Staples Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples (Newbury Park, CA).

Interview

I didnt have one. They just hired me and filled out my paperwork. I walked in ready to sit down and speak with a manager but it never happened. They are too lazy to talk to people before hiring them. The place is going under for a reason. I hated every second of my life as a Staples Associate. Biggest mistake of my life.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early, told someone at the Easy Tech counter that I was there for an interview at 2:30. Someone else was there for an interview at the same time as me. I waited my turn. The manager came out, shook my hand, and walked me back to the employee break area. He asked me zero questions, described the job that were hiring for (which was differemy from what I applied for) and told me they would call me.

Interview Questions

• I got asked zero questions. It was all very laid back.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Easy and fast. Very painless, and everyone was nice. Met with several people in the same day. Was asked about my background, and nothing too severe. This is the way interviewing goes at this organization.I received an offer in a couple of days and a start date 2 weeks out. Had to go through a week and a half of training which was based primarily on operating systems, and the company history. Again, easy.

Interview Questions

• Easy and fast. Very painless, and everyone was nice. Met with several people in the same day. Was asked about my background, and nothing too severe. This is the way interviewing goes at this organization.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Staples in March 2015.

Interview

First, I should note I'm 17YO with no experience. Applied a few days ago, got called for an interview same day. Today was my interview, it was really awkward but it went smoothly. It lasted like 10 minutes. He said he'd call me the following week. But, he actually called me an hour later and said I got the job (9.50 an hour).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but helps a lot of you have IT experience, that's the only reason I got the job

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Copy and Print associated but instead was offer Sales associated position. Then I call the store a week later letting them know about my application. The branch manager told me he was going to call me. A week past and I got a phone call when to the interview and was ask standard questions... (No they dont drug test)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Staples in January 2015.

Interview

I went in and asked a guy and he sent me straight to the managers office. The manager basically told me to apply online and call back the store. The same day I did that and he gave me an interview for three days later. The actual interview was brief and just asked me usual questions like why I want to work there yadda yadda. I think they were going to hire me regardless since they told me all I had left to do was the background check online. Once that was done it took like five days for them to call me back and to come in to finish the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples in November 2014.

Interview

I met with the GM in my first interview and met with the operations manager during the second interview. Not a lot of hard questions. My resume and job openings sealed the deal for me. Both guys were really relaxed so that helped me stay calm. After the second interview I got an email to file a background check. Once that passed I was told to come in for training. I never ended up being trained and was never told my wage among other things so I left before I got in too deep.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the hardest question I was asked was "tell me a little bit about yourself."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not told my wage, hours of position. I quit after being mistreated my first day. Dysfunctional store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days I got a call back asking to come in for an interview, I set it up for the next day and I thought things went well. I talked to one of the managers, we got along really well, he asked me a few questions, like what I was doing at my last job and how that went. And that was about it, after that he asked what I would want for hours, asked me if I had any questions, and we chatted about how humid it had been recently. As I was walking out he thanked me many times. All in all it was a nice interview and things went well, but I never heard back. He said he had to talk to the other manager and would then call me within the next few days. Its been about 2 weeks, I've tried calling and got nothing, no answers. Fairly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• There were almost no questions for me. It was very casual.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples (Victorville, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied roughly almost 2 months ago and I received a call on 9/22/2014 to schedule an interview the following day.
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2.Tell me an incident when you went above and beyond the call of duty? They then told me that being a Sales Associate, you will mainly be on the cashier.
    3. Then they gave me a math problem.
    4.Then they said do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected! Very easy interview. But it lacked Substance.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application 3 weeks ago and finally got a call last week. The hiring manager there said if I was interested in the position and scheduled the interview 2 days later.The interview went pretty smoothly, in fact probably one of my best interviews in a while I got a call 2 days later about the position from the general manager and got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• None really they just asked me about my previous experience at my last job, it was pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, the pay is barley above min wage but not looking for a lot of money just something to get by.