Staples Product Specialist Interview Questions

3.3

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

First step was an informal interview through a employee referral, then a phone interview with HR. Was asked to come back for another round of interviews with 3 different people. Met with someone in the same position as the one I was applying for, my would be manager and then a director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about being a buyer - which wasn't the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Submitted resume, call from HR for first round, took a total of 3 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online on career website, a few days later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview and was then asked to come in person to apply for the job. I was interviewed by two employees, one at a time and then together. They told me that the atmosphere at Staples is cutthroat and very demanding..

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to negativity in the office?
      What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      How would you handle people not getting you the resources/information you need to do your job?
      Why are you interested in working at Staples?
      Why did you apply for the Product Specialist position?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied through company's career website, was later contact by phone from a recruiter. Went through a short 10-minute generic interview on the phone with the recruiter. Was called again and asked to come to the HQ for a series of interviews. Individually interviewed with person currently in the role, a merchant in the department, the director of the department, and with the SVP of the division. Each interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about how I thought my previous work experiences would apply to the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were firm on the salary but was able to negotiate for a slightly higher starting salary.