Staples SALES MANAGER Interview Questions

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ithaca, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples.

General questions on Customer Service, Sales and P&L Management, General review of Operations procedures and Product Procurement. Examples of Customer service and sales performances and greatest accomplishments. Local connections and events that I was a part of.

No negotiating allowed

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Hiring and interview was easy, as I was known by hiring manager. We had traned for the promotion to sales manager for about a year before the promotion.

Interview was straight forward, we spoke about long and short term goals for the store, then moved onto situation questions regarding employees.

Interview Questions
    • You have a customer who is upset with an associate (employee), how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I was offered a salary and bonus structure. I could accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples in May 2013.

Management was excellent to follow up. I felt in the loop. HR is slow to respond though.

Interview Questions
    • If you do not get this position, what are your plans next?   View Answer

Persona;

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rialto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rialto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Staples in April 2009.

HR recruiter calls for phone interview, then interview with District Manager. If you are chosen, then HR sends a letter confirming salary and starting date.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness and how did you develop that?   View Answer
    salary negotiation may be challenging but experience and education should justify the number

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Staples in November 2011.

Pretty basic, just wanted to know if I had personal experience selling, and if I could train others to do so. Asked about ability to sell protection plans. Asked about technology experience and if I knew computers.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of selling a service plan to a customer.   Answer Question
    Wasn't one.They threw out a number and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Staples in April 2012.

Interview process took months, called and talked to DM often. Had a total of 4 interviews.

Was able to get just under what I asked for, so really not bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Staples in October 2011.

Worst possible interview scenaro. I have applied at multiple locations as I am looking to relocate. I have had 1 call from a recruiter in Wooster. We had a very nice conversation and I thought did very well when she said she thought I would better serve the company by working in the Austin, Dallas area. GREAT! She said she was going to have the Area Manager call me to continue the interview process and that she would call me in no more that 48 hours. 2 weeks later nothing. Either the Recruiter lied up front or the Area Manager isnt doing her job. Either way. Not at all impressed. Very unproffesional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples in June 2011.

Aphone interview with questions that could be found reading my resume. Very cold approach and no much information given about the position offered.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to leave your current job   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Richey, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Richey, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples in January 2011.

Phone interview pretty much normal normal. She said would send district manager an email and he would contact me. The district manager set up an interview and I meet him at a store. We sat in the middle of the furniture section and had the interview. I have over 15 years experience in sales and management but he said he was concerned because I did not have experience in technology. I told him that I enjoyed new things and am a fast learner. he asked me to list in one minute everything I could seel with a laptop. I said security software, extra battery, flash memory, screen cleaner, paper, printer, extra ink, blank cd's and or floppy's, cool pad, picture paper. he said not bad but I missed the thumb control, the camara and the carry case. He asked a little about my past but was more concerned because I did not know technology. He said he wanted me to interview with one of his managers and they would contact me. I met with a local store manager and after talking a little it was almost the same. She had a sign in her office that said sales and service and asked what that meant to me. i said it meant make the sale and back up the sale with service wich will add to more sales. she said wrong it meant sell the product and sell the service plan. She asked what would happen if i did not have an answer and had to ask for help. I told her no one knows everything and thats what makes for a great team, everyone works togeather for the good of the store and company. She said I was too much into team building and not strong enough as an salesperson for technology. This company seems like it is going away from supplies and want to get into sales of computers and like items. They are looking for computer salespeople with experience but just not saying that.

Interview Questions
    • name everything you would sell with a laptop in one minute   View Answer
    • what does sales and service mean   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I got offered the Sales Manager position so I did not interview for this position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!