Staples Product Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Submitted resume, call from HR for first round, took a total of 3 interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples in July 2013.

Applied online on career website, a few days later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview and was then asked to come in person to apply for the job. I was interviewed by two employees, one at a time and then together. They told me that the atmosphere at Staples is cutthroat and very demanding..

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to negativity in the office?
      What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      How would you handle people not getting you the resources/information you need to do your job?
      Why are you interested in working at Staples?
      Why did you apply for the Product Specialist position?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples.

Applied through company's career website, was later contact by phone from a recruiter. Went through a short 10-minute generic interview on the phone with the recruiter. Was called again and asked to come to the HQ for a series of interviews. Individually interviewed with person currently in the role, a merchant in the department, the director of the department, and with the SVP of the division. Each interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about how I thought my previous work experiences would apply to the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question
    They were firm on the salary but was able to negotiate for a slightly higher starting salary.