Staples Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Went through two interviews. Hired on the second. Process was pretty standard. Typical interview questions were asked. I think it wasn't long before I was called back for the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Enfield, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Assistant Manager, Personality Assessment, 1:1 interview with Store Manager, drug test and background check. The personality assessment is rather difficult. Take some extra time. The store manager requested I do a short presentation how to sell something. For example, tell me about the features on this printer. Interview lasted about 45 Mins.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience selling computers or printers? How do you approach your customer? Have you ever had a deal with a difficult customer? Are you willing to stand on your feet for long hours at a time? Are you willing to deal with a high-stressful job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Petaluma, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

just basic question on schedule and friendly conversation while explaining on what you plan on doing for the company they also explain how hectic it can get at times very easy interview overall it was a good experience

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Hamden, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back a few days later. The interview was more of him talking about the company and what they were looking for. We did joke around a lot and he told me that he liked my personality so I was sure that I was going to get the job. Then he said he would let me know by Wednesday or Thursday and 90% of the time when an employer says that it means they don't want you. So as you can guess I never heard back from him.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call several days later. Came in for an interview two says after that and was very impressed. Interviewer was very friendly and open. Questions were tailored to who I was and what I have done in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked if there was a minimum hourly pay I would need to accept the job. I didn't have much leverage or experience at that point so I asked for the standard starting pay of 8.00 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week and a half later. The store manager called me in for an interview. It was quite good and not particularly challenging. I made it a point to mention my technology skills and aptitude for customer service. It was clearly a large part of the online application so, I wanted to make it known that customer service was my main focus. Happy customers mean happy manager.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you about your job?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Braintree, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got scheduled for an interview the following day (that was fast). Here's some hint, they'll scrutinize your previous experience in retail business thoroughly. My experience was in food service, thus I was told during the interview that I'm not fit for their requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   2 Answers
    • How do you plan to sell a computer   Answer Question
    • Understand that we don't make much from selling computers, to cover the expenses, we need to sell the insurance. How would you accomplish that   Answer Question
    • Tell me about customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell me about teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arroyo Grande, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Arroyo Grande, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview a couple weeks later. Came in and had a very relaxed interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Told me i did good but would have to talk to other manager on whether or not to hire me because of certain reasons.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Greenville, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied over the weekend and set up an interview for that Monday. I showed up about ten minutes early and told the cashier that I was there for an interview. She called over who I would come to know as a floating manager and while he set up for our interview I talked with her for a little bit; she was extremely nice. The floating manager asked me typical interview questions -- why Staples? and tell me about yourself -- and seemed to like me quite a bit. He was pretty young too, which I think helped. Because he was a floating manager he said he couldn't make the decision to hire me or not and invited me in for a second interview with the assistant manager the next day; I took this to be a good sign. However, I fumbled through my second interview and knew the second I began talking to him that I was not the person he was looking to fill this position. He was nice enough and I believe I caught him off-guard by asking him what his favorite part of working at Staples was, but in the end it wasn't enough for me to get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with a store manager, and had a brief interview. I was only asked to talk about myself and why I chose staples. Then met with the District Manager immediately after. She knew what she wanted and needed someone who could deliver.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered "more than the starting rate." I accepted.