Staples Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.9

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

Interview

Friendly and comfortable interviews. They asked relevant and straightforward questions and answered my questions in a clear manner. Held 2 telephone interviews with HR and 2 face to face interviews. They were punctual and adhered to interview appointment. HR contacted me within 3 days of initial application. Entire process lasted 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would i handle an upset customer who feels he/she has not received good service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Staples (Newington, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

The manager was prompt to the point. Asked all the right questions.she answered all of my questions and explained the position thoroughly. Although I was not as qualified for the position I still thanked her for the opportunity and I am currently still seeking new employment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

General questions on Customer Service, Sales and P&L Management, General review of Operations procedures and Product Procurement. Examples of Customer service and sales performances and greatest accomplishments. Local connections and events that I was a part of.

Negotiation

No negotiating allowed

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview

Sat in front of a panel of 5 upper management and asked the same question multiple times, but in different wording and was expected to give a different response each time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

Hiring and interview was easy, as I was known by hiring manager. We had traned for the promotion to sales manager for about a year before the promotion. Interview was straight forward, we spoke about long and short term goals for the store, then moved onto situation questions regarding employees.

Interview Questions

• You have a customer who is upset with an associate (employee), how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was offered a salary and bonus structure. I could accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples (Dayton, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Management was excellent to follow up. I felt in the loop. HR is slow to respond though.

Interview Questions

• If you do not get this position, what are your plans next?   1 Answer

Persona;

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Staples (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process took months, called and talked to DM often. Had a total of 4 interviews.

Negotiation

Was able to get just under what I asked for, so really not bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Staples (Cleveland, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic, just wanted to know if I had personal experience selling, and if I could train others to do so. Asked about ability to sell protection plans. Asked about technology experience and if I knew computers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of selling a service plan to a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't one.They threw out a number and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Staples (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Worst possible interview scenaro. I have applied at multiple locations as I am looking to relocate. I have had 1 call from a recruiter in Wooster. We had a very nice conversation and I thought did very well when she said she thought I would better serve the company by working in the Austin, Dallas area. GREAT! She said she was going to have the Area Manager call me to continue the interview process and that she would call me in no more that 48 hours. 2 weeks later nothing. Either the Recruiter lied up front or the Area Manager isnt doing her job. Either way. Not at all impressed. Very unproffesional.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples (Stamford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Aphone interview with questions that could be found reading my resume. Very cold approach and no much information given about the position offered.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current job   1 Answer