Staples

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I had 2 initial interviews and then 4 onsite interviews before getting an offer from the company. The process was really quick and the HR person was good at coordinating the process right from the first mail. I had an initial phone screening interview with HR which involved discussing my background qualifications and my future interests in the role that I had applied for. After that the second call was from the hiring manager which involved more questions regarding my particular projects and what would I like to do more specifically. In this the hiring manager also explained in detail the various projects and positions they have and what I might be interested in working from them. After this I had an onsite call that involved 4 rounds. The first round was a technical one with a panel of interviewers asking me all sorts of technical questions related to my project work and my courses in university. Second round was a more specific one with a manager directly asking questions about my previous experiences that related to the position in his team,.They had multiple positions and thus he gave me an idea about all of them in detail. Next round was with senior architect in the team which involved discussing my project dynamics and my soft skills gathered in various projects before. This one was more to see the "fit for the team" qualities in the candidate like asking behavioural questions and trying to find how comfortable am I in a team or while interacting with other teams and in difficult situations and all type of situations. Final round was with the hiring manager again to clarify any doubts I had through out the interview or about the position or any other HR related doubts that I had. I was conveyed the result within 3-4 days and further procedure started to get me on board.

Interview Question – All the questions were really good and trying to understand my background and how can I fit into their team requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a pretty decent package for the location and the position. I would just want to mention that relocation should be a bit more for the students who move in for the first time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – Interview was Easy and Fun. Had a telephonic interview with Hiring manager for 30 mins. Questions were scenario based and Next round was Face to Face. Make sure your basics are right. Questions will be based on your experience.

Lots of questions on behaviour and real time issues in Web development.

Interview Question – Behavioural Questions will be asked, which is trick to answer. ex: How do you manage conflict with your Team Lead/Member   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees and interview candidates.