making everything up, but there is also some uncertainity in answering those questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was just a phone call saying i have been offered the job and my pay rate is set at $7.45. Since then, the pay has gone up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

I took a test online and was asked to come in. I brought my resume that was never looked at and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to wake up and get to work by 5 am?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You took minimum wage or you didn't take the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Barrington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Great Barrington, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

First you have to fill out an online application and personality questionnaire. I was told by management to keep trying the "personality quiz" until I passed because sometimes it was "finicky". I eventually passed after three tries. Then sat down with my Sales Manager for 15 mins and was asked about myself, how I deal with stressful situations, my aspirations 5 years in the future and other general questions. I was referred by a friend that had worked there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe what I saw, from an associate perspective, on managing the floor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had no negotiation on my wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples (Kansas City, MO) in September 2008.

Interview

Interview process was tedious for a part-time retail position. Three separate interviews with each level of management, really? First interview with OM went well, just basic questions. Second interview with SM was a little tougher, as they focus more on sales related questions, which I had no interest in doing as I was applying for a copy center position. Not to mention the current SM was in charge of the tech department so they proceeded to ask me a multitude of tech-related questions (ie. How would you sell a customer, going on vacation, a camera? What add-ons would you sell?) Really? Again, applying for copy center, not tech. Third interview was a joke with the GM, just wandered around the store as he introduced me to people I would be working under. However, they took over a month to call me asking to start working, I found that a little odd.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how you would sell a customer, going on vacation, a camera? What add-ons would you sell?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was young, so I didn't negotiate. But when I did ask the SM what they pay would be he chuckled and answered all condescendingly.

Office Supply Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in May 2012.

Interview

Read about the company and benifits and interview process on glassdoor.