Staples

Updated Dec 3, 2014

1.9

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Staples in November 2014.

I met with the GM in my first interview and met with the operations manager during the second interview. Not a lot of hard questions. My resume and job openings sealed the deal for me. Both guys were really relaxed so that helped me stay calm. After the second interview I got an email to file a background check. Once that passed I was told to come in for training. I never ended up being trained and was never told my wage among other things so I left before I got in too deep.

Interview Questions
  • Honestly, the hardest question I was asked was "tell me a little bit about yourself."   Answer Question
I was not told my wage, hours of position. I quit after being mistreated my first day. Dysfunctional store.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples.

I applied online. After a few days I got a call back asking to come in for an interview, I set it up for the next day and I thought things went well. I talked to one of the managers, we got along really well, he asked me a few questions, like what I was doing at my last job and how that went. And that was about it, after that he asked what I would want for hours, asked me if I had any questions, and we chatted about how humid it had been recently. As I was walking out he thanked me many times. All in all it was a nice interview and things went well, but I never heard back. He said he had to talk to the other manager and would then call me within the next few days. Its been about 2 weeks, I've tried calling and got nothing, no answers. Fairly disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • There were almost no questions for me. It was very casual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples in September 2014.

I applied roughly almost 2 months ago and I received a call on 9/22/2014 to schedule an interview the following day.
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2.Tell me an incident when you went above and beyond the call of duty? They then told me that being a Sales Associate, you will mainly be on the cashier.
    3. Then they gave me a math problem.
    4.Then they said do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected! Very easy interview. But it lacked Substance.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in September 2014.

I filled out an application 3 weeks ago and finally got a call last week. The hiring manager there said if I was interested in the position and scheduled the interview 2 days later.The interview went pretty smoothly, in fact probably one of my best interviews in a while I got a call 2 days later about the position from the general manager and got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really they just asked me about my previous experience at my last job, it was pretty straight forward.   View Answer
    no negotiation, the pay is barley above min wage but not looking for a lot of money just something to get by.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was standard of most retail stores. They look for certifications and/or cash handling experience when deciding best fit. I was offered another position after discussing my abilities. Pay for this company is difficult and is set in a range of averages. You should be prepared to know what you want coming in or you will get the short end of the stick. Though I felt more qualified then the people working there, it is still important we show respect to our seniors.

Interview Questions
    • Why is staples the place you chose to work? This is a standard question for most retailers but again this is were you can shine and show that you really do wan't to work here. At least we would hope you wan't to work here.   Answer Question

Little room for pay negotiation at many of these places.

Sales Associate Interview

It really depends on what you are looking to do for the Staples corporation. If you are looking to work inside the store, it is broken down into several areas. Operations Manager, Sales Manager and General Manager are sometimes available after being hired and working up the ranks. If you have these experiences from another company, you might more quickly move into the "Staples" training for either the Operations or Sales Manager. To be a general manager, you often must have held both the Operations and Sales Manager position at one or more Staples.

Interview Questions
    • how do you see yourself growing in the staples workplace   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Got a call and came in to be interviewed by two people, the manager and the tech supervisor, both at separate times. It was a pretty smooth process and I did not find it to be intimidating at all. The questions they ask were answerable and yeah it was a pretty pleasant process. Was not provided with the wage I was suppose to get until later on in the hiring process. I think it was a way to skip out on negotiating a wage.

Interview Questions
    • Putting you on the spot to answer questions about your knowledge of everything.   Answer Question
    Didn't even have a chance during the interview. Later on in the process I was just given one...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples in June 2014.

I applied to Staples online, after a week went by I was called to set up and interview. When I went to the interview I arrived about 20-30mins earlier than my interview time.

Interview Questions
    • all of the questions were typical questions almost every interview asks.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Staples in June 2014.

Applied online and received a call about 2 days later . Went in for interview and everyone was very nice . The interview was in the furniture section of the store and it felt like a normal chat . We talked bout football,family and everything else . Was offered the job right on the spot but had to complete the background online first

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Staples.

Interview was very straightforward, almost no questions, it's a retail position! I wore a polo shirt and styled my hair

Interview Questions
    • I did not receive any difficult questions, I barely was given much of an interview   Answer Question